George Simonton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

flo

Registered Shopper
Dear God in heaven , what is that man wearing! Haven't seen anyone wearing a blazer with brass buttons for 20 years!

Sorry couldn't possibly consider buying clothers from him.

It's like Are You Being Served.

He seems a sweet guy though and I do like the white shirt with pleated cuffs but I am a FART and proud of it so wont be buying.:angel:

His clothing range is not my cuppa, but at least his is very knowledgable, he is a tailor from the old stock and has a good knowledge of cuts, tissues, measurements.... etc.
He is quite popular is the US, has shops in the famous warehouses and I think he is a renowned teacher too.
Must admit,he is a bit odd, but comes over as a frienldy guy, unlike his fellow NYer DB

He does seem very friendly just can't get past his choice of clothing (on him not what he's selling). sounds like he'sbeen on US QVC quite a bit too.

I can't take my eyes off him. He is mesmirising. I think it's his voice. He looks mighty odd - plastic in a Gerry and Sylvia Anderson way - but does seem to be a proper tailor. I never buy clothes from QVC. I am three quarters pit pony and nothing ever fits...

George is very odd looking indeed, clearly had "work" and a great deal of makey. i agree he is mesmerising. But wow have you ever come across such a gentleman on QVC?

He is so polite and respectful to the presenters and audience. When something sells out he says "thankyou" and you can tell he means it. Truly "old school" and obviously an expert at what he does.... no sneaking a look at a product card for a reminder of what he is supposed to be selling with our George!

there arent many of these types of guest left, long may he continue.

Dear God in heaven , what is that man wearing! Haven't seen anyone wearing a blazer with brass buttons for 20 years!

LIsten,I don't mean this in any sort of nasty way,but THAT guy ,comes on , and the thing you wonder about are the brass buttons on his blazer? I laughed really hard when I saw that.
When I look at him ,I wonder many things, but brass buttons would be way down on the list of odditys about him ..(or whatever).

I swear he was wearing an Indigo Moon ladies' tee shirt with embroidery and possibly sequined shoulders! Somewhat small for him too!

George is very odd looking indeed, clearly had "work" and a great deal of makey. i agree he is mesmerising. But wow have you ever come across such a gentleman on QVC?

He is so polite and respectful to the presenters and audience. When something sells out he says "thankyou" and you can tell he means it. Truly "old school" and obviously an expert at what he does.... no sneaking a look at a product card for a reminder of what he is supposed to be selling with our George!

there arent many of these types of guest left, long may he continue.

I think he comes from the same 'old school' as Joseph Esposito, polite and respectful with his audience and has the knowledge to experience to back up his products.

He does seem like a really nice person but the clothes he is selling are absolute carp in fact I thought yesterday's clothing was rubbish and totally overpriced I never saw a single thing I would consider wearing.

don't buy his clothes - was tempted by the white rose shirt though - his fashion sense is off to say the least - but he seems a lovely old soul

There were a few tops that I thought were quite nice and would have at least tried on if I saw them in a shop. It may have been the stylist making them look good and I certainly wouldnt risk the P&P just to try them on and check the quality. Still think he is a sweet guy though and the way he looks doesnt bother me in the least, vive la différence !!

I think George comes across as a lovely lovely man. TV can be so bland sometimes - it's nice to have someone on with quirks.

I much prefer a guest with expertise and depth of knowledge to a renta -guest random from Shopping Telly Central Casting.

Having said that, if I was dressing him I wouldn't put him in some of those ensembles - but honestly if you saw me on any given day you might raise your eyebrows at my wardrobe. We all express ourselves in our own way I guess.

I think George comes across as a lovely lovely man. TV can be so bland sometimes - it's nice to have someone on with quirks.

I much prefer a guest with expertise and depth of knowledge to a renta -guest random from Shopping Telly Central Casting.

Having said that, if I was dressing him I wouldn't put him in some of those ensembles - but honestly if you saw me on any given day you might raise your eyebrows at my wardrobe. We all express ourselves in our own way I guess.

I really love quirks in a persons appearance Love A'Kin, whether it be their clothes or that their looks are not conventional. There is a boy who attends the Uni near where I live and he has very long blonde hair, long buckled boots and a long dark coat.........looks like Prince of the Elves, the fact that he usually has a fag in his mouth somewhat spoils the look but I do like the fact he is very different. In a similar vein, there used to be a young man who walked rounf the town with his pet rat on his shoulder, it freaked some people but did look quite cool. A young couple stick in my mind also from the town centre, he was dressed like the Lord of Darkness, she was a pale redhead in a gorgous long green dress and looked like a beautiful wood nymph. They were gazing lovingly into each others eyes and I would have loved to take a photo but if I had asked them, the moment would have been lost.

Love Prince of the Elves! (not so sure about Rat Boy!)

My 17 yo nephew saved up and bought himself a Matrix style full length leather coat. He might as well be bright green when he walks through our baseballcapped shopping centre but I love that about him.

Too many people feel as if they have to have a kind of "uniform" in order to fit in, so I love it when somebody doesn't.

Love Prince of the Elves! (not so sure about Rat Boy!)

My 17 yo nephew saved up and bought himself a Matrix style full length leather coat. He might as well be bright green when he walks through our baseballcapped shopping centre but I love that about him.

Too many people feel as if they have to have a kind of "uniform" in order to fit in, so I love it when somebody doesn't.

Oh wow, I bet he looks fabulous. Dont know whether I read it or heard it but someone said that kids rebel like mad against school uniform, then spend all their time out of hours wearing clothes that make them all look identical......like them all wearing baseball caps, hoodies etc!

I sometimes watch Hollyoaks :blush: (only if its on sons TV when I am passing mind) and my fave is a character called Chris, strong willed, individual and outrageous dresser! Wish I had more bottle to do what I wanted rather than just conform.

George reminds me of my late father in law !, he used to wear a blazer with brass buttons and always looked "dapper", he too had impecable manners !, he always said "manners cost nothing so why not use them ?".

Latest posts

Back