Lulu Guinness Accessories Show Last Night!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
So surprised no-one has commented on this. I watched out of curiosity and couldn't believe some of the prices :YIKES: Look at this gimmicky little (and I mean LITTLE :rolleyes:) offering - this was £420 for a cloth bag!!
141617.jpg

I know the word designer is another word for rip-off but more feckin money than sense some people. :rolleyes::pPC:

So surprised no-one has commented on this. I watched out of curiosity and couldn't believe some of the prices :YIKES: Look at this gimmicky little (and I mean LITTLE :rolleyes:) offering - this was £420 for a cloth bag!!
141617.jpg

I know the word designer is another word for rip-off but more feckin money than sense some people. :rolleyes::pPC:

I agree with you sue and I thought this bag looked cheap and tacky.

Is this the show that sold out of everything before it finished? I turned QVC on about 10.45 and they were starting a silver show early because they had no more stuff to sell on the previous show.

:confused:I thought there was supposed to be a credit crunch.
Maybe there were only one or two of each available after all it is Designer!
Loved the way she didn't know what was on the front of one of the bags as she didn't have her glasses on.
Didn't she design it?

Loved the way she didn't know what was on the front of one of the bags as she didn't have her glasses on.
Didn't she design it?

Yes I noticed that too Annie. :rolleyes: In fact she had to question a few others too......about linings etc, as if it was the first time she'd clapped eyes on them. Probably was. :rolleyes::pPC:

Well said Sue - I couldn't agree more! I did have a look at the 5pm show just out of sheer curiosity (ok I was being nosey!) I just couldn't believe the prices!!! I'd love to know how many bags they actually had with them selling out so quickly. I saw one bag on the later show that was over £300 (something to do with department stores!) There is no way I could justify spending that on a handbag - for slightly less than that bag I had a fabulous 5 day break in Majorca - I know what I'd rather have!!!!:)

141617.jpg

I couldn't believe the price of this bag......craaaazy price for a cloth bag....and it sold out :rolleyes:

There was a thread about this yesterday, it's on Page 2, don't know how you BUMP...........

Mrs Snoop saw a small purse think it was £45 she said they must be having a laugh.

I thought all the items were hideous and too over the top price wise.

I'd much rather have my PriceDrop £10.32 bag any day.

For £400 I could get a nice piece of diamond jewellery, they are having a laugh no doubt about it.

Now I confess I like one or two designer bags and have been known to stump up for something fab BUT not for over-priced, non-leather, little girlie items... :nana:

Can't help but wonder if they're made on the same table in China as the ones I've seen for £6 in my local factory outlet shop!!! Looked very similar. I've never understood why people will pay so much just have a "name" on a product.

I was more interested in Lulu herself than her bags...her little girly ways, the fact she gave up smoking a year ago..anyway she said these were new season but tbh all her bags look the same to me, always have...they are much cheaper here in Jersey (no VAT) but still v expensive.

I like the department store bag, but unless you've loads of dosh the price is silly; I think the same about Butler & Wilson - also overpriced!

I enjoyed watching the shows. So many here go on about how samey QVC shows are, so it was nice to see something different. Not that I was thinking of buying of course! I also thought that the items were seriously overpriced, but then again, if you like them and can afford them ...!!

I thought that Lulu herself was very natural to think that this was her debut. I've read a lot about her over the years, and know that she's had some very difficult times health wise. In that context, I suppose what she was saying made sense - enjoy today, enjoy your luxuries, indulge yourself etc etc.

;)
Yes I noticed that too Annie. :rolleyes: In fact she had to question a few others too......about linings etc, as if it was the first time she'd clapped eyes on them. Probably was. :rolleyes::pPC:

Yes I noticed that, it showed a distinct lack of preparation on her part. I particulalrly noticed the lining she wasn't sure about, it was a neutral colour suede or nubuck lining, it would be filthy in no time if I had that!

I love her bags but they are well out of my reach. I must say I found Lulu Guinness to be absolutely charming and sweet, lovely woman. :)

I live for today and enjoy little luxuries but not hundreds of pounds for plastic bags. I for one am not that stupid I worked hard for my money and Ms Guiness must be laughing all the way to the bank for doing very little.

I'm just one of those people who isn't impressed by so-called designer names and price tags. I couldn't imagine paying those prices for a bag, I just wouldn't do it. I'd also be interested to know exactly how many items they had in stock in order to sell out across the range so quickly.

Can't help but wonder if they're made on the same table in China as the ones I've seen for £6 in my local factory outlet shop!!! Looked very similar. I've never understood why people will pay so much just have a "name" on a product.

I had a look round our local Saturday market and several stalls sell bags and I couldn't help but notice designs very very similar to Lulu Guiness, one of the stall holders was very nice and lifted one down for me to look at the bag was well made and stitched, even at under a tenner it wasn't my taste but I bought a leather wallet for my son which was my intended purchase.

To be honest when I heard the name Lulu Guiness, I thought our Lulu had got married LOL.

Piper

Latest posts

Back