"House of Kimbie" - Ellis, really?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
Watching a bit of Gemporia. Just tuned in to see Ellis selling "Menagerie" charm bracelets and charms by Kimbie. Ellis said: "This is the latest offering from the House of Kimbie". I was alone but actually laughed out loud at the sheer pretension of it. It's Kimbie love, it's not Chanel. What next? "The House of Primark"? You can almost smell the telly-selly desperation.

She has also just compared their charms to Sabo, Pandora and a rather mundane egg charm to Faberge. But the hideous little carved amethyst peacock she showed (which comes with a Kimbie diffuser) is apparently, an "Objet D'Art". She really is over-egging the pudding today. All very laughable if it was not so tragic. It's Gemporia - it would be more honest to compare this stuff to Temu. All this posturing reminds me of when Del Boy used to try and impress people by speaking French (badly).

She has also just compared their charms to Sabo, Pandora and a rather mundane egg charm to Faberge. But the hideous little carved amethyst peacock she showed (which comes with a Kimbie diffuser) is apparently, an "Objet D'Art". She really is over-egging the pudding today. All very laughable if it was not so tragic. It's Gemporia - it would be more honest to compare this stuff to Temu. All this posturing reminds me of when Del Boy used to try and impress people by speaking French (badly).
Gold plated says it all. No, Midas, No Vermeil (which, if I recall, they used to do). Gold plated is one up from gold tone. Reminds me. I used to work at a printers (yes, this is related) and he had a shop too. Going back 25 years or so, I got from his shop a rolled gold necklace. Still have it. Still looks gold. Can you see 'any of the above' still looking 'new' in a quarter century?

Heck, I bet Faberge would be delighted to know that their charms are being compared with Gemporia's offerings. :ROFLMAO:

Remember 'Vorsprung Durch technik' anyone? 🤭

Those charms are poor quality. I bought the bracelet and that charm and some others. Sent them all back.

LOL! Again? What did she say this time? Hi Ellis, remember "Comment is free".

She picked up on the comments that were made on here last week about her singing. It had clearly been bothering her until her next shift (today), because she came on and immediately sang her 'hola my chicolinos' cringey song - but she sped it up, and then passed comment about some 'horrible people' that "didn't like her singing" and commented that we were trolls.

Well, if my mission to stop Ellis and the rest of the Gemporia shysters from using misleading and dubious claims in order to con people into parting with their cash means that I'm a troll, then I'm happy to be a troll.

Now, about that Tanzanite ring again Ellis. I notice that you're picking up on everything we type apart from THAT ring that got you a warning from the ASA. Would you like to apologise to your viewers for doing it next time you're on air? Perhaps you'd like to register on here and explain yourself?

No? I thought not. Coward. Oh, and your singing is still s**t.

She picked up on the comments that were made on here last week about her singing. It had clearly been bothering her until her next shift (today), because she came on and immediately sang her 'hola my chicolinos' cringey song - but she sped it up, and then passed comment about some 'horrible people' that "didn't like her singing" and commented that we were trolls.

Well, if my mission to stop Ellis and the rest of the Gemporia shysters from using misleading and dubious claims in order to con people into parting with their cash means that I'm a troll, then I'm happy to be a troll.

Now, about that Tanzanite ring again Ellis. I notice that you're picking up on everything we type apart from THAT ring that got you a warning from the ASA. Would you like to apologise to your viewers for doing it next time you're on air? Perhaps you'd like to register on here and explain yourself?

Ah... She can call me what she wants. As long as she stops behaving like a children's TV presenter and patronising me - and her entire audience. I wish she would just talk to us - like an adult - rather than sing at us, play games of trust with us and so forth. Most of us like Jeff - and he does not use outdated gimmicks all Ellis's nonsense is rather insulting for us - and to be honest degrading for her. Just tell us about the products Ells, we can take it!

And it's probably where they bought them from too.

Ellis has been reading the forum again. She had another swipe at us today.

