Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will be very interesting to see what price the TSV will be given Yankee prices are increasimg from 1st January. Most items are increasing, small jar price is staying the same as is the box of tealights, but most others are going up, for example large jars are going up two pounds again so will be £23.99 and it is not that long since they were £18.99!!!!!

I hope this year the January one is UK Spring 2017, i.e. In line with the schedule of the other sellers. Last year I bought two lots from Tempttation Gifts as Q took so long to stock them. Plus if you know you want all four, Q only sells three so the one you are missing may have sold out elsewhere by then. Oh the difficulties of satisfying a YC addiction!!!!

Oh, has anyone else noticed that over the last few shows the bombardment of Portrait jars has ceased?. In fact they hardly have any in stock now... and the stock is down to around 50 items!

:mysmilie_59:

I hope this year the January one is UK Spring 2017, i.e. In line with the schedule of the other sellers. Last year I bought two lots from Tempttation Gifts as Q took so long to stock them. Plus if you know you want all four, Q only sells three so the one you are missing may have sold out elsewhere by then. Oh the difficulties of satisfying a YC addiction!!!!

Oh, has anyone else noticed that over the last few shows the bombardment of Portrait jars has ceased?. In fact they hardly have any in stock now... and the stock is down to around 50 items!

and the World Journey 2 wick jars have all but disappeared as well - which suits me as I thought they had a funny scent to them

It will be very interesting to see what price the TSV will be given Yankee prices are increasimg from 1st January. Most items are increasing, small jar price is staying the same as is the box of tealights, but most others are going up, for example large jars are going up two pounds again so will be £23.99 and it is not that long since they were £18.99!!!!!
Best part of £25 for a large jar??! My jaw just dropped to the floor. Mind you, I think 2017 is going to be an expensive year for the consumer all round, really.

Best part of £25 for a large jar??! My jaw just dropped to the floor. Mind you, I think 2017 is going to be an expensive year for the consumer all round, really.

I know!!! :taphead: My jaw was on floor when I came across new price list this morning! They really will price themselves out the market! It will be interesting to see how quickly TSV prices creep up on Q now!

I know!!! :taphead: My jaw was on floor when I came across new price list this morning! They really will price themselves out the market! It will be interesting to see how quickly TSV prices creep up on Q now!
Indeed! If you were a member of the non-candle buying public there'd be very little chance of you seeing a £25 candle and thinking "ooh, I'll give that a try!"

And on the other hand, if you are a massive Yankee fan, most people's wages aren't going up like that so it's going to reduce the amount of candles you can buy if they're that price.

I only use my scenterpiece and melt cups now (which i get off eBay cheaper) as it's the most economical way for me to burn Yankee fragrance)

As for QVC, well they don't need any encouragement to put up prices do they!

I read a blog on Yankee candles, they said that the wax tartlets give off far more scent than burning the candles.

I read a blog on Yankee candles, they said that the wax tartlets give off far more scent than burning the candles.

I have to agree. I only buy tarts because I cannot get a strong throw from the jars. But I do think the tarts are not as strong as they used to be, I used to break them into thirds and use an Asda t-light and it would burn for over 4 hrs and get 2 burns out of each third, now it is half a tart and a single burn, the second burn is just about strong enough for my little downstairs bathroom.

I dread to think of the money I would spend if i did like the jars, at the moment I have two large shoe (well boot) boxes full of tarts and some more on the way which will start a third box off.

Indeed! If you were a member of the non-candle buying public there'd be very little chance of you seeing a £25 candle and thinking "ooh, I'll give that a try!"

And on the other hand, if you are a massive Yankee fan, most people's wages aren't going up like that so it's going to reduce the amount of candles you can buy if they're that price.

I only use my scenterpiece and melt cups now (which i get off eBay cheaper) as it's the most economical way for me to burn Yankee fragrance)

As for QVC, well they don't need any encouragement to put up prices do they!

Melt cups are going up £1

I used to be an avid fan of Yankee jars but then the prices went up, the quality went down and I stopped buying them. I still use the wax tarts but I buy other brands as well as Yankee ones.

I am absolutely shocked at these price increases, it's scandalous. Well that's beyond my price range now so will just have to use up what I have + try to find a good alternative. I can't justify spending that much on a candle anymore, at the end of the day you may as well just set fire to your money as that's essentially Banat you are doing buying these!

