Hayley Green- most out of place sales angle?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leechunsonnn

Registered Shopper
Could genuniely not believe Hayley Green last night whilst listening to the EEPC heaters show.

She was using..... wait for this...... the issue of people not being able to heat AND eat, to sell these radiators!!!!!
Yes, she was clearly saying how some people have to choose to either heat or eat, so these radiators would be perfect for them!

Apart from the fact that people in the 'heat OR eat' situation, don't actively have £20 a week so they can spend £10 on heat and £10 on food, thus how the hell can they spend £600 on radiators? Apart from that small factoid, and apart from the fact that if someone in the heat or eat category had £600 then...they wouldn't be choosing between heating or eating.

Apart from those, don't you think using the abhorrent situation a lot of people in this country find themselves in, of heating OR f*^&ing eating, is grounds for selling a radiator? perhaps not a little disgusting to even mention it? You absolute braindead woman, £600 is probably what I, as a single disabled lady on benefits, will spend over the next 10 years on heating, if not more years than that!!! I don't think many people on benefits even GET £600 a year 'spare', I know I certainly don't, this is aside from the heat or eat unfortunates.

I cannot believe she has used this problem to promote a sale and I think she should be disgusted with herself. Jesus on a bicycle what is next? Using the problem of homelessness to sell tents?

Absolutely. Fuming. Disgusted.

Thank
Cristiano

Quite normal selling for all of them although she is awful re the radiators disgraceful selling tactics and also suggesting winter will be really bad and frightening older people into parting with a vast amount of money on radiators

She was also making some pretty exotic claims about the results you can expect from Jane Plan too.

Maybe the Goons are being put under even more pressure to shill?

And we all know what might happen then :mysmilie_59:

9948074E-9E44-4D50-BA94-BA4F7FE118BA.jpeg

A lot of presenters, on any of the shopping channels, will use "scare" tactics to encourage sales. It just makes me change channels when they do that. Sadly, some do fall for their tactics.

This form of pressure and scare tactics were used last year as well by goon squad. It is shocking to see it being used like this again this year. Sadly, I fear there will be no change in this years offerings.

Only consolation being there's theoretically a cooling-off (ha ha) period, at least until they go bust :mysmilie_59:

(Not that I'm gloating over people losing their jobs, but anyone partaking in such blatantly unethical high pressure selling tactics deserve all the misfortune they can get.)

I know I have said this before, but they really are the equivalent of those vile home sellers that won't leave peoples homes until they sign off on something. All this "come one....buy it. Come on.....get one in your basket now" it is awful. Really disgusting tactics.

Agreed a totally ridiculous thing to say - You've got £600 knocking around to pay for a radiator, then I very much doubt feeding yourself/family is too much of an issue. By all means tell us it'll "pay for itself in X amount of months/years, tell us what you save on your heating could buy us a few little luxuries - but food? Err no! Disgraceful selling tactics...although it'll fall on deaf ears anyway, cause people who are literally having to live from hand to mouth, won't be able to afford to buy this thing anyway...even on "easy pay"!

she's evidently thick and/or thick skinned to come out with crap like that. Same when they say 'buy one and wheel it room to room' cause yeah, when your entire house is freezing you'd buy one and wheel it around with you, cause the room would heat instantly wouldn't it, before moving to the next room a few mins later, then the next room, then ...

MUPPETS

To be fair to Hayley Green, they all say that so it's clearly a company directive to say that and not specifically off of her own back.

Not that it justifies the statement, but they do all say it.

£600 for a ceramic radiator that costs just as much to run as a £16 halogen heater. Where's the sense?

Scoundrels!!!!!

I've got a 2400 watt oil-filled radiator from Lidl, £39-99.

That switches off but then continues to heat the room, just like their ceramic heater.

I've got a 2400 watt oil-filled radiator from Lidl, £39-99.

That switches off but then continues to heat the room, just like their ceramic heater.

Plus don't forget they're doing all this in a toastie warm studio under tons of lights, not quite the same as seeing how the heat build-up and retention would work in a cold room.

No you don't understand, the thermostat on the heaters IW sells is 'special' ... it has to be the way they sometimes go on about it. Cause, you know, thermostats are a relatively recent invention only found on expensive heaters.

They've got a blo0dy cheek selling these things at these prices, I only hope people do some proper research before buying from this shower.

The Government should close down the Met Office and just listen to Jimmy Savile.

They should spend all the money on Grit, sounds like a terrible winter :mysmilie_59:

To be fair to Hayley Green, they all say that so it's clearly a company directive to say that and not specifically off of her own back.

Not that it justifies the statement, but they do all say it.

Couldn't agree more!

Latest posts

Back