Unfunny comedians

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who is that awful Canadian up herself woman ‘comedian’? She is particularly unfunny and annoying. And that Geordie woman? Sarah somebody? Knitting fog is more amusing than those two.
Katherine Ryan is just awful and "up herself" sums her up in a nutshell. Sarah Millican? I LOVE her, but I appreciate that her comedy is going to appeal more to a female audience. She heavily relies upon the unsavoury workings of the female body, bad habits, dirty knickers, sanitary products, sex & badly timed flatulence etc etc and I'm sure it's pretty cringe to a lot of blokes, mine included who finds her act crude and embarrassing " You'll have to excuse the way I'm standing Petals, me sanitary towel ain't on straight" I'd be in fits whilst oh would probably be sliding down his chair!

Who’s MP?
Do you mean MA (Maisie Adams)?

I’ve only ever seen her on panel shows and she’s been quite funny on those but sounds as if maybe her stand up isn’t amazing!

Why can’t you watch Rosie Jones?
Sorry, MA. Maisie Adams.

I honestly can't understand her. Especially when she's too busy laughing at the punchline of her own jokes.

All of the following. Michael McIntyre, James Corden, David Walliams, Leigh Francis aka Keith Lemon (admit, I did find Bo' Selecta! funny back in the early 2000s). Jack Whitehall. Miranda Hart. Rosie Jones. Alan Carr. Paddy McGuinness. Andi Osho. Gina Yashere. Russel Brand. Russel Kane. Angela Barnes.

I'm not really into comedy but the names on your list that I have seen I agree that they're annoying. Instant turn-the-telly-off annoying the moment I see their faces.

Katherine Ryan is just awful and "up herself" sums her up in a nutshell. Sarah Millican? I LOVE her, but I appreciate that her comedy is going to appeal more to a female audience. She heavily relies upon the unsavoury workings of the female body, bad habits, dirty knickers, sanitary products, sex & badly timed flatulence etc etc and I'm sure it's pretty cringe to a lot of blokes, mine included who finds her act crude and embarrassing " You'll have to excuse the way I'm standing Petals, me sanitary towel ain't on straight" I'd be in fits whilst oh would probably be sliding down his chair!

Mr AE is used to the crude and embarrassing woman - he lives with one. It was a bit of an eye-opener for him when I moved in as he'd never lived with a woman. Now he just mutters that he's relieved we have two toilets in the house.

I've never had a problem "educating" males in the finer points of the female body. I was the girl who ran around the common room with tampons up my nose for a laugh.

If boys were educated in the basics of female biology they wouldn't be trying to shame girls about periods. My grand-daughter flooded through her skirt to the chair last year as the teacher (male, yet insisting on being called "Miss") would not let her leave the class to go to the toilet.

The girls gathered round her (probably relieved it wasn't them), but the boys called her a "dirty whore" (and other worse things) and moved her chair (after "Miss" made her clean it before leaving the class) into the corridor and put a big sign on it saying it needed burning.

A very heated complaint was made to the school but absolutely nothing was done other than a letter to my daughter telling her she should take my daughter to the GP if her periods were that heavy and that "medical management" was available these days.

My grand-daughter now goes to a different school.

How did we get here? The boys in the class thought they were budding comedians, all the girls made to feel shame and a teacher who is male but "feels" like a woman encouraging boys to laugh at the "dirty" girl being made to use anti-bac wipes to make sure her chair "didn't have cooties" in case a boy sat on it next.

Mr AE is used to the crude and embarrassing woman - he lives with one. It was a bit of an eye-opener for him when I moved in as he'd never lived with a woman. Now he just mutters that he's relieved we have two toilets in the house.

I've never had a problem "educating" males in the finer points of the female body. I was the girl who ran around the common room with tampons up my nose for a laugh.

If boys were educated in the basics of female biology they wouldn't be trying to shame girls about periods. My grand-daughter flooded through her skirt to the chair last year as the teacher (male, yet insisting on being called "Miss") would not let her leave the class to go to the toilet.

