birkis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the 'Basso ban' - or shouldn't I mention it? :eek:

I tried the Gizeh a few years ago (my first purchase) but I couldn't get on with them at all. The post was in the wrong place for my feet and they were so uncomfortable. Plus I have a high instep and I had them on the last hole which meant they looked weird on. Luckily because I'd only bought them the previous day the shop took them back as they were still in mint condition.

My favs are the two stap ones (Alaska?)

People won't buy from QVC until they get rid of Dennis Basso!

What's the 'Basso ban' - or shouldn't I mention it? :eek:

I tried the Gizeh a few years ago (my first purchase) but I couldn't get on with them at all. The post was in the wrong place for my feet and they were so uncomfortable. Plus I have a high instep and I had them on the last hole which meant they looked weird on. Luckily because I'd only bought them the previous day the shop took them back as they were still in mint condition.

My favs are the two stap ones (Alaska?)

Hi Kipling Kween,

The two strap ones are Arizona and Sidney. :)

Thanks - I never remember the name! Just as well I know what to look for when I go shopping, eh?!

I bought some new ones from 'Office' shoes the other week - they're a bit like the Madrids but have 2 straps - I think they may be Ibiza. I didn't really want another 'flip floppy' style, but they are such a gorgeous shade of pink that I couldn't resist. :D

I need to check on QVC and see if they've got anything left to fit me. Trouble is, I'm having terrible trouble with the internet tonight - half the evening it's been too slow to load any pages. Makes you wonder what we're paying all that money for. :(

Hey, I really like these!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&params=item^139050,navlist^139050*,cm_scid^dtlr&walk=yah.UKFA~U071&cmtags=

Trouble is, they're Papillios, and they come up too narrow for me. :(

Why doesn't the link work?

Oh well - item no. 139050, anyway.

Last edited:
I finally took the plunge last week and ordered the oto as my first pair of birkis. I have waited excitedly and finally they were delivered today. I eagerly ripped open the packaging and tried them on, only to find even on the tightest hole they are too wide and you can't add any more holes. Does anyone know if they were the narrow ones, they have nias on the box and have a removable peice of leather and were about £17 pound. I am gutted.

I finally took the plunge last week and ordered the oto as my first pair of birkis. I have waited excitedly and finally they were delivered today. I eagerly ripped open the packaging and tried them on, only to find even on the tightest hole they are too wide and you can't add any more holes. Does anyone know if they were the narrow ones, they have nias on the box and have a removable peice of leather and were about £17 pound. I am gutted.

The way to tell the width of a Birkenstock is, if the foot printed in the base is solid, it's a narrow fit. If it's outline, then it's the regular 'wide' fit.

The sad thing is, you'll have to pay to send them back and lose your original P&P too. My only pair I ordered from QVC were Florida Papillios, and they were too narrow for me (and a bit shorter than my standard ones). Rather than lose £6 to send them back, I gave them to my daughter!

Thanks for that. They are too wide for one daughter and the other wouldn't wear them. Think i'll ask my mum, but I don't think they'll be her thing as she's not into coloured shoes and these are lavender.

Oh, what a shame. I don't suppose they're a 3? I love lavender .... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they are a 6, I think I should have gone for the 5 but might try some in tk max and see what they are like.

The Cropodile is brilliant for adding extra holes in belts and shoe straps, the hole punch goes through really easily and the hole made is the same size as the original ones so you can't really tell you've added extra holes.

Sorry to hear that Susan it's a shame when you are looking forward to something and it doesn't work out. I totally agree with Cherclue the Cropadile is great for things like that. I've made holes in belts and all sorts with it so if you can get hold of one that would make the hole for you. Hope you get them sorted out.

My TSV in white came yesterday and I love them. They are the first pair of Birkenstocks I've ever tried and they are so comfortable. I am suffering at the mo with a lot of pain and problems from an arthritic condition and I hope these will help. I was naughty and ordered another pair of Sydney style ones in a different colour. So I think it's safe to say I have yet another addiction to add to my list.

Hi Lesley,

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 34 years now and have always had problems with my feet. Since buying my first pair of Birkenstocks last July I have had no foot pain whatsoever. (I sound like a T caller now)!!!! I have since bought another two pairs - I wouldn't wear anything else on my feet now. I hope you have the same outcome as me, and they ease or stop your pain.

Thanks Maz that's really great to hear. You must be so pleased that something as simple as a style of shoe can make so much difference to how you feel. I really hope I have a similar result and the best thing is I really like the sandals as well. x

Latest posts

Back