Has Julia got engaged?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
I thought I would have a look at the Eek Day offerings & saw Julia being very coy about the ring on her third finger, left hand. Someone had asked, sorry, tweeted in to find out if it would be featuring in the hour. Now JR didn't have to read this out, but she did, & came over all mysterious, sharing an 'in joke' with the resident Eek expert.

She has been with her partner for years and also wore a ruby and diamond ring on her third finger left hand. Perhaps its real diamonds and she didn't want to say she got a new ring.

I thought I would have a look at the Eek Day offerings & saw Julia being very coy about the ring on her third finger, left hand. Someone had asked, sorry, tweeted in to find out if it would be featuring in the hour. Now JR didn't have to read this out, but she did, & came over all mysterious, sharing an 'in joke' with the resident Eek expert.

Maybe the Eek expert had designed it for her in the real stones at trade prices?

Personally I marvel at the sharp eyes of people watching. I never scrutinise everything the female presenters are wearing for clues to upcoming TSVs. And I wouldn't then ask about it... it just fuels the presenters' "look at me" vanity, which is hard enough to stomach already.

All she needed to say is that it's her own jewellery and not for sale on QVC, end of.

Personally I marvel at the sharp eyes of people watching. I never scrutinise everything the female presenters are wearing for clues to upcoming TSVs. And I wouldn't then ask about it... it just fuels the presenters' "look at me" vanity, which is hard enough to stomach already.

All she needed to say is that it's her own jewellery and not for sale on QVC, end of.

Totally agree with you & it was her 'I have a secret' demeanour that made me wonder.

Julia should be engaged to herself as she loves herself so much. All this eye rolling and coyness in a woman her age is silly and it’s time she grew up.

Don't know whether JR is engaged or not. I thought she was married.

Can't imagine Hello! magazine doing a spread on some sexagenarian shopping telly presenter trotting down the aisle with her popcorn watch on, dressed as a virgin bride. Even the famous Julia Roberts (actress) is something of a has-been these days. Mind you, didn't they feature Jilly Halliday's wedding back in the day? If I remember rightly she looked like a Crystal Gayle doppelganger with a peace lily stuck in her hair.

That eek guest sounds like she's stolen Jilly Halliday's voice, though!

11am Elemis hour Keeley referenced beach wedding saying she wanted to be the first to announce it and wanted an invite

When will these presenters realise we are not interested in their lives whether it be their holidays, weddings, what they have cooked etc. etc. Their inflated egos have made them beyond ridiculous. I am watching less and less and heading towards completely giving up with QVC mainly because of the presenters. Sick of the whole lot of them. When will the bosses take notice, are they watching them? Or. maybe they can’t stand watching like the majority of us.

When will these presenters realise we are not interested in their lives whether it be their holidays, weddings, what they have cooked etc. etc. Their inflated egos have made them beyond ridiculous. I am watching less and less and heading towards completely giving up with QVC mainly because of the presenters. Sick of the whole lot of them. When will the bosses take notice, are they watching them? Or. maybe they can’t stand watching like the majority of us.

I agree Evie, Queen Julia would probably be shocked and surprised if the QVC customer wasn't interested but I'm like you, couldn't give a toss if she'd won the Euro lottery while getting married to Ryan Reynolds. I feel sorry for the QVC customer though, for the next couple of years they'll have to hear all about it, with a tiny smidgen of the actual product they're flogging thrown in, just to keep the hour on track..........I'd sooner chew my own arm off than listen to all of the boasting/bragging/fawning. :mysmilie_17:

Julia often wears an engagement type ring and a plain band on her left hand, but she's not married - yet. I think she said she and her partner have been together for 40 years, but I don't think it matters whether you're married or not.

I just hope that if she does get married that she doesn't bore us all rigid like those presenters who have had weddings in the family, or who have had grandchildren, and go on about it at every opportunity. They should stick to what they're paid to do - sell goods!

It was bad enough with the ****** autobiography she wrote a few years ago and was flogged on Q. The only consolation, is that the presenters don't seem to warrant the amount of paper/magazine space thus turning them into bone fide slebs - can you imagine if one of them got the call for Strictly ? the knives from the others would truly be out !

It’s of no interest to me if she is married or engaged. I don’t want to know about her personal life. I just want her to present items that she is selling to me and I may occasionally buy. When presenters start making everything about themselves I just reach for the off button. Don’t they get it? Most of us are not interested in them and they are not that interesting!

It’s of no interest to me if she is married or engaged. I don’t want to know about her personal life. I just want her to present items that she is selling to me and I may occasionally buy. When presenters start making everything about themselves I just reach for the off button. Don’t they get it? Most of us are not interested in them and they are not that interesting!

Well said! I couldn't agree more.

She probably didn't want to admit it was a real diamond, because that would've made her a hypocrite wouldn't it, oh no, no Diamondbleek for Queen Julia, just lesser mortals.

Julia bored us to tears years ago about her gold popcorn watch.Bless her, in her own mind... she is a born again VIP :smirk:I am not interested in their blogs or anything to do with their private lives.

She probably didn't want to admit it was a real diamond, because that would've made her a hypocrite wouldn't it, oh no, no Diamondbleek for Queen Julia, just lesser mortals.

Why did she read out the tweet and draw attention to it at all, then?

To draw attention to herself and to come over all interesting and mysterious.:puke::puke::puke:

How on earth should I know? You'll have to ask her, but my take is it would've brought attention to the actual event whilst allowing her to be faux coy about the upcoming nuptials, surrounding it in curiosity (she thinks)..............well like I say, that's my take Julius.

Because, like many of the other presenters, she wants the attention.

Let's not forget when Leighton Denny created All About Me, it was apparently inspired by Julia. I think he nailed it (pun intended).

Latest posts

Back