Hi Ellis! Still haven't heard you apologising for misleading about the Tanzanite ring that you flogged!
At least posters on here tell it like it is. Whereas other people on certain shopping channels will end up with noses like Pinnochio's due to the tall tales they tell.

Ah... She can call me what she wants. As long as she stops behaving like a children's TV presenter and patronising me - and her entire audience. I wish she would just talk to us - like an adult - rather than sing at us, play games of trust with us and so forth. Most of us like Jeff - and he does not use outdated gimmicks all Ellis's nonsense is rather insulting for us - and to be honest degrading for her. Just tell us about the products Ells, we can take it!
I can't take it.....I'm still having treatment to get over some of the Christmas ornaments I saw... :rolleyes:

I've missed this about the Tanzanite ring, what was it? Please

I find Angelina to be patronising too. She bully's customers into buying

I've missed this about the Tanzanite ring, what was it? Please

Holier than thou, 'game of trust', uber trustworthy Ellis Ward, flogged a Tanzanite ring for £79.99p on Gems TV - the supposed 'reverse auction' channel that claims to sell items for less than their website price. The same channel that claims to be 'a friend in your living room'.

Ellis said, and I quote "We’re going to take it under a hundred pounds, it’s brand new, something’s gone wrong there, no wonder everybody’s gone for this” and “There’s sometimes some things just fall through the net” - implying that the price was a mistake, and that the ring should have sold for more - therefore also implying that the ring was worth much more.

However, the very same ring was available from their website at FULL PRICE for just £57.99p - £22 cheaper than the so-called 'reverse auction' channel.

Blatant misleading and ripping people off. The ASA ruled that Ellis' pitch was misleading - and gave a 'strike'.

Ellis clearly reads this forum and has had a few swipes at us, labelling us "trolls" - yet she hasn't got the morals or guts to stand on-air to apologise for misleading her viewers, or register on this forum, to explain herself. Therefore, as well as being crap at singing, Ellis is also a complete shyster - so, Ellis, shove your 'game of trust' VT up your Khyber Pass (y)

Holier than thou, 'game of trust', uber trustworthy Ellis Ward, flogged a Tanzanite ring for £79.99p on Gems TV - the supposed 'reverse auction' channel that claims to sell items for less than their website price. The same channel that claims to be 'a friend in your living room'.

Ellis said, and I quote "We’re going to take it under a hundred pounds, it’s brand new, something’s gone wrong there, no wonder everybody’s gone for this” and “There’s sometimes some things just fall through the net” - implying that the price was a mistake, and that the ring should have sold for more - therefore also implying that the ring was worth much more.

However, the very same ring was available from their website at FULL PRICE for just £57.99p - £22 cheaper than the so-called 'reverse auction' channel.

Blatant misleading and ripping people off. The ASA ruled that Ellis' pitch was misleading - and gave a 'strike'.

Ellis clearly reads this forum and has had a few swipes at us, labelling us "trolls" - yet she hasn't got the morals or guts to stand on-air to apologise for misleading her viewers, or register on this forum, to explain herself. Therefore, as well as being crap at singing, Ellis is also a complete shyster - so, Ellis, shove your 'game of trust' VT up your Khyber Pass (y)
I used to like her but the past few years she has become a tad patronising. The silly singing, the chicolinos references, the nonsense when doing the visage seeking compliments that she doesn’t look her age. It all feels a bit meh. She seems to have lost her authenticity.

Wow. I've screenshot a few wrong prices over the last few weeks and that was only for items on my wishlist. I sent one of these "load from code" items into Jeff. He said Katie at crashed the price by £200 yet the final price was more than the website. It was only £6 but it proves to me it's all garbage.
One specific item was a Tanzanite AAA ring at £638. They did a 30% sale yet the same ring went up to

I've noticed that many times. I sent in one of those codes to Jeff where he said Katie was in a good mood and reduced the item by £200. Yet it was still more than the website. Only by £6 but it's still the proof that they can't be trusted.
I've had 1 ring on my wishlist @ £638, the price has now shot up to £1607. Big jump 😜

Latest posts

Back