Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

High End Timepieces? Is she having a laugh? One of the biggest retailers of watches in the country?? IW3??? Don’t worry. Say whatever you like. Nobody checks or wants to. World renowned brand - William Hunt of Hainault. That’s the returns address.
This really - truly- is a photo of the place. Check google maps!
It’s high-end sophistication!

Attachments

• IMG_5888.jpeg
    IMG_5888.jpeg
    967.5 KB · Views: 0
One of those watches has stopped.

Great advert for their time keeping.
Noticed quite often when they demo cheap automatics that they're not always running, i.e. ticking. Or the flywheel/balance wheel is moving very slowly, with hardly any power in it/the spring.

They seem scared to either manually wind them with the crown winder or pick them up and shake them a bit to wind the automatic with the rotor.

They often seem scared to demo the functions, move the rotating bezel if it has one or use the stopwatch, etc., treating them more like presentation jewellery than functional timepieces!

Last edited:
I am trying to think of a shopping television presenter on any channel that appeared to have any knowledge of watches whatsoever apart from telling the time? Actually, I am trying to think of a watch expert guest on any shopping channel that appeared to have any knowledge of watches either. Reynolds didn’t seem to know anything technical about watches in general. The actors saying anything for a sale. Neil with Roamer, perhaps? Hammy will know..Or the Professor.

Last edited:
I buy from QVC most months (occasionally weeks!). I have never had a concern that I’d made a mistake or would be worried in case I couldn’t get a refund. They demonstrate the items well, no tall tales or drama. It’s just a million light years away from IW3. Anything that needs a charge has one, so no embarrassing waffling. If it comes in a box, the one on screen is not tatty, ripped and broken. I ordered 4 things last night at 8.45, and I’ve had confirmation today from Evri that they will deliver them tomorrow. I know they don’t have the same budget as IW3, but FFS have your presenters do some prep. And have your Floor Managers do their job, so that the Presenters have a fighting chance. Watch QVC to see how it’s done.

I buy from QVC most months (occasionally weeks!). I have never had a concern that I’d made a mistake or would be worried in case I couldn’t get a refund. They demonstrate the items well, no tall tales or drama. It’s just a million light years away from IW3. Anything that needs a charge has one, so no embarrassing waffling. If it comes in a box, the one on screen is not tatty, ripped and broken. I ordered 4 things last night at 8.45, and I’ve had confirmation today from Evri that they will deliver them tomorrow. I know they don’t have the same budget as IW3, but FFS have your presenters do some prep. And have your Floor Managers do their job, so that the Presenters have a fighting chance. Watch QVC to see how it’s done.
If QVC is Selfridges, IW is Poundland ;) mind you that's doing a disservice to Poundland ...

I am trying to think of a shopping television presenter on any channel that appeared to have any knowledge of watches whatsoever apart from telling the time? Actually, I am trying to think of a watch expert guest on any shopping channel that appeared to have any knowledge of watches either. Reynolds didn’t seem to know anything technical about watches in general. The actors saying anything for a sale. Neil with Roamer, perhaps? Hammy will know..Or the Professor.
I agree with you, Duke. I think their knowledge, at best, is that of the salesperson. Superficially, Kevski seemed ok. But as time went on, the gaps in his knowledge, the mistakes he made, and the bizarre claims he’d come out with, revealed him as, essentially, a bulk importer, not a watchmaker.
And as for the rest of them….

Latest posts

Back