Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've complained a few times. It is a long, drawn out, procedure,. The last one I made was particularly long, months, they had forgotten aboout it and they apologised for the delay.

There are so many times you could complain but I can't be bothered now. The ASA is obviously no threat to IW, despite De Knees constantly saying the opposite and it shows.

I would agree with you there, and at the end of it you feel like, was it worth it when they only get a wee slap on the wrists. It's also why they probably ignore emails informing them them there shows are giving out false info, they know if you do complain ASA won't come down too hard on them.
Most likely best outcome with a complaint today would be they stop giving out false info regarding CCCP, but that's about it.

Still the inference they are Russian watches, although Bordell did say CCCP started in Germany, although wasn't sure if East or West, which is kinda daft as East Germany was part of the Soviet Union at the time so would be stupid to send Shorokhoff there, if you're sending engineers to the west to learn about a free-market economy. Also made it sound as though Shorokhoff was a watchmaker when he went to Germany, which he wasn't he was civil engineer, the watchmaking came later.
But they are still making it very confusing by not separating Slava history & heritage from CCCP's, which is pretty non existent. The way they are saying things, you would think because they have a Slava movement in them then CCCP as a brand has a rich history and heritage, which they don't, it would be like microbrand, calling themselves Samurai Watch co, naming their watches after Japanese events, people, buildings etc, use Seiko movements in their watches and claiming Seiko's history and Heritage as theirs.
And no mention of the fact that Shorokhoff sold off the brand to the Chinese.

Talking about Russian matters, I will post this here, even though I've aalready posted it on QVC, as there seem to be completely different people on the IW thread - - - - - >

Just to let everyone know, I had the Russian Covid19 vaccination yesterday and can tell you it’s fine. There are absolutely nyet negative sideffski effectovski Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина!

Still the inference they are Russian watches, although Bordell did say CCCP started in Germany, although wasn't sure if East or West, which is kinda daft as East Germany was part of the Soviet Union at the time so would be stupid to send Shorokhoff there, if you're sending engineers to the west to learn about a free-market economy. Also made it sound as though Shorokhoff was a watchmaker when he went to Germany, which he wasn't he was civil engineer, the watchmaking came later.
But they are still making it very confusing by not separating Slava history & heritage from CCCP's, which is pretty non existent. The way they are saying things, you would think because they have a Slava movement in them then CCCP as a brand has a rich history and heritage, which they don't, it would be like microbrand, calling themselves Samurai Watch co, naming their watches after Japanese events, people, buildings etc, use Seiko movements in their watches and claiming Seiko's history and Heritage as theirs.
And no mention of the fact that Shorokhoff sold off the brand to the Chinese.

The guy just said a few mins ago (when referring to a CCCP watch that Mike M had commented on re: weight) along the lines of 'what the TV can't convey is the robustness and engineering of Russian watches ...'

Talking about Russian matters, I will post this here, even though I've aalready posted it on QVC, as there seem to be completely different people on the IW thread - - - - - >

Just to let everyone know, I had the Russian Covid19 vaccination yesterday and can tell you it’s fine. There are absolutely nyet negative sideffski effectovski Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина!
Some of the IW presenters should get that jag. They’d make more sense 😊

It's all subjective of course, but for me some of these watches are hideous.

Not just hideous, but severely over priced.

Here's a review of the £3000 + RRP Earnshaw watch, no decoration on the movement and the branding on the rotor is a sticker, £3000+ watch and they use a ****** sticker for branding on the rotor.:ROFLMAO:
Also have to laugh when he's detailing the hour markers, it's at 8 minutes, again they use stickers and they aren't even aligned properly.

Here's a review of the £3000 + RRP Earnshaw watch, no decoration on the movement and the branding on the rotor is a sticker, £3000+ watch and they use a ****** sticker for branding on the rotor.:ROFLMAO:
Also have to laugh when he's detailing the hour markers, it's at 8 minutes, again they use stickers and they aren't even aligned properly.
Unbelievable - almost.

I don't mean this with any disrespect to the reviewer in that video, however his skills at giving accurate, calm and concise information are sorely lacking. He needs to learn from a proper 'giver of accurate information' ...

A MEAN, AIN'T IT JUST EXQUSITE?!? THE FLOW OF THE DESIGN OF THE CRAFTMENSHIP!!! LOOKING FOR A WATCH? JUST BUY IT!!!

