Cant take to hannah clemmow.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oathy

Registered Shopper
Hello.
Really not wanting to be rude but does anyone else have an issue with her presenting style?
I've been a customer of Rocks and Co for about 14 months now and so far everything I ordered from the TV is fine. Its the website still a nightmare
they keep putting the wrong ring sizes on the website (even the new one) I had to ask the other day and yes wrong ring size listed again.

I do like John Scott I think he's utterly wasted on that channel, if I'm being honest and cant believe he's been off a week when all these major people have been over.
the other seem to have mastered this faux shock how low the prices are and how lucky we are getting that price. I really wish they would drop it because its insulting us as customers
and making them look really daft.

they do seem though to have lost a lot of good presenters.

Welcome to the forum,

I'm a channel hopper but linger on Rocks when John Scott is on because he makes it interesting and funny and he is wasted at Rocks.

I find it hard to distinguish between most of the young female presenters.To me they all sound the same and don't sell anything to me, thats usually when I switch over .I agree the faux surprise at the price drop is getting ridiculous. We are not fooled.

As long as you're happy with what you bought that's the main thing.

I would agree about the presenters. John Scott is the only professional in my opinion and I can listen to him for a while. The others are a big turn off for me. They do need to go to acting schools as you say it fools nobody.

The website is difficult to use. Has anybody looked at the missed auction section on the website? That is worrying when you see how much of the jewellery is NOT sold.

Hannah Clemmow likes to feel self-important and show off her superior knowledge. It makes for incredibly boring viewing. I think I stopped watching round about the time she started.

I would agree about the presenters. John Scott is the only professional in my opinion and I can listen to him for a while. The others are a big turn off for me. They do need to go to acting schools as you say it fools nobody.

The website is difficult to use. Has anybody looked at the missed auction section on the website? That is worrying when you see how much of the jewellery is NOT sold.

Every auction is listed, not just the unsold items. You need to phone them to check whether the item is still available.

Aw thank you for the welcome :)
Yes must be honest I cant see me ordering from the website again if someone does see an item they like its best to email them and make sure that is the correct ring size etc before you order.
LOL that's so true countrymaid its like she's giving a lecture how clever she is on just about everything!!

Sorry, Oathy, but my experience with them was dire and I would never order from them again. My experience was they are not to be trusted. Buyers beware would be my strong advice.

I completely agree with you about Hannah - I could never stand her when she was on Gems TV. She comes over in a stroppy, abrupt way, with loads of fake amazement and quite dictatorial, as though she's keeping in order a group of boisterous 6 year olds. I am gobsmacked she turned up on Rocks after working for a half-decent company like Gems - as you say, they go through presenters like a dose of salts and I think "the Management" are very much hire 'em and then fire 'em. They lost 2 good male presenters - Alan J. Miller and Mark Rigby - a few years ago. Both were not shouty, hair flicking blondes so disappeared - and both of them had really in-depth gemstone knowledge, which they passed on to the viewers, whereas all you get from the screechers is "amazing", "how can we do it at this price?", we should not be doing this" - blardy, blardy, blah! IMO, if John Scott wants to retain any credibility he should have gone long ago, they are a car crash. Can't say I like him as much as I used to - he comes over as quite snappy at the crew at times, bit of a male diva.

Hello.
Really not wanting to be rude but does anyone else have an issue with her presenting style?
I've been a customer of Rocks and Co for about 14 months now and so far everything I ordered from the TV is fine. Its the website still a nightmare
they keep putting the wrong ring sizes on the website (even the new one) I had to ask the other day and yes wrong ring size listed again.

I do like John Scott I think he's utterly wasted on that channel, if I'm being honest and cant believe he's been off a week when all these major people have been over.
the other seem to have mastered this faux shock how low the prices are and how lucky we are getting that price. I really wish they would drop it because its insulting us as customers
and making them look really daft.

they do seem though to have lost a lot of good presenters.

