June 8th Food Chopper TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
with Jilly (Man-hands) Jones.

just heard it on the morning show promo for tomorrow but I don't have any details.

Has ANYONE had any success with choppers? :30:

I always go back to chopping stuff with knives, can anybody honestly say they've used one of these miracle gadgets in place of good ol' knives on a daily basis?

And yet...I may still fall for the sales pitch...best I don't watch!

Jude xx

with Jilly (Man-hands) Jones.

just heard it on the morning show promo for tomorrow but I don't have any details.

Has ANYONE had any success with choppers? :30:

I always go back to chopping stuff with knives, can anybody honestly say they've used one of these miracle gadgets in place of good ol' knives on a daily basis?

And yet...I may still fall for the sales pitch...best I don't watch!

Jude xx

Ooooh I say, much success, but many years ago lol!!!! Oh, sorry kitchen choppers!!! I've got a magic bullet and it is really good, but it doesn't replace a good set of knives..tbh the only thing I prefer to use the bullet for when it comes to chopping or slicing is garlic and herbs, this type of machine imo is better for blending, grinding and frothing.

I don't know what type of food chopper this is going to be, but if it's anything like a "nicer dicer" I've heard they're not a lot of cop either. You have to cut the stuff down to size to get it in the machine, then it sqaushes certain things rather than chops..so you end up rescuing it with a knife anyway.

A good set of knives is what any kitchen needs!

I have a Bamix and have to say, it rocks...it is a very powerful little machine and washing it is so easy...but it is only suitable for small bits and pieces like garlic, onions etc...

I have the Marco Pierre White mini chopper that was on QVC some time ago (although I think you can get them in Argos). I dont use it if I'm chopping say one onion, but if I'm doing a bit then its a great safe little gadget and doesnt take up much room, and its easy to clean.

I have the original "V slicer" brought over 22 years ago form a market in Minehead and still use it once or twice a week but only for chopping onion's . I did dally! with the Nicer Dicer but soon gave up and returned it as the blades where VERY flimsy and broke after a couple of weeks. Now I always use a knife, Much less washing up in the long run.

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect chopper :54: Personally, I have some Sabatier knives (wedding present 1988, not given up after divorce :) )and a nice little Victorinox veg knife from Boundary Mill and they do the job really well. And the Magic Bullet for blending, which I really like so I think my money's safe again.

I buy my veg ready chopped from the frozen food cabinet at M&S but I could do justice to a chopper from time to time.

Linda:51::51::51:

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect chopper :54: Personally, I have some Sabatier knives (wedding present 1988, not given up after divorce :) )and a nice little Victorinox veg knife from Boundary Mill and they do the job really well. And the Magic Bullet for blending, which I really like so I think my money's safe again.

I had a set of Sabatiers when I got married first time around in 1987. When we divorced, I can honestly say he was lucky he took them before I could get my hands on them or he'd have been wearing them!!

I recently bought a £3 Chef's knife in Tesco out of desperation (can't face Sabatier or any similar-looking knives these days) and can honestly say it's the best £3 I've ever spent for food prep.

I have a MPW chopper, too. It's great for little things and even smoothies. Washing up's easy, too. The bowl, blade and cover just get bunged in the dishwasher.

Chopper

Anyone got any thoughts on this piece of gym equipment?? Seems it would be good for the bingo wings!!!!!:1:

Looked like flippin' hard work to me, she had to give it some welly to push it down!:13:

My money is safe !, I have fallen time and time again for these "gizmo's" not this time !, it would just end up at the back of the cupboard with all the other "must haves" :1:

Just don't get the point. When you have to peel and cut into small bits to fit in the blade space, why not just cut it with a knife?

Just don't get the point. When you have to peel and cut into small bits to fit in the blade space, why not just cut it with a knife?

Neither do I, and this is one kitchen "must have" that I can do without! It doesn't do anything I can see that wouldn't be done better, or easier with a knife. A V slicer type thing, at least will grate carrot, cabbage..and your fingers for coleslaw, and allows you to make wafer thin slices of potato...but this..you've half prepped the stuff anyway just to get it into the chopping area..might as well finish it off with the knife and save yourself a lot more washing up!

..you've half prepped the stuff anyway just to get it into the chopping area..might as well finish it off with the knife and save yourself a lot more washing up!

I agree merryone! It still might be useful for people with dexterity problems but having watched the demo, she had to whack it down with such force, I think this might prove to be just as awkward & uncomfortable to use as a knife in its own way? Whilst I can still hold a sharp knife, I'll stick with that! lol

My money is safe !, I have fallen time and time again for these "gizmo's" not this time !, it would just end up at the back of the cupboard with all the other "must haves" :1:

Couldnt agree more. All these choppers are fiddly to use, need power to force the food through the blades, and can be a menace to clean, I've tried a few and they end up at the back of the cupboard or in the bin. Buy a good cleaver and a few good kitchen knives instead.

I bought the last TSV chopper with a lever that Geoff Capes would have trouble pushing down ! Its now unavailable on qvc website, not surprised !! Totally useless for root veg like swede, turnip and parsnip which is why I wanted mine to chop veg for casseroles; and this one looks the same - only good for cutting tomatoes and apples ! Forget it is my advice.

Does the demo woman wear a wig ?????

funny on the repeat hours following the tsv there was a diy show and they were demoing a circular saw...it was really noisy and the guest suggested earplugs...
the noise the chopper made and poor jilly could not get it ti do its thing...earplugs would definatetly be needed!
i bet they hate demoing stuff like that .noticed it did not sell out....

Latest posts

Back