Percy & Reed guest - tattooed guest's hands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt very much the Love Hate tattoos would be on bank workers. The ones you keep going on and on and on about are the old almost self done ones. Don't you say your father was a gangster type, did he have tattoos? Many are gang related Russian prison tattoos to show what they did and which gang they belong to. They are the dark ink tattoos. The modern ones 99% of people have coloured and so simple.

If someone does their job I don't care if they have tats or not.

Totally agree Donna, tattoos don't bother me in the slightest, it's not for me to judge what someone does with their own body and as you say, so long as they do their job properly.

As for Julius, I think he likes to put it on a bit thick now and again.........and I don't mean butter on his toast. :mysmilie_17:

I doubt very much the Love Hate tattoos would be on bank workers. The ones you keep going on and on and on about are the old almost self done ones. Don't you say your father was a gangster type, did he have tattoos? Many are gang related Russian prison tattoos to show what they did and which gang they belong to. They are the dark ink tattoos. The modern ones 99% of people have coloured and so simple.

If someone does their job I don't care if they have tats or not.

My father had a black triangle on his left shoulder. He never used to like to talk about what it meant. He said he would tell me when I got older however we lost contact when he got put into prison so I never really found out. I always remember him being quite uncomfortable about it. A lot of the people he associated with had the Russian ones you are referring to and I know their significance.

My father had a black triangle on his left shoulder. He never used to like to talk about what it meant. He said he would tell me when I got older however we lost contact when he got put into prison so I never really found out. I always remember him being quite uncomfortable about it. A lot of the people he associated with had the Russian ones you are referring to and I know their significance.

If he was uncomfortable Julius he could've had it turned into a square, I'm not sure what your fathers meant, but I do know that a black triangle means The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost due to the the three points. It may have other meanings or even your own personal meaning, but that's the only one I'm aware of regarding black triangles.

I couldn't give a hoot. I value an individuals ability to do their job, not what they look like.

I think there is still a lot of stigma attached to tattoos. I can't recall a time where I've ever looked at one and found it classy. I find them repulsive. Imagine someone at the bank serving you with "LOVE" and "HATE" on their knuckles and a spider tattoo on their neck! Imagine seeing an airline captain with full sleeve tattoos! There are some jobs where tattoos are a complete no-no. Sopping telly presenter and guest is probably one of them.

Yes, imagine not giving the job to someone who was more capable but had a tattoo, than someone who was less capable who didn't.

Last edited:
Goodness Julius, it must be so hard for you when you look at your immaculate self in the morning in the mirror and then have to spend the rest of your day looking at lesser beings.

Goodness Julius, it must be so hard for you when you look at your immaculate self in the morning in the mirror and then have to spend the rest of your day looking at lesser beings.

I'm far from immaculate, however my skin is extremely good and not daubed with any inkings or tramp stamps of any kind. I am all for self-expression however I just think certain things have a time and a place. The main point of this thread is whether the tattooed hands are appropriate on a TV shopping channel. I really don't think they are. To me, tattoos are like graffiti; you get the random scrawls that are ugly and sometimes you see really amazing pieces of art that are quite breathtaking and inspiring. Insofar as tattoos are concerned, they can be the same. Sometimes the full sleeves that are currently popular look OK on the right person. An Italian guy I used to work with had it and it looked quite cool. If you put that on me it would look ridiculous. The thing is, one can repaint or whitewash a wall with relative ease compared to removing a tattoo that is embedded within the deeper layers of the skin.

For all people might say "I wouldn't care....so long as they are good at their job" etc, blah blah blah, I bet they would react with horror were they to be walking to an aeroplane only to see the captain roll up with piercings, arms daubed with every symbol under the sun, a spider web tattooed over his face, and a mohawk hairstyle. Have you ever seen a pilot that looks like that??? I rest my case!

As a private pilot (MEP) myself (not a particularly good one, but I am) I know many pilots, some of whom are training for the ATPL. Many of my friends are pilots. Some of the younger guys have tattoos but not in noticeable areas that would be revealed by a short-sleeved shirt. Try getting a job with Cathay Pacific or any of the major airlines. Believe me, a visible tattoo is a complete embargo on an aviation career

Most of the tattoos Adam Reed has are much more like the old style tattoos Donna said I "keep going on and on and on about." They are out of place on QVC!