Last edited:
Hee, hee, - I like your comment, so true! Superior is exactly the word, sometimes I think she believes she's doing crowd control, she's so dictatorial. And IMO her gemstone knowledge is not all that - neither was it when she was a presenter on Gems. She makes mistakes.

Hannah Clemmow likes to feel self-important and show off her superior knowledge. It makes for incredibly boring viewing. I think I stopped watching round about the time she started.

Sorry, Oathy, but my experience with them was dire and I would never order from them again. My experience was they are not to be trusted. Buyers beware would be my strong advice.

I completely agree with you about Hannah - I could never stand her when she was on Gems TV. She comes over in a stroppy, abrupt way, with loads of fake amazement and quite dictatorial, as though she's keeping in order a group of boisterous 6 year olds. I am gobsmacked she turned up on Rocks after working for a half-decent company like Gems - as you say, they go through presenters like a dose of salts and I think "the Management" are very much hire 'em and then fire 'em. They lost 2 good male presenters - Alan J. Miller and Mark Rigby - a few years ago. Both were not shouty, hair flicking blondes so disappeared - and both of them had really in-depth gemstone knowledge, which they passed on to the viewers, whereas all you get from the screechers is "amazing", "how can we do it at this price?", we should not be doing this" - blardy, blardy, blah! IMO, if John Scott wants to retain any credibility he should have gone long ago, they are a car crash. Can't say I like him as much as I used to - he comes over as quite snappy at the crew at times, bit of a male diva.

Completely understand
It does look Like I've been very lucky when ordering off a TV Auction, I know the website is just a disaster to have one ring size wrong was bad enough when It happened again though.
I haven't yet used the 10 pounds off voucher and looking at the other thread that sounds a total disaster.

John was really hitting the point home last night to Debbie at 6pm about his "absence" for a week. She's on this afternoon now same old lecturing same "how on earth are we doing this price". hehe

Hi again Oathy - and by the way, welcome! You'll find great comments on here, just don't make my mistake and be swilling your tea when you read them, 'cos you'll laugh so much you'll drown the computer. Please, please, please, beware of Rocks - especially when you use your voucher: they swindled me out of one I had, by telling me that it HAD gone through as money off - but then when I got the item and invoice enclosed....you've guessed it, they hadn't taken the money off, and the excuses I got were a joke, practically everything from "the dog ate my homework" to "computer malfunction". They of course refused to refund me the money to my credit card, so that proves they are scammers - a half-decent company would have done it straight away. I had a money-off voucher with Gems once, and the computer malfunctioned - they returned the money to my credit card! I'd hate anyone on here to get scammed.

Completely understand
It does look Like I've been very lucky when ordering off a TV Auction, I know the website is just a disaster to have one ring size wrong was bad enough when It happened again though.
I haven't yet used the 10 pounds off voucher and looking at the other thread that sounds a total disaster.

John was really hitting the point home last night to Debbie at 6pm about his "absence" for a week. She's on this afternoon now same old lecturing same "how on earth are we doing this price". hehe

I think it's become apparent that they have gone in a certain direction seeing as their only male presenter is gay. I'm fairly astonished that no one has made anything of this as it's 'only' straight men and jewellery. Before I get accused of being homophobic, I personally love seeing john scott and his eclectic assortment of tshirts and have nothing against him personally (though it really is a sad indictment on our society that I would have to confirm that, through fear of being labelled homophobic, but that's a topic for a rainy day)

They seem to be really insistent on reacting like you are robbing them blind by buying their pieces (at the reverse auction prices), which is ironic based on some of the feedback you see on here about the actual quality.

If I was a customer of theirs, the last thing i'd want to hear is that they ''cant believe the price is that low, we should be getting at least treble the amount for this'' it would make me suspicious as surely if they could get away with charging more, then they would.

I think Hannah is alright, definitely less screechy.

anyway, thank you to anyone that actually read my ramblings.

