New face this morning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemtastic

Registered Shopper
I have been a long time reader of the forum but this is my first post (please be gentle with me)

I only have Freeview and do the School run then settle down to watch the television, I have purchased quite a lot from The Jewellery Channel but normally at 10am it is the same woman everyday, I don't mean to be rude but she is very boring, Today I got back did a few chores and then a new presenter was on, sorry I am terrible on names but was tall and good fun.

I wish channels would remember that Freeview viewers can only watch channels at certain times a variety would be nice, it was like a breath of fresh air watching this new presenter.

Hi Gem welcome to the forum, most week days 10.00-2.00 is Vicky Browne and i must admit she is my least favorite presenter lol but most of them are great fun to watch as well as very informative.
Post us some pics of the jewellery you have bought we all love a good nosey x

Welcome.....

Hi Gemtastic and a warm welcome from me. This morning's presenter......tall and blonde......could that have been Chloe? I personally don't mind watching her, she did a spell in the USA and then more recently returned to our screens.

One thing that puzzles me though is that now the presenters seem to do a straight four hour shift,
first one starting at 6am! :eek: I mean....do they have customers buying jewellery at that 'early' hour? :confused:
Would Freeview be broadcasting then?

It was Chloe from 10 and Sarah Lou from 6 a.m. on Freeview.

Welcome Gemtastic and I totally agree about Vicky Self Proclaimed "Queen of Sparkle" Brown. Chloe is ok but you'll find the "Bond Street" "red carpet" and "Cheryl Cole" references will drive you bonkers in a few days! She's watchable though and I do like her generally.

Sacha - did Chloe go to the US? I thought that was Sarah Lou? Didn't Chloe go off to a horsey channel of some description? I may be wrong!

There was another girl that left, can't for the life of me remember her name, she had rich brown hair, shortish length, it wasn't Lottie was another young woman.

Welcome Gemtastic and I totally agree about Vicky Self Proclaimed "Queen of Sparkle" Brown. Chloe is ok but you'll find the "Bond Street" "red carpet" and "Cheryl Cole" references will drive you bonkers in a few days! She's watchable though and I do like her generally.

Sacha - did Chloe go to the US? I thought that was Sarah Lou? Didn't Chloe go off to a horsey channel of some description? I may be wrong!
I think they may have both gone to the US and got the same impression as Cherub re. Chloe's husband...
think there was a thread about it earlier this year?

Jan....was that Kay who's now on Rocks & Co?

Last edited:
I have no idea why I thought that Chloe left to go to a horse and hounds type channel! Thanks for the clarification! I must have dreamed that one!

I have no idea why I thought that Chloe left to go to horse and hounds type channel! Thanks for the clarification! I must have dreamed that one!
Nah, may be not, there was some chat about who went where and that rings a bell with me also!

I think Chloe has done some work for a Horse channel, perhaps it was "Horse & Country"? I'm not sure.
Both Sarah Lou and Chloe went to America, but Sarah Lou did some work with TJC over there. I'm not sure what Chloe did there.

Hi Gemtastic! Welcome to the group! I'm a recent newbie here too.

I was also watching this morning and I'd never seen that presenter before either. I found her fun too and I loved her funny accents. The one before - looks like Nikki from Big Brother - I found a bit irritating. Such a difference to Rocks and Co though, which I've recently detached myself from after being addicted for a couple of months. Much more slick, and the jewellery is in another league.

I also love being able to get a glimpse of what's coming up in the show and being able to text what I want to see - though I suspect that inflates the price. I also wondered if they sometimes put up that there are 2 left of something which you've requested, and then when they see you hanging on the line watching the price they pretend that someone has bought the first one to nudge you into ordering. Anyone else suspected that?

I was just watching TJC again - around 9.55pm. Not sure of the presenter's name - "Anushka??" - but she just said something which harks back to a recent thread I started here about buying jewellery to make a profit. She was showing a Rhapsody Tanzanite ring in 10grams of platinum and she said "take this to a jeweller and they will probably make you an offer, they just can't buy it for what we sell it at, it's a great investment". Given what's been said recently here about jewellers undervaluing gems bought from shopping channels, I wonder what everyone's thoughts are on this? I know we've discussed this a bit before, but could there actually be short/long term investment potential in snapping up a "Rhapsody" standard Tanzanite? I know the papers have touched on this recently in relation to Tanzanite being potentially a good long-term investment. Not that I have a few thou to spare at present! but maybe a group of like-minded individuals might - family groups etc. Just a thought....

Hi Gemtastic! Welcome to the group! I'm a recent newbie here too.

I was also watching this morning and I'd never seen that presenter before either. I found her fun too and I loved her funny accents. The one before - looks like Nikki from Big Brother - I found a bit irritating. Such a difference to Rocks and Co though, which I've recently detached myself from after being addicted for a couple of months. Much more slick, and the jewellery is in another league.

I also love being able to get a glimpse of what's coming up in the show and being able to text what I want to see - though I suspect that inflates the price. I also wondered if they sometimes put up that there are 2 left of something which you've requested, and then when they see you hanging on the line watching the price they pretend that someone has bought the first one to nudge you into ordering. Anyone else suspected that?

