Am I the only person who doesn't "get" Kim & Co?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LuckyLady

Registered Shopper
I understand taht Kim & Co is one of QVCs' most popular clothing lines, but I just don't understand why. I like some of the prints and have a couple of her tops, but don't understand why people like to wear trousers and skirts that are made of "soft" material - I'm a more curvy lady and the one time I tried any of her trousers, they just looked cheap and unstructured.

I also can't understand just how many different versions of tops and skirts she comes up with - so many of them just look the same to me. But her shows are on every few weeks and for hours every time she is in the UK. So there must be a lot of people out there who love her stuff and buy it prolifically!

I can only assume that there is a "Kim & Co" gene which is missing from my genetic make-up.....

Kim & Co, must be the most popular clothing range on QVCUK, as I’m guessing the range has more shows, than all the other clothing ranges combined. Kim & Co isn't really for me, and I'm with you on the soft trousers, but I have to admit of all the fashion ranges on QVCUK, Kim by far is the nicest guest, I think she has a rather infectious laugh.:1:

Believe it or not Kim & Co, is also hot property on QVC Germany, so much so that Kim even has a bedding range.:44:

No LuckLady, there is an evergrowing band of forum members (AKA ladies with excellent taste!) who hate Ms Mendelson's creations. You are not alone. :D

Jasper, please tell me you are jesting re the bedclothes? :eek: The very thought of all that polyester in my bed is enough to give me insomnia.

Believe it or not Kim & Co, is also hot property on QVC Germany, so much so that Kim even has a bedding range.:44:

Jasper, please tell me you are jesting re the bedclothes? :eek: The very thought of all that polyester in my bed is enough to give me insomnia.

K&C must make those attractive valances than hang so seductively hiding all the lumps and bumps! :33::54:

I've never bought any of her clothes but looking at them I get the impression you need to be stick thin to carry them off. I would prefer it if QVC used a few models who were a little larger so that you could get a better perspective of how the clothes look, IMO the models on QVC would look fantastic dressed in a bin bag.

I think a lot of larger ladies might opt for Kim & Co because the clothing stretches a lot, and she does all the larger sizes that the high street doesn't cater for. I think the high street's got a lot better over the years, I mean there's always been Evans, but now places like New Look now have sections starting at size 16 upwards (though I'm not sure how big they go..ie, I'm not sure about 3xl). Kim, I daresay provides an invaluable service for those who don't enjoy shopping for clothes, for me I can honestly say when I was larger (size 18) clothes shopping was not an enjoyable experience, so I tended not to really bother unless I really had to. The trouble with Kim's clothes is the sweaty, spark inducing fabrics she insists on using, they might be comfortable around the waist, but they're certainly not comfortable around the armpits, and other intimate areas! There's no denying she has some lovely designs in her collection, and uses some really stunning patterns (amongst the downright hideous!). I wouldn't be interested to know what sizes are her best sellers, as I have noticed that the small sizes do seem to sell as quickly as the larger ones...that I can't account for! I think it's a shame that QVC don't team up with Evans say, and give the larger lady a choice of clothes that really are "on trend" and are made out of natural fabrics. Also agree with the poster who said they need to use some larger models alongside the stick insects they use to model the stuff!

In my experience Kim & Co sizes aren't that generous - no the tops anyway. I am a XL in all QVC clothing and a high street 18/20. I have 2 Kim & Co tops bought because I liked the pattern and had to have a 3XL for them to hang and not cling. I agree that it would be fantastic if QVC teamed up with Evans to give us more voluptuous ladies a better choce of clothing in a range of fabrics.

I think a lot of larger ladies might opt for Kim & Co because the clothing stretches a lot, and she does all the larger sizes that the high street doesn't cater for. I think the high street's got a lot better over the years, I mean there's always been Evans, but now places like New Look now have sections starting at size 16 upwards (though I'm not sure how big they go..ie, I'm not sure about 3xl). Kim, I daresay provides an invaluable service for those who don't enjoy shopping for clothes, for me I can honestly say when I was larger (size 18) clothes shopping was not an enjoyable experience, so I tended not to really bother unless I really had to. The trouble with Kim's clothes is the sweaty, spark inducing fabrics she insists on using, they might be comfortable around the waist, but they're certainly not comfortable around the armpits, and other intimate areas! There's no denying she has some lovely designs in her collection, and uses some really stunning patterns (amongst the downright hideous!). I wouldn't be interested to know what sizes are her best sellers, as I have noticed that the small sizes do seem to sell as quickly as the larger ones...that I can't account for! I think it's a shame that QVC don't team up with Evans say, and give the larger lady a choice of clothes that really are "on trend" and are made out of natural fabrics. Also agree with the poster who said they need to use some larger models alongside the stick insects they use to model the stuff!

