Peony Flowers TSV 24/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was in Wilkos getting bird food and I saw some looks likey Peony flowers in rose gold jars etc. the quality of the flowers is much nicer than peony

No more faux flowers for me. The real thing will be in bloom soon, I've got lilies coming up everywhere. Peony are a bit hit and miss on the quality I've found.

CC

I agree about the quality. its more fashionable to have real orchids and palms than fake ones. plus it makes you look more arty. I am getting rid of all my fake stuff and replacing them

I wouldn't have faux flowers in my house even if you paid me - just do not get the appeal at all and would rather have nothing!
But I know people do love them. My grannie and mum used have these silk flowers back in the 90's which I guess were pretty...

Anyway seeing those hydrangeas made me think of the hyndrangeas in my sitting room.
They're from the shrubs between me and my neighbour. We pick whilst still pink, dry hanging in airing cupboard and then use dried in a huge old vase.

They don't look dried as still in lovely shades of dusky pink, and with gentle hoovering or other dusting last a good year (next door has had hers looking perfect for 2 years apparently!)
Just an idea and they're free of plastic and free of cost :)

Oh dear no drying of flowers here.
A change to a combi boiler with the removal of the cistern from the landing airing cupboard resulted in an extended shower into the airing cupboard.
The other side of the shower wall via the landing airing cupboard door made a smaller shelved cupboard for linen, towels and skincare/toiletries, ideal as frees up the bathroom of loads of clutter.

Orchids are very reasonable in the likes of M&S, Tesco etc. They don't need a lot of fuss and can look stunning for months at a time.

The only flowers I rate from Peony are the hydrangeas. I haven’t bought many to be fair but other than the hydrangeas they were pretty meh. They’ve had the hydrangeas in various combinations for ages though so I’d have thought if you liked them you would already have them.

Still prefer Sia if I’m going to buy them. And I definitely prefer loose flowers I can shove in a vase myself.

I love my orchids now. getting rid of all the fake stuff...if you go to Ikea there are lots of real orchids and other indoor plants that are easy to look after and cost a lot less than Peony

Although my last house was a large Victorian terrace with high ceilings, it didn't have a garden and Peony flowers were just the thing. Now I've moved to a 1960's semi with low ceilings and a huge garden...they have been relegated to the loft for the time being.

Orchids are very reasonable in the likes of M&S, Tesco etc. They don't need a lot of fuss and can look stunning for months at a time.

I'm a bit obsessed with orchids!
As you say they are so reasonable but yet so stunning with (relatively little) 'work'.

I've collected 10 now - mainly received as gifts over the years. I have enough now - can't cope with feeding or watering any more! Nor do I have any more windowsills!

But many of them are from when I moved into my current house, 10/11 years ago, and they just keep re-blooming for me :)

love my orchids I grow Phals, omcidiums, millionopsis and zygopetalatums. those are for flowering and greenery!

Peony RHS Hydrangeas in Hampton Vase
Item Number: 709376
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.96
P&P £0.00

This beautiful faux floral arrangement has been specially designed by Peony for QVC and is endorsed by the Royal Horticultural Society. Boasting six large Pom Pom hydrangea stems in a clear glass Hamptons vase and in a choice of four different colours, there's no limit to the elegant looks you can create with this wonderfully lifelike Peony arrangement.

Impressive quality - because they are so lifelike, Peony arrangements are the only faux flowers in the world recognised by the Royal Horticultural Society for their excellence.

Customise your look - each faux stem has been left unset so that it can be removed from the Hampton vase and swapped around seasonally with other stems or bouquets. Make sure your collection lasts and lasts, no matter the season, by updating key colours and flowers to suit your tastes.

Choose your colour - choose from four beautifully delicate colour options, all inspired by the hydrangeas on the Ruckley Estate, with true-to-life, botanically accurate colours and sizes. The White, Pink and Blue options are monochromatic in colour, while the Green arrangement includes multi-tonal flowers, plus blooms fully in light green and cream with green flecks for variety.

A gorgeous gift - this timeless arrangement makes a fantastic gift for loved ones, particularly to celebrate a new home, with the bow adding that perfect finishing touch.

Arrangement (h x w): 52cm x 46cm (20.5" x 18.1")

Colour options:

White
Green
Pink
Blue

Delivered directly from Peony: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery to UK only (including Northern Ireland, excluding the Highlands and islands)

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.709376

Went into TKMaxx today and saw three stems of huge hydrangeas in white for £8.49. £17 for 6 plus a vase for a tenner, that's just over half the price of the tsv. Like all things now on Q, similar/same/better can be found elsewhere and cheaper. And isn't it noticeable how a lot more products are being offered with free postage ?????

Latest posts

Back