Just back from Birchwood outlet !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scampdog

Registered Shopper
I have been to Birchwood today !, hubby was off so I persuaded him to go to Ikea then dropped in to the conversation that Birchwood isnt too far so off we went ! :1:
Anyway the place was full of Tova and Oreck a pallet load of each , we finally bought some of those "spiral metal thingys" for plants in the garden which where £8.50 and some silicone baking sheets a set of three for £2.99.There were also lots of Centigrade long coats and the usual Northern nights bedding , but to be honest I didnt like the thought that they could be "used" !!.
Could not help but notice that some customers names could be seen on the boxes !!!

Tova smellies or Tova sparklies????? :1:

We haven't been for ages (it's a long hike from Southampton) but have booked some £9 Travel Lodge nights later in the year so we can get back to Warrington and Shrewsbury.

Tova smellies or Tova sparklies????? :1:

We haven't been for ages (it's a long hike from Southampton) but have booked some £9 Travel Lodge nights later in the year so we can get back to Warrington and Shrewsbury.

Tova smellies ! lots and lots of them ! didnt look at the price though ! sorry...just tried my new silicone tray (the one with holes) it is very good, in fact I am sorry I didnt get two sets (as I looked on the QVC site and the set is over £18 , not bad for £2.99.

sally, bit ot but how did you get such cheap travel lodge deals

The TravelLodge sale was for £9 per night, then £19 and then £29 (different nights and places had different prices).

For the 1st time ever I managed to book us a couple of tours of the UK all at £9 per night.....never managed to nab even ONE night before :D

We are working our way up to Scotland and back via QVC outlets!! :11:

how on earth did you get your OH to agree to that Sally? I applaud you :35:

MrMc can be very obliging........on occassion, Mrs James!! :D

And has driven me from Southampton to Shrewsbury and then on to Warrington and then back to Southampton in one day, on several occassions!! :)

He enjoys a bargain hunt and especially likes to buy me jewellery and Yankee Candles at discounted prices :1:

But he gets annoyed when I try and drag home yet MORE Lock & Lock home......:33:

Sounds like my sort of day out. I have managed to get Mr Rosey to drive me to Shrewsbury and back just to go to the outlet. He likes to get a bargain too but I am not sure about a whole qvc outlet holiday, I think that would be pushing it a bit too far.

And has driven me from Southampton to Shrewsbury and then on to Warrington and then back to Southampton in one day, on several occassions!! :) QUOTE]

Having visited the Shrewsbury outlet several times, and failing each time to find anything worth buying, I ask - WHY???!!

Visited Birchwood Saturday.

Tova Signature or Tova Nights 100 ml bottles of Eau du Parfum £5.00 per bottle.

And has driven me from Southampton to Shrewsbury and then on to Warrington and then back to Southampton in one day, on several occassions!! :) QUOTE]

Having visited the Shrewsbury outlet several times, and failing each time to find anything worth buying, I ask - WHY???!!

We've always found LOADS of bargains for us, family, friends and saved a fortune.

That's why.

:34:

Me too always found lots of bargains at Shrewsbury. My best buy was the Smashbox tsv's with the Halo in - all brand new and sealed boxes which were nearly £40 on qvc for £15!!! The halo on its own costs over £30!!!

You're talking me into having another trip to Warrington! I've only been once and had a reasonably good trip. Mum bought a Murano glass pendant for around £20. I seem to recall we got quite a few things for Christmas gifts such as Dreamkeeper scarves and bedding. I buy the large patchwork quilts and use the KS ones as throws over the dog sofa.

We've always found LOADS of bargains for us, family, friends and saved a fortune.

That's why.

:34:

Well I must have visited on bad days then, because I honestly couldn't find anything worth buying! I suppose you have to rummage through the tat to find your bargains. I don't bother going in now, and pass the outlet on the way to the multi storey!! The place looks messy and dirty.

When I was there on Friday we saw some "babylon baskets" which OH considered but an old man came up to us and said that a while ago he bought them for £2.00 each !, I cant remember the price but they did not seem that cheap !.

Well I must have visited on bad days then, because I honestly couldn't find anything worth buying! I suppose you have to rummage through the tat to find your bargains. I don't bother going in now, and pass the outlet on the way to the multi storey!! The place looks messy and dirty.

Did you mean your post to sound QUITE so condesending to us "tat-rumagers"???? :33:

Or was it accidental?

Never seen the place looking messy and dirty myself.......but it sounds like you probably have much higher standards for outlet shops than me :15:

I enjoy a good bargain hunt :D