24pc positive drive drill-all drill bit set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Idealworld's forum is always so dead...no liveliness like the QVC threads

Caught me!! :argh:

images

Hi all,

Please excuse my rushed introduction, I hope you are all well.
I used to be on here a few years just after OneTV ripped me off and YES I still haven't heard anything back from them regarding the £80 they owe me for a grill I ordered.
Anyway that's gone I know.

To get to the topic, I bought the mentioned drill bit set quite a while ago with a 'lifetime guarantee' should owt break etc etc.
Cunning me made sure I kept hold of that little important piece of paper so that when or 'if' I broke a drill bit I could get a replacement very easily with no hassle...(so they said).

Anyway second time of using one (the smallest one) it broke at the tip. So sent my handling charge off (£4.95) with broken bit to the company Zoom Media Ltd. in Skegness, Lincs. and waited for my replacement.
I waited week after week until I rang the company who was responsible..."number not recognised" was the reply. My cheque hadn't been cashed either.
After two lengthy calls to the IW CS and email (fruitless) I eventually received my replacement but it took over 6 weeks, sent in a plain brown envelope and no comp slip or company details. The postmark was Dorset though, which apparently is nowhere near Skegness.
So if you do take advantage of the 'Lifetime Guarantee' remember it could take a Lifetime to get any replacement.

Needless to say this is the final straw, (Oh I have others) and I am finished with IW.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian.....why does your experience not surprise me? ;)
Great line btw;
"So if you do take advantage of the 'Lifetime Guarantee' remember it could take a Lifetime to get any replacement."

So if you do take advantage of the 'Lifetime Guarantee' remember it could take a Lifetime to get any replacement.

Good line Ian!

I had the same problem with a lifetime guarantee from a pen company. I bought a "Milano" pen set from QVC. When the unbreakable nib snapped, I tried to send off for my replacement, along with my cheque for p+p blah blah.... Letter returned to sender by Royal Snail 4 weeks later. So, my fantastic pen is still broken. I think I shall post it back to China instead of polluting our UK landfill with this rubbish. I suspect that it hails from China and never had even the briefest encounter with Milan anyway - so it will be like going home for the sad little piece of toot!

Jackie :rolleyes:

They do the same lifetime guarantee with those sunglasses they flog. If you lose a pair they send you another pair, all you pay is the postage. How can they afford to do that? You could just say you've lost them if you're less than honest. Or you could mislay them and find them again :eek::confused:

I love drill bits....

Latest posts

Back