Gem Day Preview

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shaw*gorby

Registered Shopper
Confirmation that I really do spend far too much money on jewellery at QVC:

I have had a letter this morning inviting me to a gem day preview at the studios in London on September :eek: Where I will be able to do this, that and the other - and spend loads more money, of course!

Me too! However I will be declining the invitation. It is just far too expensive for us to travel from Glasgow to London for a few hours at the Gem Preview. It would either have to be fly up and down on the day plus the cost of getting in to London or down the day before and stay overnight. Sorry but it's not worth it (I'd rather spend the money on the jewellery!). Why do these events always have to be in London - in my opinion a large percentage of their customers don't live anywhere near there - why can't they arrange these events in cities other than London - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle - or Liverpool where their warehouses are??????????

I agree. I would jump at one in Liverpool but I doubt if I'll be going to London. I'm thinking about it though!

When you decline the invitation make sure you tell them you're not going because it's too far away!

Will do! Will be interesting to see if they listen! (PS The "Tigger" on E-bay isn't me - I'm intrigued now - must go and have a look!!!!)

Confirmation that I really do spend far too much money on jewellery at QVC:

I have had a letter this morning inviting me to a gem day preview at the studios in London on September :eek: Where I will be able to do this, that and the other - and spend loads more money, of course!

Wow thats sounds great, you should definitely go...a nice day out, I wonder if you get any discounts?

I've bought a TON of silver jewellery from QVC but have never been invited to any one of their jewellery previews :(

I've bought a TON of silver jewellery from QVC but have never been invited to any one of their jewellery previews :(

Same here hun, I usually go mad on Silver Day and shop through the year as well, but I reckon I'm just too damn cool for them!:cool:
Or something...:p
Actually, in fairness a lot of my other shopping is from Clearance, I guess I'm maybe not their best type of customer. :( I'm a sucker for a bargain...:eek:

I got invited to one of those gem preview days at Harrods a year or so ago and could take a friend as well,so we made a day of it .There was a lot of jewellery on show which they hoped we were going to buy (didn't),a few tiny scones and tea or coffee,and Julia and Glenn were there plus some of the jewellery buyers who wanted our opinions on the goods.There was a raffle prize for the lucky ticket winner,a prize for the customer Glenn picked out as the best dressed---didn't win either needless to say---and when we left there was a goodie bag for everyone with a QVC teddybear,a QVC ruler,a bag of bulbs( ! ) and a piece of jewellery. Mine was a pair of gold ladybird earrings with tiny rubies,very pretty.It was quite an experience but I shan't get invited again as I seldom buy anything anymore---don't like the 9ct.gold settings which tarnish so quickly.I prefer the Ideal World jewellery which is a bit more up-market and usually has 14 or 18ct settings.

My sister and I went to last years QVC gems preview in Harrods, we also come from Scotland. We treated it as an opportunity for a short break holiday. We had a great time in London. Went to see 'Chicago' and ate out at some lovely restaurants. The Gems preview was a hoot. The gems expert (Mr Clutterbuck?) was there with Alison Keenan and Julian. Apparently Julia Roberts was there the day before...dying to know how small she is in real life but alas I'll never know! We got a free disposable camera and that was it. I suppose we also got free refreshments too but a cup of tea and a shortbread biscuit doesn't go far. I had a lovely chat with one of the models who was very discreet about what goes on behind the scenes...I told her all about Burly Bears hysterical 'Battersea Life' threads and she was dying to read them. The other guests were ranging from ordinary like me, to real QVC hard core shoppers wearing either Quacker Factory or Indigo Moon and dripping in Butler & Wilson. It was such a memorable day I am so glad I went. My sister still talks about it with such fondness...she says our walk through Hyde Park on the way to Harrods is one of the highlights of her life :eek: but then she's always been a bit odd :D

I was invited to a Diamonique Event several years ago, which was held in a hotel in London. My sister-in-law and I went. We met Julia Roberts, Kara Triton and just missed Dale, who was just leaving the event. It was OK, we came away with a goodie bag which contained Diamonique earrings and a diamonique pin (I can't remember if there was anything else!) We drank loads and ended up quite merry!:eek:

Latest posts

Back