Tattoos can be interesting...interesting in the way that means "****** awful". Here is a perfect example:

https://www.indy100.com/article/man...source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

Last edited:
Yes, imagine not giving the job to someone who was more capable but had a tattoo, than someone who was less capable who didn't.
A tattoo in a prominent place shows a lack of understanding of society in my opinion. It can be a handicap if the person has to have face to face contact with people they need to influence. For many jobs it may not matter and may even be a point of bonding. I have friends with tattoos and a friend who is a tattoo artist (and he is a talented artist). The friends who have the tattoos will never have jobs because one has serious health issues and another is retired. I know a woman in her seventies who has lots. They are awful. I cannot imagine why she did that and she loves to display them.

I don`t have a tattoo and at this moment in time I never plan to have one but there is another side to why people choose to have a tattoo. Already mentioned is having eyebrows tattooed/microbladed when they thin out or turn grey in later life. Some men have receding hairlines tattooed to make it look as if they have stubble growing through but the one trend I do support and would actually consider Heaven forbid I`m ever in the same position, is the art of tattooing over mastectomy scars and in my eyes it IS an art.
This is just one photo of a 3 dimensional tattoo over a woman`s mastectomy site and there are lots of others just as wonderful. Obviously you`d need someone who is good at what they do and it may cost a small fortune but I daresay to some women it is a tremendous help to their self esteem. Just click on the image to enlarge
mastectomy.jpg

I have just Google-searched "classy tattoo" and "tasteful tattoo" to see if I could find anything. I found many images that were "interesting" but none were classy. This leads me to the conclusion that tattoos are generally confined to the lower echelons of society. OK we all know about Samantha Cameron's smudged dolphin and Kate Middleton's permanent eyeliner. I don't know about Sam-Cam and what possessed her to get the dolphine. Kate Middleton, as ever, did something classy and cosmetic - the permanenet eyeliner - which is fine. I am all for that, and the eyebrow thing mentioned earlier. I don't think you would ever see Kate Middleton with a seahorse etched at the base of her spine, or "Wills" and "George" tatted on her arm. I don't think she would have the paw prints tatted over her knockers either.

This thread is about tatted hands, notably Adam Reed's. Man looks like a deck of cards! hahahahahaha! Not classy at all.

I don`t have a tattoo and at this moment in time I never plan to have one but there is another side to why people choose to have a tattoo. Already mentioned is having eyebrows tattooed/microbladed when they thin out or turn grey in later life. Some men have receding hairlines tattooed to make it look as if they have stubble growing through but the one trend I do support and would actually consider Heaven forbid I`m ever in the same position, is the art of tattooing over mastectomy scars and in my eyes it IS an art.
This is just one photo of a 3 dimensional tattoo over a woman`s mastectomy site and there are lots of others just as wonderful. Obviously you`d need someone who is good at what they do and it may cost a small fortune but I daresay to some women it is a tremendous help to their self esteem. Just click on the image to enlarge
View attachment 14387

Where is this picture from please?

I'm far from immaculate, however my skin is extremely good and not daubed with any inkings or tramp stamps of any kind. I am all for self-expression however I just think certain things have a time and a place. The main point of this thread is whether the tattooed hands are appropriate on a TV shopping channel. I really don't think they are. To me, tattoos are like graffiti; you get the random scrawls that are ugly and sometimes you see really amazing pieces of art that are quite breathtaking and inspiring. Insofar as tattoos are concerned, they can be the same. Sometimes the full sleeves that are currently popular look OK on the right person. An Italian guy I used to work with had it and it looked quite cool. If you put that on me it would look ridiculous. The thing is, one can repaint or whitewash a wall with relative ease compared to removing a tattoo that is embedded within the deeper layers of the skin.

For all people might say "I wouldn't care....so long as they are good at their job" etc, blah blah blah, I bet they would react with horror were they to be walking to an aeroplane only to see the captain roll up with piercings, arms daubed with every symbol under the sun, a spider web tattooed over his face, and a mohawk hairstyle. Have you ever seen a pilot that looks like that??? I rest my case!

As a private pilot (MEP) myself (not a particularly good one, but I am) I know many pilots, some of whom are training for the ATPL. Many of my friends are pilots. Some of the younger guys have tattoos but not in noticeable areas that would be revealed by a short-sleeved shirt. Try getting a job with Cathay Pacific or any of the major airlines. Believe me, a visible tattoo is a complete embargo on an aviation career

Most of the tattoos Adam Reed has are much more like the old style tattoos Donna said I "keep going on and on and on about." They are out of place on QVC!