I totally agree with you Merryone except for the comment that K&C caters for the larger sizes. I've noticed that Kim's size 3XL never seems to go larger than a 46" chest, whereas 3XL in a lot of the other clothing brands on QVC often go up to 55" or over. I think yesterday she had a new item, a fern print cardigan, and the 3XL actually went up to 50" but that must be a first. It would be great to have a plus size model in every fashion show so we could see exactly what an item looks like on a fuller figure.

I think Kim & Co taps into a lot of markets. I started using her clothes during my pregnancies, not wanting to live in joggers and thinking that I would still want to use her clothes afterwards, thereby not buying clothes that would only be used a few months. It was easy to get items that coordinate and there was always the ease of having it delivered to your door! I still have a few of her tops as they do wash well and don't need ironing - great for holidays too!

What I have often wondered is why her clothes are still as popular - I bought mine quite a few years ago and before I found sites such as this one. With the boom of the internet and the ease of getting most things delivered - M&S, Debenhams, etc I don't understand her continuous appeal, I assume she must have a massive fan base. Also, her clothes are made from what was considered quite a revolutionary fabric at the time (which is why I think it was quite expensive) however over the years microfibres have become very commonplace and therefore a lot cheaper, so I do feel she charges an awful lot for most of her clothes.

She must still have a great following though - she's on for hours when she's here ...... and dare I say that when I catch her shows sometimes I can be known for admiring one of her tops before telling myself to snap out of it and turn over quickly!

Last edited:
Well I'm a size 22 on top and the 2 tops of hers I have are 3XL as the smaller sizes are just too skimpy. So I don't think that she caters very well for larger ladies. I suppose that I can understand teh appeal of getting matching tops and skirts or trousers, but I do think that her stuff is expensive compared to say M&S.

She must have quite an imagination to keep coming up with new patterns and styles - I just can't get my head round the amount of stuff she comes up with!

her stuff has never appealed to me , but it mst sell or she still would not be on air!

I remember cringing with embarrassment at the poor plus size model for Kim & Co's last tsv. It looked as though she had been poured into it poor girl, it was so tight on her. That really should have told Kim something; but no, she carries on in her own ditzy fairy way of ooooing and aaarrrring. Her fabric is not unique. I remember seeing market stalls offering the same fabric in tops years ago !

Yes some of her styles are creative, but larger ladies like clothing to skim the body not cling and show every unsightly roll and bump, which, even her 3xl do. I am a 44" bust and even her 3xl are too tight on me, so they are a no no for me.

I too wonder who buys the trousers ?? and as for her extended selling hours, she must have a watertight agreement with qvc. Noticeably she is NOT ON QVC USA, only the Shopping Channel. Also check out e bay, the site is awash with the stuff !!!!!!

I do 'get' Kim & Co. & some of her bizarrely patterned & coloured creations do in fact appeal to me! What doesn't appeal is the absolutely, utterly, totally incomprehensible 'price point' (as QVC would call it!) attached to her clothing range! :11:

Yes some of her styles are creative, but larger ladies like clothing to skim the body not cling and show every unsightly roll and bump, which, even her 3xl do. I am a 44" bust and even her 3xl are too tight on me, so they are a no no for me.

I'm with you there brissles. Her tops are way to 'hugging' for me. With her sizes I'd need a 6XL for it to skim!!

I too wonder who buys the trousers ??

I can get away with her trousers and skirts, I have one pair of trousers in a silver grey colour which are actually quite dressy and comfortable for evening wear - though I had to shorten them - and I have one skirt too which does have a nice 'shimmy' to it.

I know a Kim & Co bedding range seems unbelievable.:30: They’re 100% polyester too, no surprise there.
Here’s one of the designs.

832458001.jpg

Thats what I think, I know she says the fabric stretches but I wouldn't think they would look good if they cling to every roll or bump.

I am amazed that anyone can wear that type of fabric, especially in the summer. Fabric like that would just be stuck to me, it makes me sweaty just thinking about it. Yuck!

I shall ask this only once.

If her clothing is soooo popular, as qvc think it is, why does most of her items end up on e bay where they cant give the stuff away, and in qvc clearance ?????

Latest posts

Back