Skinsense by Abi Cleeves TSV 17/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crikey - she's on as much as Gill Gauntlet.

I will admit to trying the brand when it first launched, but I can't say that it made any difference so I definitely won't be buying the TSV.

Another product that's on a TSV 'loop' system. Its Peony again tonight, and when again is the next Kipling ?

Just checked, and the last Ultrasun was THREE days ago on the 5th July ! so 12 days later its on again ! things really are desperate.

I must admit I really like the email of these products. But have only tried the discovery kit. Have far too much face stuff to use up to buy this.

Skinsense 5 Piece All Day Anti-Ageing Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.234751

Auto-Delivery Skinsense 5 Piece All Day Anti-Ageing Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237210

QVC Price £75.00
Todays Special Value Price £42.96
P&P £5.95

It's all about targeting the signs of ageing with this five-piece kit from Skinsense that features a day and night creams as well as Restorative Eye Cream and Firming Neck and Decollete Cream, plus the arrival of the brand new Redefining Contour Concentrate. Look forward to a more luminous and youthful-feeling complexion when you up your moisturising game with this collection.

Complete your routine - this selection of creams and a serum would make the ideal final step in your cleanse, tone and moisturise routine for both day and night. When you've put in the hard work to get your skin feeling clean and refreshed, make sure you treat it to a revitalising experience afterwards with a tailored moisturising regime.

The latest technology - experience added luxury when you use the new Contour Concentrate as a serum in-between your toning and moisturising steps. You'll find this absorbs quickly due to the lightweight, milky texture and helps to deliver a concentrated dose of active firming ingredients.

Keep up the good work - choose our Auto Delivery option to receive two further deliveries of this fantastic collection at 60 day intervals. This will keep your stocks up well into the winter when your skin needs it most.

Contains:

1 x NEW Redefining Contour Concentrate (30ml) - helps to firm and smooth the feel of your skin, working to give your complexion a more youthful look
1 x Restorative Eye Cream (15ml) - helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around your delicate eye area; formulated with innovative lamellar technology
1 x Highly Active Day Cream (50ml) - helps to hydrate your skin and reduce the visible signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles; formulated with a lamellar technology and a smooth gel texture that helps to allow for easy make-up application
1 x Highly Potent Night Cream (25ml) - a fast-absorbing, lightweight and non-greasy night cream, free from emulsifiers and preservatives and formulated with sweet almond oil, hyaluronic acid and Brazilian butters
1 x Firming Neck & Décolleté Cream (100ml) - a moisturising cream that helps to retain a soft, toned and even appearance to your neck and décolleté area; infused with Juvinity skincare technology, plus allantoin, zinc and soya oil

How to apply:
Contour Concentrate

Apply this to your cleansed, dry skin using your fingers, gently massaging it in until it is completely absorbed
Follow with your day cream

Restorative Eye Cream

Apply around the entire eye area after cleansing, both morning and evening, and gently tap

Highly Active Day Cream

Massage into your skin every morning after cleansing, toning and applying eye cream

Highly Potent Night Cream

Massage gently into cleansed skin at bedtime

Firming Neck & Décolleté Cream

Massage gently into cleansed neck and décolleté area every morning and evening

Get ready for a whole day of that patronising bint! I like the design of her products, however I would have reservations about the formulations . A. Cleeve is a marketing supremo who loves nothing more than to tout overpriced products, dazzling the gullible with her pseudo-scientific claptrap. Let's see what gems she comes out with today... What's to bet you'd do just as well buying a tub of Nivea / Simple and schlap that on!?

5 minutes in and she's already trotted out 3 words / phrases she hasn't really explained how they work:

Jargon phrase 1: "Lamellar technology." Is where the the ingredients are micro-encapsulated. Similar technologies were used by L'Oréal in a mass-market cream called "Plénitude Action Liposomes" in the 80s / 90s.

Phrase 2: "Linefill." Is basically is an extract from sesame seeds, supposedly plumps out lines.

Word 3: "Hexyresorcinol." I knew I'd seen this somewhere before. It's in the Honey and Lemon Strepsils I bought when I had a sore throat. (Such a glamorous ingredient). It's used by Neutrogena in an anti-ageing cream. It's an antiseptic that supposedly has (hitherto unproven) anti-ageing effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexylresorcinol

Margaret Dabbs allegedly uses her neck cream on her upper arms.

