Ped egg what a waste of money!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't splash out the extra fiver to buy one with a handle!!!!! What a rubbish product! Ok, it is like a cheese grater, and it didn't hurt my feet, so that wasn't the problem, it was the fact it hardly did anything at all. Ok my feet aren't nearly as bad as the people they show in the demos but I've got a few hard callouses I wanted to remove! I scrubbed away for seemingly ages, most of the dust went on the floor and not in the catcher(which was tricky to open and the contents flew out anyway!) After two serious sessions using the ped egg and the abrasive rubber that you stick on the bottom, I can honestly say my feet don't seem any less calloused than they were to start with. I wish I'd just gone out and bought a proper metal footfile with a handle which would probably cost less than £3 than wasted £10 that I can't afford on this bit of tat!

I'm a bit embarrased to take it back to the shop, also I can't find the blinking receipt...I know some people in the reviews say it's good, but it certainly wasn't my experience...but I thought I'd just warn people, so perhaps they may try something else (cheaper) first!!!!

I wonder if your feet aren't bad enough for it to make a difference Merry, IYKWIM? I bought a PedEgg type thing, same design etc. for £2 from the market, and I find it really good. I walk about barefoot at home all the time, so do get hard skin on my feet, and it's the only thing that gets it off quickly without making my feet sore.

:doggie:

Merryone I bought my ped egg (brand new) on ebay for about 99p and it's exactly the same as yours! I thought it might have been a cheap copy and put it down to experience, but if they're the same from a reputable source, I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

The only thing I find of any real use is something like this................

http://www.nextag.co.uk/callus-shaver/zzukzB1z43--stores-html

Having seen a chiropodist use something similar to shave layers off (he said my years of use of the original Dr Scholl's have made my feet develop callouses due to the constant slip-sliding of the sole) and I left his surgery walking on air :crazy: and possibly an inch shorter:gasp:

While suffering with the burning pain of callouses when walking miles around Disney and Universal I was desperate and bought mine in the USA - guessing they had something more effective as they just seem to sell anything over the counter - and found a shaver and the replacement blades in Wal-mart. I haven't tried to find one over here 'til looking for a pic to show you now, as I bought two and what might be a lifetime's supply of blades!!!!!

It works like a potato peeler and can be lethal if not used carefully, I've cut myself many times, but that's due to lack of mobility and not being able to see what I'm doing :blush:. I use on dry feet as only then can you get slices off! (Yuk I know :sorry: ) I really can't do without it now as it's instant relief.

I wonder if your feet aren't bad enough for it to make a difference Merry, IYKWIM? I bought a PedEgg type thing, same design etc. for £2 from the market, and I find it really good. I walk about barefoot at home all the time, so do get hard skin on my feet, and it's the only thing that gets it off quickly without making my feet sore.

:doggie:

Agree with everything Mad says. The first couple of times I used my PedEgg it got loads of dead skin off, thought I would use it again the other day and made my foot sore in one place, so obviously didn't need to use it so soon!! Hope this helps.

With you on this one Merryone, bought one tried it made no difference. Tried it again and made my feet hurt. Can only assume I don't have enough hard skin to use it.

Went back to my wooden foot file from Boots.

I thought my feet were pretty bad, I know for the demos they show really bad thick and cracked heels, but I certainly had..well still have...some really bad calloused areas on the soles of my feet and on the sides of my big toes. When I opened the thing, I didn't think that it looked up to much, wish I'd not even bothered trying it or at least kept hold of the receipt. I know my feet aren't as bad as the ones in the ads, but they most certainly are bad enough to need a something like this. I've tried various creams in the past but have found them messy and unpleasant to use, but I think I've had better results with them than with this overpriced piece of plastic. Just really cross with myself for wasting a tenner on it, listened to all the tv hype didn't I....and I know I could have bought a proper metal footfile in boots.....I'm a sucker!!!!

Oh dear. Bet your feet are not as bad as you make out. Buy a microplane from QVC, yes more expensive but you will still have it years from now. And yes it really does work.

aw I was thinking about buying one, but reading this my feet wouldnt benefit from it as I dont really have much hard skin but wanted nice soft 'summer' feet for when the sandals come out.

Oh dear. Bet your feet are not as bad as you make out. Buy a microplane from QVC, yes more expensive but you will still have it years from now. And yes it really does work.

I agree Donna - I have the microplane and it is one of the best products I have ever bought from qvc. It really does work - read the reviews they are nearly all 5*. I thought it was worth paying the extra over the ped egg as I could send it back if I didn't like it.

i bought mine from carboot for £2 and like mad tend to wander around with nothing on my feet i found it vey good it does tell you that it will make your feet sore if you press too hard and as for it coming out i found it does that if there is too much in the catcher so i empty it out

i bought mine from carboot for £2 and like mad tend to wander around with nothing on my feet i found it vey good it does tell you that it will make your feet sore if you press too hard and as for it coming out i found it does that if there is too much in the catcher so i empty it out

I wish I'd bought mine in a carboot! I didn't find that anything went in the catcher at all, just all over the floor, and when I did open it to empty the catcher, the lid flew off and what was in the catcher went on the floor anyway!
I know some people have liked it, but tbh, it's cheap plastic carp,and not worth half the money...sorry!

I think I paid £3.99 at the market and I'm very pleased with it. I have manky feet (sorry tmi) and it certainly does the trick!

I have the Ped Egg with long handle - which I bought from Wilkinson's and I have mixed feelings - I too am a bare foot gal and used it on my heels, it did the job, but I too found that the shavings just flew out all over the place.

I found it best to apply foot cream afterwards (I used L'Occitane's) and that made my heels very smooth.

If you have hard and cracked skin on the ball of your foot I wouldn't use it there just use a foot cream.

I find the most effective solution / maintenance for one's feet - although I don't own a ped egg or similar device - is l'occitane's superb shea butter foot cream. My mum recently purchased a genuine jml ped egg with a handle from home bargains for the knock down price of £1.99! She rates it but, due to previous experience with jml products, I am loathe to patronise this brand.

Well, your callus are probably one for the books. Though I am just kidding with that statement and no harm intended.

I have tried a similar product before and it would rather hurt and require more work than advertised. You might want to try soaking your feet or whatever part on hot water with soap just to soften things up and use it after. That worked for me to say the least.

Ooo the thought makes me feel queasy Lottie
sick.gif
:giggle:

Latest posts

Back