Possible Warrington is moving soon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LorraineJ

Meow!!
Hi

Have been to Warrington this morning and did notice bigger discounts than usual on things like Art and Craft (75%), Clothing (70% though I can't remember when it wasn't 70%) and quite big discounts on other kinds of items too.

My OH noticed that QVC were selling software that had obviously been registered and sent back. He very much doubts that anyone buying it now would be able to register it to use, so QVC would get it back again and again).

I wondered whether the move to the new store is going to be soon, as they seemed to be operating on a skeleton staff and there seems to be a concerted effort to get rid of all last years Christmas stock.

I wondered whether this is an indication of the store moving to its new home very soon.

Anyway, this is what we bought:

I bought two packs of the floral kit, with the teabag folding the big print vellums etc, the kit was originally £32 and I got them both for £5.02. It was only when I got home, I realised I hads only been charged for one. They are gorgeous.

The side is slipping, I found a Kim & Co top I liked in midnight blue with a cross between a cowl and camel neck. That was about £5.

OH bought a biscult joint kit, one he had lusted after on the DIY show but could not justify.

I got two pairs of Birkis, one for me and one for Hannah, if Hannah does not like or they are too big, I shall have those too. Where else could you get a pair of Birkenstocks for £12.30 a pair?

A set of 4 correspondence stamps for £8.99.

A rear mirror (and the mirror is massive) for the car, apparently practically eliminates blind spots, that was another £9.

My one real sin was to buy a string of blue Honara pearls for £30, full price around £90. They are seriously lush!

I don't think the outlet store is due to move yet, they always clear Xmas stock at this time of year to coincide with Christmas in July on QVC!

Well done Lorraine, I would love to go to Warrington again or even Shrewsbury but I am stuck with house arrest and hard labour for 3 males. It would have been easier to get out of Colditz than our house. A big obstacle is OH working all over the place but nowhere near home and only coming home when everything is shut, I suspect this is deliberate as his mother was a shopaholic and he is seriously shopping phobic as a result.

awww bless your heart CC - I hope you break out of quarantine soon!

where is the new outlet to be then Lorraine?

From what I can gather its going to be in a ex pub behind the Birchwood centre, so its not far from where it is now. Question is, WHEN?

cc sounds nasty, like Sammi hope you make a successful bid for freedom soon. :D

I did hear they're not moving till Jan but wondered if they might consider just expanding next door into what was Peacocks (they have re-located to a new store in the shopping centre). It would double their floor space without them having to upsticks and move out completely.

Wonder if the pearl necklaces are gonna be part of that new show, what was it, "Taboo heath problems" or something....?:eek:

I did hear they're not moving till Jan but wondered if they might consider just expanding next door into what was Peacocks (they have re-located to a new store in the shopping centre). It would double their floor space without them having to upsticks and move out completely.

That would make sense wouldn't it?

the wing of the centre they are in is being demolished & rebuilt to match the rest of it, so they may come back afterwards

'An ex pub behind the Birchwood Centre'

Sounds real classy that :p

ha ha, I made it sound a little grubby didn't I. I have got some lovely things at the outlet store, but have been there when they have been selling wall to wall tat.

Latest posts

Back