Ooooh, she's come out with another pseudo-scientific word: "Juvinity." I don't know what the f*** this is! Bring on more pseudo-science Abi! Come on!

I just rang Liverpool and asked them to ask Abi to explain what "linefill" and "juvinity" actually are, and what independent scientific evidence there is to attest to its effectiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness! She STILL hasn't explained how "Linefill" works how exactly it works, or what research is out there. She flashed up a PowerPoint-style presentation for all of about 2 seconds (so we couldn't read through the detail). I could see that it referred to a study of "33 woman." Clearly she doesn't seem to know that the plural of "woman" is "women."

Now she's name-dropping the Press Association, suggesting that they endorse her range. In actual fact they DO NOT endorse it. One of their journalists wrote a listicle briefly mentioning lamellar technology and Skin Sense early 2017. I am actually a member of the PA and will be looking into this with a view to contacting the ASA. Cleeve is going beyond the pale here.

See what other product you can find hexylresorcinol in:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256706424

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Skin(none)Sense, the one time when Abi Cleeves doesn't really mind you not wearing SPF, if she did, she'd put it in "her" products, as newsflash! not everyone buys in to/uses her expensive Ultrasun, which goes to show you it's all about the money, not protection after all. :mysmilie_3:

Wonder which presenter is going to slip up first and mention SPF? I won't be even hopping on QVC today, can not abide the patronising of that woman.:mysmilie_17:

Margaret Dabbs allegedly uses her neck cream on her upper arms.

Ooooh, she's come out with another pseudo-scientific word: "Juvinity." I don't know what the f*** this is! Bring on more pseudo-science Abi! Come on!

'Juvinity' is produced by a company called Sederma. It has a trademark so unless the Skinsense/Judith Williams brands are from that stable she may be opening her mouth & putting both size tens inside it.

I'd rather wash my face in a muddy puddle than use anything developed or endorsed by her.

Now she's name-dropping the Press Association, suggesting that they endorse her range. In actual fact they DO NOT endorse it. One of their journalists wrote a listicle briefly mentioning lamellar technology and Skin Sense early 2017. I am actually a member of the PA and will be looking into this with a view to contacting the ASA. Cleeve is going beyond the pale here.

I contacted them in April when she claimed that Ultrasun was available on prescription & recommended by dermatologists. My comments were looked at but no action was taken.

QVC really have no shame as far as their deceit goes to sell a product, they know the majority of people either don't have the means to call them out on it or can't be arsed to call them out on it. Honestly, they'd say Jack The Rippers cape was a "Centigrade" if they thought it would help them shift a few.

QVC really have no shame as far as their deceit goes to sell a product, they know the majority of people either don't have the means to call them out on it or can't be arsed to call them out on it. Honestly, they'd say Jack The Rippers cape was a "Centigrade" if they thought it would help them shift a few.

Shopper, I do love you! :mysmilie_19:I was drinking tea when I read this & laughed so much it went up my nose & the mug fell to the floor; this scared our cat who went hurtling out through his cat door & in his haste he knocked over the basket of washing that I was going to put out after drinking my tea. Unfortunately it landed in the spilled tea, fortunately it was a dark wash so no damage done. I'll never see a cape, cloak or wrap on the Q again without imagining the foggy streets of 1880s London.

Shopper, I do love you! :mysmilie_19:I was drinking tea when I read this & laughed so much it went up my nose & the mug fell to the floor; this scared our cat who went hurtling out through his cat door & in his haste he knocked over the basket of washing that I was going to put out after drinking my tea. Unfortunately it landed in the spilled tea, fortunately it was a dark wash so no damage done. I'll never see a cape, cloak or wrap on the Q again without imagining the foggy streets of 1880s London.

Aw Twilight I love you too. :mysmilie_508:

Apologise to your kitty for me, and thank goodness it was a dark wash, I'd never have forgiven myself if it was a white wash (again, something QVC like to do often) :mysmilie_17: Jack probably got it off Fibby Flints market stall.

I wouldn't waste 5mins of my day on that overbearing woman. :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back