I think it's become apparent that they have gone in a certain direction seeing as their only male presenter is gay. I'm fairly astonished that no one has made anything of this as it's 'only' straight men and jewellery. Before I get accused of being homophobic, I personally love seeing john scott and his eclectic assortment of tshirts and have nothing against him personally (though it really is a sad indictment on our society that I would have to confirm that, through fear of being labelled homophobic, but that's a topic for a rainy day)

They seem to be really insistent on reacting like you are robbing them blind by buying their pieces (at the reverse auction prices), which is ironic based on some of the feedback you see on here about the actual quality.

If I was a customer of theirs, the last thing i'd want to hear is that they ''cant believe the price is that low, we should be getting at least treble the amount for this'' it would make me suspicious as surely if they could get away with charging more, then they would.

"cherry Pie" I think after each price drop her mouth hit the counter yesterday.
totally get the point you made about the prices it really isn't fooling anyone

mr tom, I can't stand Hannah's presenting style, too dictatorial, but have to admit you are right about her being far less manic than the screechers - and your opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else's. Why the penny doesn't drop with them that we are all perfectly aware they are NOT robbing themselves blind, because no company can remain viable for longer than 5 minutes if they do that, is one of the great mysteries of our time. Of course they are nowhere near "robbing themselves" - simples, so why don't they just stop that particular sales pitch?. I used to like John S a lot, from way back when he appeared on TJC, but I think he has changed a bit over the past year, and to be honest I often don't find him funny any more. I think he can be rather abrupt, diva-ish and picky in his on-screen comments towards the backroom staff - don't know if this is put on as all part of "showmanship", but I don't like the way it comes across as rather hectoring.

mr tom, I can't stand Hannah's presenting style, too dictatorial, but have to admit you are right about her being far less manic than the screechers - and your opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else's. Why the penny doesn't drop with them that we are all perfectly aware they are NOT robbing themselves blind, because no company can remain viable for longer than 5 minutes if they do that, is one of the great mysteries of our time. Of course they are nowhere near "robbing themselves" - simples, so why don't they just stop that particular sales pitch?. I used to like John S a lot, from way back when he appeared on TJC, but I think he has changed a bit over the past year, and to be honest I often don't find him funny any more. I think he can be rather abrupt, diva-ish and picky in his on-screen comments towards the backroom staff - don't know if this is put on as all part of "showmanship", but I don't like the way it comes across as rather hectoring.

you both make interesting points. I personally find it odd when they talk to the people behind the camera as quite frankly I don't know who they are.... so it might aswell be batman. I know that it is a device to fill time and pad out the hours of jewellery but there should be more of an effort to show who these people are, in that case.

Who the hell is this Wayne chap that Hannah seems to be constantly having a conversation with whilst on air. If it's not Wayne it's Neeeesh(?) And as these seem to be the people who are dropping the prices sooooooooo low, how come they still have jobs? They always appear to be in trouble with "management" for their actions. Who the hell do they think they are fooling?

she left as a presenter last night....apparently she's now doing "ground work" and background work for them.
Cant say I'm sorry seeing her leave as a presenter. John is still the best one in terms of interaction with viewers
the others still have that problem of speaking at people not with them.

Do you mean Hannah or Cherry? Whichever one it is, good riddance! Can't say I ever do more than just flick over for a minute or so once or twice a week, but Hannah talks at you in a dictatorial manner, and Cherry is so full of fake amazement whilst seemingly looking down her nose at you. Neither of them are good presenters, IMO, and I disliked Hannah when she was at Gems, as she came over as a diva. I don't know how Liv Edmonds (ex-Gems) could have moved to Rocks - out of the frying-pan, into the fire, I'd say. Rocks is an awful company in my view - I've had dealings with them and told them to close my account. In spite of this, they still keep sending me so-called "discounts". Hell would freeze over before I'd order anything from them.

she left as a presenter last night....apparently she's now doing "ground work" and background work for them.
Cant say I'm sorry seeing her leave as a presenter. John is still the best one in terms of interaction with viewers
the others still have that problem of speaking at people not with them.

Latest posts

Back