Taboo Health Solutions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooooo it could be vibrators and I need a new one but I hope to goodness they don't send out returned goods!:eek::D

Maybe they'll have the Babyliss Body Tone on again. Saw that demo the other day with Julian. He looked a bit nervous as the woman was going on about the 12 fingers individually kneeding his problem areas and wanting to use him as her live demo. It's hand held and rechargeable as well! :D

I've got the Athena that's on right now, although my set didn't include the gel, the instructions suggested the well known medical jelly and dental floss!

I've let my use go by the wayside due to having the unpredictable times of the month.

In our house it's known as the Chuff Twitcher.

yep - watched the intro and was not overly impressed - although when they get to the pelvic floor improver it will be interesting on how they demo it!

terrible guest doing the incontinence knicks!

Huntley:"so what are the sizes on these?"

Guest: "Hmmph well THAT's debatable!"

not exactly what the tv homeshopper wants to hear love.

And then she demonstrated with some blue water which promptly sat in a learge bead on the surface of the.. ahem... gusset and she had to rub it in with her finger! :eek:

yep - watched the intro and was not overly impressed - although when they get to the pelvic floor improver it will be interesting on how they demo it!

Errr , she put it in the crook of her arm.

Hope they never show how to cure tennis elbow then :D

Ok well fair play to Catherine not usually one of my favourite presenters, but I feel that she handled the topics very well she was very matter of fact and understanding, and top marks for admitting that she had tried the athena, I wonder how many of the other presenters would have agreed to do this show and would have handled it as well, credit where credit is due! Price was a bit steep though!
How about renaming the show to embarassing health solutions.

QUOTE]

God, yes, wasn't she?!!

Like some scary matron from a 1950's hospital drama, referring to her bedwetting geriatrics - I bet she'd rather finish them all off with ketamine than kit them all out in incontinance pants, from the sound of it.

She seemed totally repulsed by the product she was meant to be an advocat for - why have her on?

Huntley:"so what are the sizes on these?"

Guest: "Hmmph well THAT's debatable!"

not exactly what the tv homeshopper wants to hear love.

And then she demonstrated with some blue water which promptly sat in a learge bead on the surface of the.. ahem... gusset and she had to rub it in with her finger! :eek:

Bet Julia had roadtested the small

Ok well fair play to Catherine not usually one of my favourite presenters, but I feel that she handled the topics very well she was very matter of fact and understanding, and top marks for admitting that she had tried the athena, I wonder how many of the other presenters would have agreed to do this show and would have handled it as well, credit where credit is due! Price was a bit steep though!
How about renaming the show to embarassing health solutions.

Ah, on this forum again - I so wanted to get on here when the show was on but I couldn't - nevemind here now!!

You know what? I felt really awkward watching the show.

I thought about it for two minutes and I decided that (IMHO) Catherine did well to stay controlled and sympathetic but I think she over did it with the ''this is anon'', ''embarrassing'', ''don't want people to know'', when actually, its only as embarrassing as you want it to be!

Don't get me wrong, some things are embarrassing but imagine, if you didn't consider incontinence embarrassing (just one of those things) then after watching the show you'd end up paranoid!!

It felt like the awkwardness was heightened.

Anyways, fancy calling incontinence pads 'Kylie' - they must be 'wow, wow, wow!'

:p

I've got the Athena that's on right now, although my set didn't include the gel, the instructions suggested the well known medical jelly and dental floss!

I've let my use go by the wayside due to having the unpredictable times of the month.

Fabulous name for it Jan, my OH wanted to know what I was LMAO at when I told him he nearly choked on his coffee! :D;)

Very funny thread ladeez!! :D Really wish I'd seen the show, and Jan's comment literally made me LOL. :SUE: :pPC:

Ah, on this forum again - I so wanted to get on here when the show was on but I couldn't - nevemind here now!!

You know what? I felt really awkward watching the show.

I thought about it for two minutes and I decided that (IMHO) Catherine did well to stay controlled and sympathetic but I think she over did it with the ''this is anon'', ''embarrassing'', ''don't want people to know'', when actually, its only as embarrassing as you want it to be!

Don't get me wrong, some things are embarrassing but imagine, if you didn't consider incontinence embarrassing (just one of those things) then after watching the show you'd end up paranoid!!

It felt like the awkwardness was heightened.

Anyways, fancy calling incontinence pads 'Kylie' - they must be 'wow, wow, wow!'

:p

Forgot all about this show, but I have to agree with you Lola Rose, why do we have to perpetuate the idea that talking about incontinence should be embarrassing. when it effects so many women after childbirth etc

The Athena is available from http://www.stressnomore.co.uk/acatalog/AthenaPelvicMuscleTrainer.html

at £197 but £167.66 without VAT

Apparently if you can sign to say that this has been a long term problem for you, then you are eligable for VAT exemption.

I researched these products quite a bit last year and in the end went for the one boots sell, but from a medical supplier. Not a cordless variety but more like £50 and can be used as a tens machine if you need one. Like Jan I'm not very good at rembering to use, this might spurr me on again! But what I did learn straight away was that I'd been using the wrong muscles... a common problem apparently.

OK so maybe thats all to much information for some people, but its time we stopped pretending that its not an issue for women. In France they get proper physio after childbirth rather than just sweeping it under the carpet so to speak.
OK rant over.

Glad I gave you ladies a chuckle over the gizmo's name in this house.

I want to start using my Athena again but at the moment I'm in the third week of a period. Another reason my use went by the wayside is having grandson 3 days a week from 8 'til 6, I really was too lazy to get up much earlier to use it, it's only ten or fifteen minutes (so long since I used it I can't remember, LOL, evenings weren't a problem, I'd just tell husband I was off upstairs to do some twitching (he'd giggle) and watch a bit of TV.

I've just found my receipt and it cost £183.98, that's including the Hi Genie Anti Bacterial cleanser from StressNoMore.

My problems only started when the menopause started, I wouldn't need a loo for quite some time before. Now I need a loo within an hour or so so that rules out any long journeys (even if I could because of the anxiety attacks).

Well said Evangel.

Latest posts

Back