Lyndsay ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I will have to stop now watching Lindsay's show now .. I have already posted on another thread how she was stressing the colour in a Chalcedony bangle and how difficult is us to carve this gemstone without losing colour ... if she had looked at the graphics she would have seen her piece was dyed! Just now there is a Morganite ring .. she is saying how difficult it is to get clarity with this gemstone.. that is nonsense too as pink Beryl, like aquamarine is very clear and it is colour more likely to be the issue. Lindsay is very pleasant but for someone who has been presenting for so long, she talks absolute nonsense. I feel mean but such incompetence just makes me cross and how she managed to get accredited is beyond me 🤨

I will have to stop now watching Lindsay's show now .. I have already posted on another thread how she was stressing the colour in a Chalcedony bangle and how difficult is us to carve this gemstone without losing colour ... if she had looked at the graphics she would have seen her piece was dyed! Just now there is a Morganite ring .. she is saying how difficult it is to get clarity with this gemstone.. that is nonsense too as pink Beryl, like aquamarine is very clear and it is colour more likely to be the issue. Lindsay is very pleasant but for someone who has been presenting for so long, she talks absolute nonsense. I feel mean but such incompetence just makes me cross and how she managed to get accredited is beyond me 🤨
I couldn't watch her

She's always been an appalling presenter.
For me there is a split between presenters who are knowledgeable (Angeline, Adina, Lynn, Kate, Rosie) and watchable and the rest who are either too Pantomime (Jess), hard sell / manic (Hattie), poorly prepared for shows and incompetent (Lyndsey) and Ellis playing the 'honesty' card but not convincing ..

I honestly cannot name a Gemporia presenter who I can say I am happy to watch.

I'm always waiting for more: a) jadeite, obviously; b) ruses, lies or tricks to maximise sales; c) overly aggressive screeches of "Buy this NOW!" (or the ever classy "Fill your baskets/your boots!" in the case of the always demure and restrained Angeline); and d) an appearance from a buyer to bore us all to death for 75% of the show.

I know that Gemporia is struggling to survive right now, but I really don't see how they can think that any of this makes for enjoyable viewing.

It has not improved has it at all. I hate listening to Lyndsey's voice, like nails down a blackboard to me. The endless jade and the endless droning on from the men, just turn me off. I understand that they might want to give information about a stone, but my God the droning on and on and on and on forever is not the way to win customers. The do like the sound of their own voices. Please someone make it stop.

I also want to watch a calm presenter not an over the top screaming, for want of a better word, banshee. It is so dull listening to the stock phrases each and every day as well. There is so much wrong with Gemporia, and so little right with it now.

I feel mean but such incompetence just makes me cross and how she managed to get accredited is beyond me 🤨
"Beautiful", "Amazing" and "all wrapped in your gorgeous".

She's the presenter for me who makes me cross too. I don't feel great about it either - everyone has to earn a crust - but I will not watch under any circumstances. She manages to cross the line from being annoying but good at her job to - as you say - rank incompetence, bolstered by a background education that seems to have stopped having any effect after nursery. Absolute disgrace.

She could be flogging 100% Guaranteed Hair Restorer for Bald Men and I would pass up the opportunity of a lifetime.

"Beautiful", "Amazing" and "all wrapped in your gorgeous".

She's the presenter for me who makes me cross too. I don't feel great about it either - everyone has to earn a crust - but I will not watch under any circumstances. She manages to cross the line from being annoying but good at her job to - as you say - rank incompetence, bolstered by a background education that seems to have stopped having any effect after nursery. Absolute disgrace.

She could be flogging 100% Guaranteed Hair Restorer for Bald Men and I would pass up the opportunity of a lifetime.

It genuinely baffles me how Lindsey Carr, Jess Foley and Cheralene Lavery got jobs as selly-telly TV presenters.

All three are so out of their depth, its unreal. I have never heard any of them tell us anything informative about stones - it's ALWAYS stock phrases such as "Get as many as you can", "The light is dancing out of this", "I've just gotta let you know" or "In this design we can see here".

Not only is Lyndsey Carr a poor presenter, but she's thick with it too.

I'm still on Team Jeff 😀🙃
Same here. Jeff and Kate McCarthy are the only two that are watchable - plus Jim too when he fills in on Gems TV.

Adina annoys some people - but I find her watchable. I just wish she'd cut out some of the ludicrous claims she's coming out with lately. She has no need to do that because Adina is actually very knowledgeable and informative.

Angeline would be OK too if she didn't come across as so aggressive on-screen. I find her way of presenting a bit 'hard-faced', if that makes sense.

The rest are truly abysmal though and totally unwatchable - especially Lyndsey, Jess Foley and Cheralene. Ellis used to be decent - but she's really annoying now, Lynn chats b*****ks, and Hattie is too hyper and shouty.

The line-up these days is shocking compared to when they had really good presenters such as Scott Worsfold, Rae Carpenter, Lara De-Leuw, etc. Presenters that were genuinely knowledgeable, informative and good to watch.

Necklace (image 1), with embedded mag clasp (2.50g silver), £16.99 - fine, nice with a floral dress on a late, summer evening and a cool glass of something 😀.

Lindsey Carr: "Where can you get just the magnetic clasp for £16.99, with this level of silver?"

Erm...just now, luv. In the 2pm show just before your shift, when you were in the building, with TV screens everywhere, with Jess. You dope. £9.99, 3.25g silver (image 2).

🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-23-02-18-24-703.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-12-23-02-18-24-703.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2023-12-23-02-17-40-266.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-12-23-02-17-40-266.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 23
Necklace (image 1), with embedded mag clasp (2.50g silver), £16.99 - fine, nice with a floral dress on a late, summer evening and a cool glass of something 😀.

Lindsey Carr: "Where can you get just the magnetic clasp for £16.99, with this level of silver?"

Erm...just now, luv. In the 2pm show just before your shift, when you were in the building, with TV screens everywhere, with Jess. You dope. £9.99, 3.25g silver (image 2).

🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

To be fair, you're assuming that Lyndsey Carr is intelligent enough to read.............

They’ve just been showing a couple of Glen Lehrer pieces. A ring and a pair of earrings, both were dyed pink quartz in the shape of a seahorse. Yes, they were both as horrendous as it sounds, but thankfully everything is okay because Mrs Carr was ‘so proud’ of the people that managed to buy them.

I actually don’t mind Lindsay. She seems harmless enough unlike lynn, Ellis and Angeline. Keep her and get rid of Jess and hattie

She was back on this morning selling a Labradorite pendant, or as she calls it Labdorite. Four times she called it that in the space of 30 seconds. Surely someone could have taught her the correct pronunciation of it at some point over the years?
Jim calls it that too.

The worst is Lynn though with 'padpradascha' rather than 'Padparadscha'

Latest posts

Back