To be honest, I burn Yankee Candles every day & use a melt warmer too as they give me great pleasure. I do have a Yankee resolution though; I have boxes of tea lights, loads of votive candles so I intend to get those from the back of my candle cupboard & use them up.
I've found that Sainsburys tealights (the basic ones in a bag) burn for 6 hours if that helps anyone & I will say that a wick trimmer is a good investment as it prolongs the life of your candles.
I do buy from QVC but always keep my eye out for special offers at Yankee shops, Clintons & garden centres as they often have 25% off & sometimes 50% off so let's all keep our eyes peeled for great prices this year (& share them here of course lol )

Never a fan of the brand. But have had them bought for me and brought from the US. Same friend only buys the Cinnamon Sticks one she insists its the only one with smell now. When out shopping with her she likes to go sniff the Yankee in their store. She does know to sniff from the lid not the candle, the fantasy ones get a Yuck. They all smell so synthetic. In the stores there is always 25% certain ones which changes each month.

I remember when they first hit QVC, the guest insisting unlike other brands they put the fragrance oil all the way through the candle. Doubt that happens now.

To be honest, I burn Yankee Candles every day & use a melt warmer too as they give me great pleasure. I do have a Yankee resolution though; I have boxes of tea lights, loads of votive candles so I intend to get those from the back of my candle cupboard & use them up.
I've found that Sainsburys tealights (the basic ones in a bag) burn for 6 hours if that helps anyone & I will say that a wick trimmer is a good investment as it prolongs the life of your candles.
I do buy from QVC but always keep my eye out for special offers at Yankee shops, Clintons & garden centres as they often have 25% off & sometimes 50% off so let's all keep our eyes peeled for great prices this year (& share them here of course lol )
Me too! I generally get my plain tealights from Robert Dyas and I noticed last night they were lasting a good five hours. I blew them out before they could make it to hour six. I have loads of tealights and tarts but they are all matched to Candles so when they burn, the other stuff burns as well. As well as the names you give, I like to check out Rhys Candles and Temptation Gifts. A parcel of mine did not come on the allotted day and TG were absolutely fantastic in the way they dealt with it. (Someone rang the courier company and sorted it out whilst I was still speaking and giving all my details to their rep. So when I paused for breath she came on the line and told me what had happened and what she was trying to do. It turned up a couple of hours later. Can you imagine that with Q???)

every year yankee do thier price hikes but theres always deals to be had. luckily i live near a shop atm but that could end any time. i buy 20 votive for £20 and thats a lot of burn time from the yankee store and look out for deals. dont buy from qvc as there are too many "fillers" that i dont want or need there is always one jar in the trios i dont want.
there is a yankee shop in barry in wales that do great online sales and i stocked up really thoroughly with them to.i am a burner not a collector so they will always do badly as it will be about getting all the labels before they get discontinued or become rare and expensive that will never bother me

I wonder why Yankee are hiking the prices again because my local independent Yankee store are selling their Christmas stock at greatly reduced prices, and haven't even followed the last price hike, they're still selling at £19.99 for the large jar etc.. and they must still be making a profit.
I'll be interested to see what the TSV is, and the price, because the standard for 3 large jars on QVC is now £50 + 5.96 postage - if they are going to top that price it will have to be for USA exclusives as it's easy to find all of the UK large jars on ebay for £16.99 and free postage.

Me too!!

There are plenty of places that sell YC for lower prices. If you have a Boundary Mills near you (or near friends or relatives you can go and visit) they do a great range. I think theirs are slight seconds (gaps in the wax or the colour not consistent throughout), but I'm not saving them to look pretty on the shelf but to burn them. YC do fragrance of the month, and there are usually 2-3 fragrances which come under this heading and are therefore discounted. Other shops do the same - sometimes on the same fragrances and sometimes on different ones.

Over the Christmas period, Boots 3 for 2 deal can make YC very affordable as well - pricing fairly competitive with QVC and for fragrances of your choice.

Plus these days when fragranced candles are so popular, many other brands have stepped forward and produce beautiful scented candles as well.

YC should be careful, and not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I buy my unfragranced tealights from IKEA. I found they burned for longer than the YC ones.

My only recent fragranced tealight purchases have been from Heart & Home (Sheffield based company selling soy candles made in China) in my favourites of their seasonal fragrances - Christmas Tree and Snow Angel. I bought a lot of their candles for gifts this year... and bought a similar number for a friend to give as gifts too.

I think the quality of Yankee has really gone down and the prices are going to put a lot of new potential customers off giving them a try. I have a few large jars to burn but am wary of lighting them sometimes as they seem to smoke so much even though I use a shade and leave them to burn a while, the scents of some of them are so weak particularly the new scents.
I saw the scenterpieces reduced in a shop close to me and was tempted but then thought I would not want to keep forking out a fiver a time to scent a room even if they do melt quickly and last a while.

I found some old Yankee tea lights the other day and they have a much better throw than the newer ones, the new ones seem so weak, some are almost non existent, I think Yankee will struggle with their sales if they keep this up

Latest posts

Back