Thank You for your continued support

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bizarre - that's the word. To be at pains to present what is, IMO, an "I'm so successful" image and then to fire off something like this is bizarre - and certainly makes you wonder about the mindset of anyone who could do it. If a person really is "so successful" and has such a wonderful life, why would they even remotely consider doing it? The answer is, of course, that they wouldn't. Very strange - something doesn't add up, does it?
****** hell, is she some kind of psychopath? What an utterly bizarre saga. I also agree with whoever it was who said she seems fairly illiterate.
I've never been banned from anywhere or anything either, and am certainly not desperate to join her seemingly rather strange facebook groups. I use facebook a lot but astonishingly I've never once looked for her or anything to do with her on it.

Bizarre - that's the word. To be at pains to present what is, IMO, an "I'm so successful" image and then to fire off something like this is bizarre - and certainly makes you wonder about the mindset of anyone who could do it. If a person really is "so successful" and has such a wonderful life, why would they even remotely consider doing it? The answer is, of course, that they wouldn't. Very strange - something doesn't add up, does it?

I agree. It doesn't add up and smacks of insecurity! You wouldn't need to resort to those tactics if you were happy and successful.

Yes it's utterly bizarre and so badly written that I'm starting to wonder if she can really have produced it. Could someone be playing an unkind trick on her? Perhaps she could explain herself further because we are all totally mistified and quite insulted by this cloak and dagger carry on. Most extraordinary and inappropriate.

Can I just reiterate what everyone has been saying regarding this being a great forum? I only follow the QVC threads which I find to be useful, informative & funny.
If I don't like a Presenter, or more their style of selling, I don't purchase during their presentation. I don't wish to make personal comments about any of the Presenters but I do wish Debbie Flint would grow up & leave this forum in peace. I do not use Facebook, I only know about the bty page because if this forum & I have no desire to join it so I have never been banned.
I do remember Alison Young presenting a show & was promoting an item as a gift idea & the Brand Ambassador (can't remember the brand) saying in a Barrow Boy type of way 'buy 2, 1 for you, 1 for......' (obviously I paraphrase) & Alison Young cut her off & said (again I paraphrase) 'no don't say that, I hate that, that's too Del Boy/Market Stall Holder & I leave that style to other Presenters' Instantly it was my opinion she was referring to Debbie Flint.

Yes - I can vouch for that - I heard her say that, too. I'm afraid I also instantly made the leap to Debbie Flint.

Alison Young has her fans and her detractors, but she never seems to let it put a crimp in her wheel. I've often heard her make comments about staying within your budget, and shopping responsibly. Both phrases which are as rare as hen's teeth across the whole of shopping telly, not just QVC.

I was speaking to a well-connected friend at work. He said Debs is aquainted with a man named Howard Magaziner - libel lawyer and husband of one Gillian McKeith (remember her?). Magaziner was well known for issuing nasty letters to anyone writing or suspected of writing about McKeith and a handful of z-listers. His schtick is to try to go after the writer rather than the publisher, sending scary letters. He's like the Big Bad Wolf - all huff and puff. I think the Shoppingtelly is a great forum. People have helped me on here when I have asked about products etc. Most of the people on here have at least seen something of life and post knowledgeable and insightful comments. I've spent many an hour on here laughing at some of the funny things people write about. When I did my shoulder in after falling off my bike I couldn't sleep for nearly 18 months because of the pain. This site was always great to read in the small hours. As for Debs, you can get Howard to send me all the nasty letters in the world, love. I haven't got much you can take off me - apart from an Audi A1 and a small bungalow, and I'm not sure you'd want either of those. Your books are tripe! Your slimming book is a joke! You are about as slender as a butternut squash!

Sorry I haven't read all of this thread.....but I have read the first page and I'm truly shocked.I would like to state that I'm not part of Debbie's group on facebook and nor do I read or comment on the QVC facebook page.also I have never been banned from any site.im here because I want to be here and I feel welcome.I may not be here posting as much because I don't buy as much �� but I'm definitely here and dipping in and out.

I wasn't very keen on Debbie when I heard of her comeback to QVC but I have really warmed to her over the years.sure she does have a market stall style but I quite like her honesty on sizing and on herself.so why she has let herself down in this way,I'm not sure.what a shame.