That as you can see gives us MUCH more information ;)

Ok so just started watching through yesterday’s CCCP shows, I watch little bits yesterday but had other things to do last night, to see if they took notice of my email, only once did the guy slip in Russian watch in the last show, so compared to others shows an improvement. Still a bit of watching to do yet though.

Couple of things I did notice though regarding the CCCP watches, one is that the guy kept saying Vintage movements, yes they are old refurbished movements but doesn’t mean they are vintage, they could have been made in the 90s.

The other thing I noticed and it’s hard to say definitely, due to the coloured case back (probably why it’s been coloured) is that movement in the pick of the day (Gorky), which they say is a 3 hand Slava movement (but they don’t mention it’s number) looks suspiciously like an NH35 to me, definitely not the usual rotor you find on a Slava, looks like an NH35 rotor and from what I can see of the rest of the movement itself doesn’t look like a Slava, again looks like an NH35.

Here are some pics.

This is an NH35 in a Spinnaker (brand also owned by Solar Time)
spinnaker.bradner.case_.back_-845x564@2x ab.jpg

And here’s a couple of pics from last night show, not the best but hopefully good enough for the watch folks to see.
vlcsnap-2020-08-17-10h48m28s428-crop4.png

vlcsnap-2020-08-17-10h47m25s0951.png

Ok so just started watching through yesterday’s CCCP shows, I watch little bits yesterday but had other things to do last night, to see if they took notice of my email, only once did the guy slip in Russian watch in the last show, so compared to others shows an improvement. Still a bit of watching to do yet though.

Couple of things I did notice though regarding the CCCP watches, one is that the guy kept saying Vintage movements, yes they are old refurbished movements but doesn’t mean they are vintage, they could have been made in the 90s.

The other thing I noticed and it’s hard to say definitely, due to the coloured case back (probably why it’s been coloured) is that movement in the pick of the day (Gorky), which they say is a 3 hand Slava movement (but they don’t mention it’s number) looks suspiciously like an NH35 to me, definitely not the usual rotor you find on a Slava, looks like an NH35 rotor and from what I can see of the rest of the movement itself doesn’t look like a Slava, again looks like an NH35.

Here are some pics.

This is an NH35 in a Spinnaker (brand also owned by Solar Time)
View attachment 19394

And here’s a couple of pics from last night show, not the best but hopefully good enough for the watch folks to see.
View attachment 19395
View attachment 19396
None of those look like any Slave movements, as you say, more likely NH35

Surely "water RESISTANT" is meaningless, implying that it may or not leak.

I would not swim in it unless it was waterproof.

I certainly wouldn’t go swimming in the CCCP above, it’s a dress watch, and dress watch is not meant for swimming, they are really only splash proof.

It really depends, most watches these days will have Water resistant on them, rather than water proof, and of course water proof, is not water proof under any condition, will only be to the depth (or slight deeper) it’s rated for.

Most important part is the figure that goes with “resistant” or “proof”, 3ATM (30mtr) 5ATM (50mtrs) and so on.

Anything under 100 mtrs, personally wouldn’t go swimming in, really only splash proof.

100 mtrs ok for local baths if screw down crown & case back.

200 mtrs and above, again with screw down crown etc, would be ok for most us swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving.

A big problem comes in with cheaper watcher watch brands where quality control is not so good or even non-existent; they may not even be as water resistant as claimed.

None of those look like any Slave movements, as you say, more likely NH35

Funny thing is the CCCP website doesn't say which Slava movement is in the Gorky, just that it's a Slava 3 hand. IW web site doesn't say anything about the movement at all on the web page for the Gorky, no mention of Slava at all anywhere. Yet the on screen graphics for this watch during the 6 programs all have it containing a Slava Movement and the the presenters all claimed it contained a "vintage" or "NOS" Slava movement. Most of the CCCP watches with a 3 hand date movement like the Gorky contain the S2427 and judging by it's picture, it is nothing like the movement in the Gorky, you can see rotor you normally see in Slava movements.

Slava_2427.jpg

Still watching CCCP shows and Mike Mason, saying how he really likes the "Spasskaya", he likes watches that are different, he's so excited by it he's wanting to get one for his varied collection which he loves wearing. Which is strange, cause for someone who enjoys wearing all his watches, the only watch I've ever seen him wearing is his Seamaster. Oh and once he said he would be getting it at the end of the show, he came out with the folks are buying it, cause he wants it and he won't get it.:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back