Travel Steps AVOID

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

21st Century Corsetry is very popular!

Just to try and clear a few things up. Pressplay's founder and director is indeed John Doe - John Antony Doe to be precise. He is over 60, so when named the whole American 'John Doe' thing wasn't in existence. Of course, when he has been to the USA, they have a field day!

Pressplay Ltd provides call centre, warehousing and fulfilment services for a wide number of clients - some TV Shopping Channels, various mail order and some major names such as John Lewis, Next, Furniture Village, Boots and others.

We also have our own activities; on TV & Web we're PressplayShoppingTV, we are also on eBay as pressplay_shopping with 97.7% feedback score and on the brink of Titanium power seller status and also on Amazon. We’re doing our best to get the lowest prices on a wide range of products, and we’ve lots of customers who are happy with what we’re doing and the recession beating mentality.

Travels Steps is through a different company, Pressplay Home Shopping Ltd. They offer one week’s 4 star accommodation for up to four people as part of the £99 annual membership in various locations, such as Spain, Portugal and Tenerife. There have been loads of people who have taken up the holiday offer and been very pleased. (The holiday has been sold on its own for £199 – so Travel Steps membership represents value for money). Any member who doesn’t want to be in the club can cancel during their month’s free trial – if after being upgraded and having paid £99 membership they decide to cancel, then they can get a full refund.

Hope this info is helpful.

Travels Steps is through a different company, Pressplay Home Shopping Ltd. They offer one week’s 4 star accommodation for up to four people as part of the £99 annual membership in various locations, such as Spain, Portugal and Tenerife. There have been loads of people who have taken up the holiday offer and been very pleased. (The holiday has been sold on its own for £199 – so Travel Steps membership represents value for money). Any member who doesn’t want to be in the club can cancel during their month’s free trial – if after being upgraded and having paid £99 membership they decide to cancel, then they can get a full refund.

Hope this info is helpful.

I am not questioning your "achievements".
I think most complaints (mine included) is that this promotion is not once mentioned as being a promotion of a company called Pressplay. It is dishonest marketing (no doubt you will disagree).

When I was contacted, there was no mention of my credit card being charged UNLESS I cancelled. I was told it was an IDEAL WORLD promotion.
I was not told my credit card details would be passed to a 3rd party.

I also think you are breaking the law in passing credit card details from one company to another WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION.

Cancelling isn't as simple as you make out - I had to call on several occasions before the written confirmation i requested of my cancellation from Pressplay was received.
I also called Ideal World and told them I wanted my account cancelling as a result of this fiasco. I was assured it would be done and to this day, my account has not been cancelled.

Hi everyone. I am a new member on the forum but have been watching the forum for a long long time then I decided to register.

The travel steps thing got me on Ideal world last year and I had an awful job getting my money back. I had not sighned , answered phone calls or anything. I had made a purchase and my details were sold onto this company. Anyway I got my money back and got intouch with one of the top guys in Ideal world who assured me that all my details would be removed from their database. They have hopefully as I have never had another e.mail or anything from them.

Regards

Hazel

Latest posts

Back