Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You wonder how that can happen? There are a couple of people who post on here who seem to have technical knowledge of how television studios works, but as a layman, it seems to be the most basic of errors to leave your microphone open during a break. Particularly, if you are then going to sound off in a negative and embarrassing style about what you’ve been not been selling. Was he supposed to turn his own microphone off, or is that somebody in the gallery that does that? Either way somebody doesn’t know what they’re doing, and with embarrassing effect.
It happens more often than you would think. It also depends on the set-up. If they have an audio assistant or even someone like a floor manager could adjust the mics. But for this kind of shambles, who knows. There should be an audio mixer or someone in the control room or gallery monitoring the output. If a presenter is savvy enough they might be able to do it themselves. It likely happens when there are too few people on shift. There are so many things to try and remember and prioritise it is easily done. The main thing is to realise it has happened and try and prevent it from happening again

With him, you do wonder if somebody else made a forced error? I imagine Mason would go spare if that happened to him, and that the Gallery is more on their game accordingly. My perception of Simon is that he is perceived there rather differently to how Mason is.
Since IW mk3 started, I have noticed (and fair play to him) Mike has been selling as well as directing a bit and lets others in the gallery know they have made mistakes etc, He at least looks like he is trying to be professional.

Personally I wouldn't entertain the idea of paying John Scott £99 a year. At that price he's competing with Disney plus and I barely scratched the service of the content on there. But I do think it is fascinating with certain shopping TV presenters who have a large fanbase, what folks are willing to pay or buy from them

He makes a point of reinforcing that difference. Dressing in decent suits and often discussing what is clearly a middle-class comfortable existence (off to Toronto soon…often at airports…). Whereas others’ patter is to offer some often pseudo connection with the perceived social status of the viewers. Presumably to ingratiate a sale by that strategy…’We know what is like’….when they don’t…Actually disguising the comfortable existences they have. The trouble is with this guy is by doing it his way he comes across as patronising and fake. Fawning over items you know from just looking at him, let alone from hearing him, you know he wouldn’t touch with a ten foot barge pole.

He makes a point of reinforcing that difference. Dressing in decent suits and often discussing what is clearly a middle-class comfortable existence (off to Toronto soon…often at airports…). Whereas others’ patter is to offer some often pseudo connection with the perceived social status of the viewers. Presumably to ingratiate a sale by that strategy…’We know what is like’….when they don’t…Actually disguising the comfortable existences they have. The trouble is with this guy is by doing it his way he comes across as patronising and fake. Fawning over items you know from just looking at him, let alone from hearing him, you know he wouldn’t touch with a ten foot barge pole.
Perhaps he sees it as an improv exercise. What guff can i come up with about a garden hose?

Latest posts

Back