Tattoos can be interesting...interesting in the way that means "****** awful". Here is a perfect example:

https://www.indy100.com/article/man...source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

No I damn would not. As long as he/she is sober and qualified to fly the plane. So you are going to jump up and scream you will not fly because the pilot has a tattoo? Of course not.

Adam Reed is the partner owner of the company and has many high end clients who go to him, Hollywood actors etc. The company is worth £6 million. So hasn't stop him working. I do not like the brand, but I don't like the products. You have this fixed idea in your head which equals tattoos meaning the person is stupid and dirty.

No I damn would not. As long as he/she is sober and qualified to fly the plane. So you are going to jump up and scream you will not fly because the pilot has a tattoo? Of course not.

Adam Reed is the partner owner of the company and has many high end clients who go to him, Hollywood actors etc. The company is worth £6 million. So hasn't stop him working. I do not like the brand, but I don't like the products. You have this fixed idea in your head which equals tattoos meaning the person is stupid and dirty.

I don't think that outright, Donna. I am perfectly open to the possibility that someone can have tattoos and be perfectly nice / intelligent / capable / decent. The problem is that tattoos are not synonymous with that and I don't think they are suitable for certain professions. If I saw an airline captain all tatted and pierced and mohawked, yes I would question their suitability. Some professions require a particular look. Not that many people will be open minded enough to see through the image. It's a shame, really, but that's just how the world works. Sorry! For the one or two that might be OK with it, the majority will not. It's not a reassuring look at all. That's why you don't ever see any punk pilots. Imagine how a woman might feel if she went to a doctor or gynaecologist and noticed the inkings on their arms and the Ace of Spades tatted on the back of their hands as they prepare to examine her nether regions!

Last edited:
View attachment 14387
Yes very nice. I would have this done. I've just had 2 lots of surgery to remove a rare tumour but at the moment have a lot of breast tissue left. My surgeon had only seen 3 this year including mine. Luckily this time mine is not cancerous and I will be monitored for the next 5 years.
http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/phyllodes

Oophs I forgot I have tattooed permanent eyeliner but it was not done a la Amy Winehouse. It was done about 3 years ago and it has faded. It is quite traumatic having it done and it was done twice to get the colour dark enough. I had it done by an ex national health laser operator so she knows her stuff.
The trouble with eyebrows is that they drop over the years and can end up in the wrong place. Someone I know has slightly purple ones now in bright light as the colour has changed. I know this as I mentioned her having purple eyebrows and she said it was not intentional... oophs!

This one is "interesting." I believe this guy had his arm bitten off by a shark and, with the help of tattoo artistry, turned his stump into a shark:

https://pl.vichan.net/pro/src/1v3yhamn.vichan.jpg

I think that is really quite amazing and demonstrates some humour, tells a story etc.

Hang on a minute, so you like this tattoo? I thought every one with a tattoo are unprofessional trash who lack class? I hope when you're flying you don't change your mind as quickly, or there might be some graffiti on a cliff wall somewhere saying "Julyarse was 'ere"

And this is the reason why you shouldn't be so judgemental, everyone has a story.

Oophs I forgot I have tattooed permanent eyeliner but it was not done a la Amy Winehouse. It was done about 3 years ago and it has faded. It is quite traumatic having it done and it was done twice to get the colour dark enough. I had it done by an ex national health laser operator so she knows her stuff.
The trouble with eyebrows is that they drop over the years and can end up in the wrong place. Someone I know has slightly purple ones now in bright light as the colour has changed. I know this as I mentioned her having purple eyebrows and she said it was not intentional... oophs!

:sweat::doh::confused:Thanks for this!

I'm with Julius on this subject. I don't like the term 'lower echelons' , - we could hardly put the tattooists friend and non-Knight Beckham in that category! Its interesting though, that those who have them, when faced with formal occasions do tend to hide them, so is this because of embarrassment? When I met the fiancée of my niece (a deputy head), for the first time at my birthday dinner in an upmarket restaurant, he wore a long sleeved shirt. I had seen photos previously of his arms which were ingrained with the names of his 2 children, and various other 'stuff' so knew he had them, but because it was our first meeting and unsure of my reaction, he kept them covered. Its since been reported that he regrets having them.

I do know though, that most men hate seeing tats on women. Compared to the sophisticated French, Italians and Spanish, we are just the common cousin of Europe.

Latest posts

Back