New Tova Signature?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janm

Registered Shopper
Just browsing on QVCUS as you do (trying to decide if the Philosophy cinnamon buns kit on 4xepay is worth it and if the supernatural poreless will make me look orange) and I found that Tova has got a new "Signature Platinum"

Can't do links but a direct quote as follows:

Tova has gone back to the original creators of Signature and they have sourced the highest quality ingredients available--the finest jasmine and bergamot from Italy, French lavender from Provence, and rare East Indian sandalwood.

Signature Platinum also features a higher level of musk notes which are responsible for the long-lasting richness that originally set Tova Signature apart from other fragrances.

Tova has increased the concentration of fragrance from 28.5% to 32.5%, making Tova Signature Platinum one of the most highly concentrated eau de parfums in the world!

Who is it for: Anyone who has loved Tova Signature throughout the last 25 years.

Why is it different: At 32.5%, Tova Signature Platinum has one of the highest concentrations of fragranced oil in an eau de parfum. More fragrance means more to smell!

"You're among the first to experience what is for me a dream fulfilled. Reuniting with the original co-creators of my Tova® Signature formula and working from our original notes, we lovingly enhanced my beloved fragrance — making her more vivid, longer wearing, and absolutely crystal clear." —Tova Borgnine

Hmmmmm presumably it will be winging its way to us - I for one am tempted but then the current Signature lasts well on me.

Hmm, I seem to remember that there were lots of complaints about Signature after they changed the formulation ( but not really, they said). This would suggest that they did indeed changed it and it may well be that this is just the original coming back in a face-saving way ! I wish they would bring .calm back.

I only ever tried her 'perfumes' once & sadly for me, once was enough! Gross, smelt like something had died in the bottle!
I know it was years & years ago but can't remember exactly when, does anyone remember exactly when the original fragrance was altered, as I've no idea which version I ended up with?

Hmm, I seem to remember that there were lots of complaints about Signature after they changed the formulation ( but not really, they said). This would suggest that they did indeed changed it and it may well be that this is just the original coming back in a face-saving way ! I wish they would bring .calm back.

I agree, so many complains and demand the orginal back to the way it was. Now they are bringing it back under a different name and charging more(of course they will).

I agree, so many complains and demand the orginal back to the way it was. Now they are bringing it back under a different name and charging more(of course they will).

donna
dont really care if the charge more so long as the stuff smells nice & lasts & lasts like the original ones........

I found that Tova has got a new "Signature Platinum"

Can't do links but a direct quote as follows:

Tova has gone back to the original creators of Signature and they have sourced the highest quality ingredients available--the finest jasmine and bergamot from Italy, French lavender from Provence, and rare East Indian sandalwood.

Signature Platinum also features a higher level of musk notes which are responsible for the long-lasting richness that originally set Tova Signature apart from other fragrances.

Tova has increased the concentration of fragrance from 28.5% to 32.5%, making Tova Signature Platinum one of the most highly concentrated eau de parfums in the world!

Who is it for: Anyone who has loved Tova Signature throughout the last 25 years.

Why is it different: At 32.5%, Tova Signature Platinum has one of the highest concentrations of fragranced oil in an eau de parfum. More fragrance means more to smell!

"You're among the first to experience what is for me a dream fulfilled. Reuniting with the original co-creators of my Tova® Signature formula and working from our original notes, we lovingly enhanced my beloved fragrance — making her more vivid, longer wearing, and absolutely crystal clear." —Tova Borgnine

Hmmmmm presumably it will be winging its way to us - I for one am tempted but then the current Signature lasts well on me.[/QUOTE]

In case anyone has been following this re-creation by Tova here are some of the reviews from QVC USA.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...sc.Tova-Signature-Platinum-17oz-Eau-De-Parfum

Sorry janm your original post should have come out as a "quote" but I messed it up. x

I only ever tried her 'perfumes' once & sadly for me, once was enough! Gross, smelt like something had died in the bottle!
I know it was years & years ago but can't remember exactly when, does anyone remember exactly when the original fragrance was altered, as I've no idea which version I ended up with?

Same here, kitten. I ordered the TSV a few years ago..the one with the 3 fragrances in the "specially designed" bottles. My OH absolutely hated the scent! He had to open the car window it was so bad!! :smirk:

Same here, kitten. I ordered the TSV a few years ago..the one with the 3 fragrances in the "specially designed" bottles. My OH absolutely hated the scent! He had to open the car window it was so bad!! :smirk:

I tried those too but they soon went back. Couldn't stand any of the smells and they all left me with a headache!!

The new Ambre d ora is lovely! Wish they would hurry up and bring out bath and body in them.

Just read the reviews on theQVCUS forums and they say it is not not a 100% like the orignial but seems to acceptable to most.
I like most of the Tova fragrances and they are among a few that dont bring me out in a rash.

I tried those too but they soon went back. Couldn't stand any of the smells and they all left me with a headache!!

ERK! Really hate her perfume. My husband, who has very poor sense of smell, practically retched when I tried it.I hadn't ordered it, it was my neighbour who ordered some samplers, she loved them, perfume is such an individual thing........

Latest posts

Back