Streuth who does she think she is. She,s only a salesperson. An irritating one at that and to insinuate we must have been banned from forums is rubbish. The only thing I'm guilty of is not licking her ***e on her forums.

Keep up the good work Graham. Oops and SCW

I find it funny that them see, to think on BTY etc that people "hack" qvc's website to find it numbers when in fact it's just all about typing numbers in. Take DF's latest blog for the example she has posted photos of the love rocks, emu, dab radio, No No TSV's but No item numbers yet if you click on each picture and save it , the item number is on the file name of each photo but clearly she's too thick for to realise she's doing it lol .

I would say - Please Ian keep doing what you are doing because YOU sell me more QVC things than Debbie Flint can do in a lifetime. Why? because you give me the item, the facts, the details, the numbers, the price, no hype, no hard sell, just "here it is, buy it if you want". QVC when you read this, as you probably will, take note.

CC

thats what made me quite a bit angry

Hi Ian, I am so sorry that Debbie Flint has made things personal, she should know better. However, as I am sure you realise, you have a lot of people supporting you. There are many who are grateful for the time & effort you put in so that we can make informed decisions about our QVC purchases. From the comments I was able to read on the QVC Facebook page, without the need to log in, I could tell your presence was missed & one lady even suggested QVC give you a job (until all these QVC changes came about I always thought that you did already work for them - Miss Marple I am not!!!) Anyway the point of this post is to say don't let Debbie Flints comments upset you as you have so many supporters who appreciate you.

Hi Ian, I am so sorry that Debbie Flint has made things personal, she should know better. However, as I am sure you realise, you have a lot of people supporting you. There are many who are grateful for the time & effort you put in so that we can make informed decisions about our QVC purchases. From the comments I was able to read on the QVC Facebook page, without the need to log in, I could tell your presence was missed & one lady even suggested QVC give you a job (until all these QVC changes came about I always thought that you did already work for them - Miss Marple I am not!!!) Anyway the point of this post is to say don't let Debbie Flints comments upset you as you have so many supporters who appreciate you.

why thank you Toots i honestly appricate you coming on to say that even & yep it was just the whole personal nature of it which i found more shocking than anything & that is very true i do have a lot of supporters out there even if some aint keen on me,

thats what i like to do is let people make their own mind up on things & i just give facts not made up stuff or waffle & thats the thing lots of people have said i should be or thought i was employed by them its just i get a mad satisfaction when i can manage to find something & help & advise people on all sorts of Q aspects

For goodness sake, what a thread!! Only joined this forum for some light hearted fun and to hear comments on shopping telly! Please note, to any 'Presenter' or 'Presenters' who are reading this - I have never been in any trouble, well, except at Primary School when I was a little bit naughty for pulling a boys chair away, LOL!!!

I will continue with this forum and any other social media that I want to participate in - MY DECISION!!!!!!! :mysmilie_486:

I haven't read DBF's message yet as it's too small to read on a phone. But I can only imagine the tone, knowing exactly what she is like.

I just cannot believe the immaturity involved here. I have always said she's some sort of narcissist, constantly begging for friends (aka followers) It's pretty scary really. The word 'cult' springs to mind.

In my opinion, people use this site as it's light hearted and not full of sycophants. You've seen what happens to the naughty folk even on Q Facebook page - can you imagine speaking out of turn on one of the cult sites?!!

I did have a mad moment of joining the bodyblade site when I ordered one (since returned) as I thought it was Bruce's site. I didn't last long. All that happy clappy, "you can do it" encouragement was way too much for me. Sick making.

Long live this site, the people in charge, the endless sources of info and the amazing banter :)

I have just read something from Debbie Flint on her Back to You Facebook Group (which I am now banned from) that has made me want to write this quick message.

This site started as a fan site back in 2001, how ironic that this site started because of Debbie Flint, I started the site as I was annoyed that presenters just vanished from channels without any warning or goodbye, so I started the site just after Debbie Flint vanished from Ideal World......

I remember not long after ST.com was launched, Graham proudly posted pictures of himself on ST forum tagged to an article 'the day I met QVC' Being given VIP treatment and a walkabout on the studio floor at QVC towers Battersea it seemed it was Graham they were very grateful for

Graham being the band leader so-to-speak in widening the QVC uk audience .. And I was very flattered and humbled to be recognised as St.com 500th member way back when :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_47:

#when something good is going..keep it growing

Latest posts

Back