Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Ped egg what a waste of money!!!!

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't splash out the extra fiver to buy one with a handle!!!!! What a rubbish product! Ok, it is like a cheese grater, and it didn't hurt my feet, so that wasn't the problem, it was the fact it hardly did anything at all. Ok my feet aren't nearly as bad as the people they show in the demos but I've got a few hard callouses I wanted to remove! I scrubbed away for seemingly ages, most of the dust went on the floor and not in the catcher(which was tricky to open and the contents flew out anyway!) After two serious sessions using the ped egg and the abrasive rubber that you stick on the bottom, I can honestly say my feet don't seem any less calloused than they were to start with. I wish I'd just gone out and bought a proper metal footfile with a handle which would probably cost less than 3 than wasted 10 that I can't afford on this bit of tat!

I'm a bit embarrased to take it back to the shop, also I can't find the blinking receipt...I know some people in the reviews say it's good, but it certainly wasn't my experience...but I thought I'd just warn people, so perhaps they may try something else (cheaper) first!!!!

› See More: Ped egg what a waste of money!!!!

Beady Belle Guest

I wonder if your feet aren't bad enough for it to make a difference Merry, IYKWIM? I bought a PedEgg type thing, same design etc. for 2 from the market, and I find it really good. I walk about barefoot at home all the time, so do get hard skin on my feet, and it's the only thing that gets it off quickly without making my feet sore.

:doggie:

Post Thanks / Like

Merryone I bought my ped egg (brand new) on ebay for about 99p and it's exactly the same as yours! I thought it might have been a cheap copy and put it down to experience, but if they're the same from a reputable source, I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

The only thing I find of any real use is something like this................

http://www.nextag.co.uk/callus-shave...3--stores-html

Having seen a chiropodist use something similar to shave layers off (he said my years of use of the original Dr Scholl's have made my feet develop callouses due to the constant slip-sliding of the sole) and I left his surgery walking on air :crazy: and possibly an inch shorter:gasp:

While suffering with the burning pain of callouses when walking miles around Disney and Universal I was desperate and bought mine in the USA - guessing they had something more effective as they just seem to sell anything over the counter - and found a shaver and the replacement blades in Wal-mart. I haven't tried to find one over here 'til looking for a pic to show you now, as I bought two and what might be a lifetime's supply of blades!!!!!

It works like a potato peeler and can be lethal if not used carefully, I've cut myself many times, but that's due to lack of mobility and not being able to see what I'm doing . I use on dry feet as only then can you get slices off! (Yuk I know :sorry: ) I really can't do without it now as it's instant relief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4Gems View Post
      I wonder if your feet aren't bad enough for it to make a difference Merry, IYKWIM? I bought a PedEgg type thing, same design etc. for 2 from the market, and I find it really good. I walk about barefoot at home all the time, so do get hard skin on my feet, and it's the only thing that gets it off quickly without making my feet sore.

:doggie:
      Agree with everything Mad says. The first couple of times I used my PedEgg it got loads of dead skin off, thought I would use it again the other day and made my foot sore in one place, so obviously didn't need to use it so soon!! Hope this helps.
      Audrey XXXX

Post Thanks / Like

With you on this one Merryone, bought one tried it made no difference. Tried it again and made my feet hurt. Can only assume I don't have enough hard skin to use it.

Went back to my wooden foot file from Boots.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought my feet were pretty bad, I know for the demos they show really bad thick and cracked heels, but I certainly had..well still have...some really bad calloused areas on the soles of my feet and on the sides of my big toes. When I opened the thing, I didn't think that it looked up to much, wish I'd not even bothered trying it or at least kept hold of the receipt. I know my feet aren't as bad as the ones in the ads, but they most certainly are bad enough to need a something like this. I've tried various creams in the past but have found them messy and unpleasant to use, but I think I've had better results with them than with this overpriced piece of plastic. Just really cross with myself for wasting a tenner on it, listened to all the tv hype didn't I....and I know I could have bought a proper metal footfile in boots.....I'm a sucker!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear. Bet your feet are not as bad as you make out. Buy a microplane from QVC, yes more expensive but you will still have it years from now. And yes it really does work.
      DONNA

8. Booking.com
    Post Thanks / Like

aw I was thinking about buying one, but reading this my feet wouldnt benefit from it as I dont really have much hard skin but wanted nice soft 'summer' feet for when the sandals come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Oh dear. Bet your feet are not as bad as you make out. Buy a microplane from QVC, yes more expensive but you will still have it years from now. And yes it really does work.
    I agree Donna - I have the microplane and it is one of the best products I have ever bought from qvc. It really does work - read the reviews they are nearly all 5*. I thought it was worth paying the extra over the ped egg as I could send it back if I didn't like it.

tequila Guest

i bought mine from carboot for 2 and like mad tend to wander around with nothing on my feet i found it vey good it does tell you that it will make your feet sore if you press too hard and as for it coming out i found it does that if there is too much in the catcher so i empty it out