I was just watching TJC again - around 9.55pm. Not sure of the presenter's name - "Anushka??" - but she just said something which harks back to a recent thread I started here about buying jewellery to make a profit. She was showing a Rhapsody Tanzanite ring in 10grams of platinum and she said "take this to a jeweller and they will probably make you an offer, they just can't buy it for what we sell it at, it's a great investment". Given what's been said recently here about jewellers undervaluing gems bought from shopping channels, I wonder what everyone's thoughts are on this? I know we've discussed this a bit before, but could there actually be short/long term investment potential in snapping up a "Rhapsody" standard Tanzanite? I know the papers have touched on this recently in relation to Tanzanite being potentially a good long-term investment. Not that I have a few thou to spare at present! but maybe a group of like-minded individuals might - family groups etc. Just a thought....

I'll tell you what. Take one of your expensive pieces into a jewellers and ask them how much they will buy it from you for. After you've given him a black eye and we've all sent you files in cakes and you're out of prison, post up and let us know what he's said!!!

Don't fall for the hype. Tanzanite is the same price now as 5 years ago (slightly less). There is no guarantee that this mine will run out. Even if it does, the second hand market will be awash with the stuff for years.

You mentioned that you've bought a number of high end pieces from Rocks and Co. List one on Ebay and see what offers you get. For something you've paid £1k for, you're likely to get £350-450 max (if that).

There is absolutely NO short term potential in jewellery/gemstone collection UNLESS you are buying rare gems (ones that you won't see on the shopping channels) and you absolutely know what you're doing, can test them to make sure you've bought what you have, establish contacts because these gems never come on the market, stump up the cash to have the gemstones certified if they're not already and then know where to sell to collectors.

I do hope some of the other serious collectors (you know who you are ladies) chime in here because they'll all tell you the same thing.

Thanks Meeshoo. I'm sorry I shot your blood pressure up again!

I don't have thousands of pounds worth of goodies from Rocks I'm afraid, and anyway I've no intention of asking my local jeweller to value any of my little nick-knacks. I was just posing a discussion point. I'm not looking for any arguments here.

It's interesting how unregulated these jewellery channels seem to be. Some of their claims must be sailing close to the wind with Trading Standards. I wonder why they're not watching?

...actually, can I add a rider here to my message above?

I'm having difficulty forgetting your message to me Meeshoo. Perhaps I'm being over sensitive, but I didn't expect such a harsh response. What's with the "I tell you what" bit? I don't want angst here, just chat, discussion and friendship.

Again, I'm sorry if my ignorance of the gemstone world is irritating, but I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking as they say!, (I doubt anyone who's made their way to this forum is either). Yes there are obviously experienced gemstone collectors here and I know you are one of them, but I hope there's room for all the rest of us plebs as well.

I may have lapsed into OCD with R&C until now, but I didn't give them my life savings and I won't do so to TJC either. I know there's no such thing as a free lunch, believe me. So please, other collectors out there, don't similarly "chime in" as requested. It's aggressive, and really not necessary. Thanks.

I have no idea why I thought that Chloe left to go to a horse and hounds type channel! Thanks for the clarification! I must have dreamed that one!

I can understand that Meeshoo - she does look like the "horsey" type. Although to be honest I think she'd prefer being Chambermaid for Cheryl Cole - she's totally obsessed with her!

I was just watching TJC again - around 9.55pm. Not sure of the presenter's name - "Anushka??" - but she just said something which harks back to a recent thread I started here about buying jewellery to make a profit.

Sorry but that's one woman who totally does my head in! I like most of the presenters on TJC except Anoushka and Liz Fuller. Anoushka's stupid "Roll out the barrel" renditions together with her "go on, go on, go on" absolutely does my head in! Liz Fuller is so full of herself and talks more about her ex boyfriends and being a former Miss United Kingdom etc than actually discussing the jewellery!
I just cannot bear to watch when either of them are on I'm afraid.

Now the boys - Big Derek, Wee Derek, Wee Jim and Steve - that's a different story - they're great!

Hello Sacha,

Apart from the first half hour Rocks & Co were broadcast I've never watched it, couldn't stand it.

Pretty sure the young ladies name wasn't Kay, maybe Donna or something similar, she had a light gruff voice, was one of the regulars when TJC was first on along with Lee, Ian, Lottie, Chloe, Sarah Lou, Derek and Vicki.

It's driving me bananas trying to remember her name, I can see her face, LOL.

Hello Sacha,

Apart from the first half hour Rocks & Co were broadcast I've never watched it, couldn't stand it.

Pretty sure the young ladies name wasn't Kay, maybe Donna or something similar, she had a light gruff voice, was one of the regulars when TJC was first on along with Lee, Ian, Lottie, Chloe, Sarah Lou, Derek and Vicki.

It's driving me bananas trying to remember her name, I can see her face, LOL.
Sorry Jan I can't recall who it was either, not sure I watched a lot of TJC in the early days!

Looks like the QoS is back on again this morning.

gemtastic

i think you mean that normally you see vicki brown. they call her the queen of sparkle

all i hear is the word errr, errr, errr, errr, errr

it's like listening to a robot ha ha

Latest posts

Back