Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Richard Mire. Isn't he that annoying drone phone guy?
I watched a few mins of Shop on TV a few nights back and he was selling the drones with Rob L. Rob was suggesting the 'pro' version of the drone would be a great buy for those doing or thinking of doing wedding videos, short films etc. However, unless I missed it, they still aren't showing any real life exterior footage of the camera. I wonder why. Note no question mark as I know why, the video quality won't be that great, even though it's a HD camera which in truth doesn't always mean much.

Certainly, the quality of the footage they do shot in the studio never looks that great.

Of course, the perceived quality of the footage would be limited by the device you're watching it on, however you can still get a good idea as to the quality.

I watched a few mins of Shop on TV a few nights back and he was selling the drones with Rob L. Rob was suggesting the 'pro' version of the drone would be a great buy for those doing or thinking of doing wedding videos, short films etc. However, unless I missed it, they still aren't showing any real life exterior footage of the camera. I wonder why. Note no question mark as I know why, the video quality won't be that great, even though it's a HD camera which in truth doesn't always mean much.

Certainly, the quality of the footage they do shot in the studio never looks that great.

Of course, the perceived quality of the footage would be limited by the device you're watching it on, however you can still get a good idea as to the quality.
I would need to double check the models and names of them but the ones they are selling that I have seen are not 'Pro' Anything that you wouldn't wanted laughed out the room to be considered professional has to be minimum 4k. Now don't get me wrong HD video is great and if you were just getting extra shots it would be alright. The HD video in THESE drones is not the same HD that actual professional drones that are used in the industry would have. There are better codecs and HDR cameras. HDR (High Dynamic Range) gives more wiggle room with the raw footage. HDR cameras bring out better detail. These ones are not that type of camera. There's nothing wrong with them, they would be fine, but trying to compare them to drones worth thousands of pounds is not realistic. Your average punter won't care about that and will have fun with them. For myself I could see them being used to get shots for a YouTube video or Vlog. But I don't think the resolution is broadcast quality (the basic spec required for your footage to be accepted by broadcasters to show your work). Don't get me wrong, it's not the crime of the century. But anyone wishing to use professional gear would not be buying them off shopping TV. These are toys. Fun toys at a good price and not bad cameras. Just don't compare them to Hollywood movies!

I was a poorly kid who spent more time of school than being there, weirdly I had more education following my stroke at 14, as I moved to a residential school and college especially for the disabled

But as a kid I remember the kids programmes at lunchtime, loved Rainbow, hated Chorton and Wheelies, I would scream at the witch

Good memories, I like how we go off topic on here at times, it’s like our safe social media, but with friends who are alike

I was a poorly kid who spent more time of school than being there, weirdly I had more education following my stroke at 14, as I moved to a residential school and college especially for the disabled

But as a kid I remember the kids programmes at lunchtime, loved Rainbow, hated Chorton and Wheelies, I would scream at the witch

Good memories, I like how we go off topic on here at times, it’s like our safe social media, but with friends who are alike
Not sure what time of the day all these came on, but remember watching some as a kid and some as a teenager at secondary school, ranging from the late 70s until the late 80s/early 90s. Danger Mouse, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Terrahawks, The Trap Door, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Wilo the Wisp, The Wind in the Willows, Button Moon, The Magic Roundabout, Emu's World, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Mr.Men and Little Miss, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Sooty Show, The Basil Brush Show, Cockleshell Bay, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, The Littlest Hobo, Captin Caveman, Superted, Thundercats, The Raggy Dolls. I I have no doubt that there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Not sure what time of the day all these came on, but remember watching some as a kid and some as a teenager at secondary school, ranging from the late 70s until the late 80s/early 90s. Danger Mouse, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Terrahawks, The Trap Door, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Wilo the Wisp, The Wind in the Willows, Button Moon, The Magic Roundabout, Emu's World, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Mr.Men and Little Miss, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Sooty Show, The Basil Brush Show, Cockleshell Bay, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, The Littlest Hobo, Captin Caveman, Superted, Thundercats, The Raggy Dolls. I I have no doubt that there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
Willo the wisp scared me, more so Edna the Witch, but I think that was more to do with Kenneth Williams voiceover

I remember all of these, but was petrified of Noggin the Nog, and loved Mummies Alive, that no one remembers!

Latest posts

Back