The girls gathered round her (probably relieved it wasn't them), but the boys called her a "dirty whore" (and other worse things) and moved her chair (after "Miss" made her clean it before leaving the class) into the corridor and put a big sign on it saying it needed burning.

A very heated complaint was made to the school but absolutely nothing was done other than a letter to my daughter telling her she should take my daughter to the GP if her periods were that heavy and that "medical management" was available these days.

My grand-daughter now goes to a different school.

How did we get here? The boys in the class thought they were budding comedians, all the girls made to feel shame and a teacher who is male but "feels" like a woman encouraging boys to laugh at the "dirty" girl being made to use anti-bac wipes to make sure her chair "didn't have cooties" in case a boy sat on it next.
That school should've been named and shamed in the press and on the television. Ok, your granddaughter's name perhaps shouldn't be named in the report as I'm sure the poor lass was mortified enough. So much going on in this story, male teacher expects to be addressed as a female who has no empathy whatsoever towards the sex he thinks he's part of, in fact no empathy is an understatement, they were downright cruel. Allowing the boys to call her despicable names. That teacher should've been fired no two ways about it

That school should've been named and shamed in the press and on the television. Ok, your granddaughter's name perhaps shouldn't be named in the report as I'm sure the poor lass was mortified enough. So much going on in this story, male teacher expects to be addressed as a female who has no empathy whatsoever towards the sex he thinks he's part of, in fact no empathy is an understatement, they were downright cruel. Allowing the boys to call her despicable names. That teacher should've been fired no two ways about it
I agree I thought it was the most disgusting thing to do to a poor girl. Now my parents were the ones who thought if you got in trouble at school you most likely deserved it.
Dad did go up and complain about my teacher at the time who,for some reason ,didn't like me. She picked on me but the worst was when I fell down in the yard and made a mess of my arm,she would not let me wash it and called me a baby cos I cried,I was 6 at the time. It was one of my friends birthdays that day and we were off to her party straight from school. Her mum was horrified and her dad went up and complained that day.
She more or less ignored me afterwards but I could be an evil little so and so on occasion after that. 😆😜

Mark Steele and yes he's known for his lefty views and again he's another one I've seen at the open air theatre in the past, however what I saw of him that night impressed me greatly, he can do comedy without having to reach for the lowest common denominator . I've heard a couple of his comedy broadcasts about towns and they were absolutely brilliant, in fact I'm tempted to try and find them on catch up!
Here you go…

There are 12 series of it, so you should be able to find your local town or one near it?

It’s not my favourite comedy show on radio 4 but it’s usually well written and delivered!

Merryone and Patsy, thank you for your supportive posts. We did look into it but naming and shaming, unfortunately, would have brought a lot of hate down on my DD and DGD. Their names would have leaked out down the line somewhere.

Patsy - my parents were the same. If I complained they'd ask me what I'd done first. It's a shame more parents weren't like that now. I also had a headteacher in primary that was physically abusive. He was a customer of my parents but for some perverse reason made my life a misery because of it. He would always refer to them as robbers but still bought off them despite several other shops he could have gone to.

He punched me in the stomach one day as I refused to get in the pool for swimming lessons. I was 10 and my period had started in the bus on the way. I was terrified I'd turn the water red and refused to leave the changing room. I was the only girl in school to have started them so was deeply ashamed with no one to talk to. He was aware this might happen as I later learned my mum had told him and the other female teachers in a meeting when they'd started when I was 8.

I think this is why I am so vocal about bodily functions. I don't believe any of our physical functions should be a shameful taboo. Shame causes pain and we shouldn't have to feel that about our biology.

It's shocking and disgusting that people in power can treat us badly. Teachers in particular should not be allowed near a classroom if they have tendencies to treat any child differently. We're both scarred emotionally and maybe physically by bad teachers - the very people who should be doing their best to protect children from abuse.

Latest posts

Back