Don Kogen Live on Rocks & Co. - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't Rocks leave Tony & Tenner to gem hunting and cutting and bring Gav and Don in as the experts?? Sounds a better scenario to me :)

Meeshoo Guest

Does anybody else think Don looks like he's a slimmed down version in his photo? He looks really well.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, Meeshoo, looks to be a shadow of his former self.... and the first time I can recall seeing him in anything other than a balck shirt!

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed the times Gav came over here for Gems, but I don't think I've come across Don before and I missed him today. Was he worth watching? xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Don was quite entertaining to watch, in ye olden GTV days, Argey..... he was always dressed completely in black.... used to say it was because of " slimming effect" of black.... not entirely successful, there then!! I like a person that can make self-deprecating remarks .
    As to the goodies he brought us then...He was usually pretty good at getting my credit card in gear!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a slimmed down version of DK, his youngster must be a well grown toddler by now, probably keeping him active!

Enjoyed watching him in his Gems days, he was a salesman 'extraordinaire' and always made interesting
    viewing in his 'bargain town' mode.

PS Anybody recognise what gemstones they are examining in the photo..........answers on a postcard pleez. :wink2:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don_Kogen_And_Rudi_Wobito_Visit (3).jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	3303  
    Last edited by Sacha; 15-07-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Meeshoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
    Definitely a slimmed down version of DK, his youngster must be a well grown toddler by now, probably keeping him active!

Enjoyed watching him in his Gems days, he was a salesman 'extraordinaire' and always made interesting
    viewing in his 'bargain town' mode.

PS Anybody recognise what gemstones they are examining in the photo..........answers on a postcard pleez. :wink2:
    Postcard: Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Diaspore (Zultanite).

Goodness gracious - you can see how much weight Don has lost when you compare this photo. Well done Don!

Post Thanks / Like

Just for you Meesh.........

I'm guessing this photo was taken when they (Gems and one of the Wobito brothers) linked up to create the 'one-off' Wobito snowflake Zultanite stone that Don brought over from Thailand. Looks like they may be selecting a suitably large stone for this very special cut.

The link below is an article by Rudi Wobito on how he went to Turkey looking for suitable Zultanite rough and also filmed a
    documentary made by GemsTV. Picture of the Snowflake on page 3.

http://www.zultanitegems.com/images/article-1208.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up! I will be sure to watch another channel as I am unable to bare him for more than 30 seconds. Sorry all the DK fans but I just don't see the attraction :)

Beady Belle Guest

I met DK at Gems Towers, and he certainly does look like he's lost a lot of weight since then. Didn't see him today, but certainly heard the screeching banshee when I was at my Mum's - sorry, but her voice could shatter plate glass!