Philosophy Award Winning Set - NOT!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Birdie

Guest Shopper
In a frenzy of pre-economizing spending on Beauty Day, I ordered the Award Winning set, think it was an OTO. Had Purity, HIAJ, AG shampoo and AG body lotion in it. Wasn't going for it, but then when it aired it was on easy pay. Sucked in! :eek: Well, it was delivered today. Maybe I got a bad one, but the AG lotion had leaked out, as it's a pump and someone had not screwed the top on very tightly. I think they send them out a bit loose, but when it's not sealed it leaks. :rolleyes: QVC are arranging collection. Hope no one else has the same problem!
Secretly though, I am glad as I wasn't wild about the AG. ;)

That's a shame Birdie, although as you didn't like the Amazing Grace maybe just as well as you don't need to pay to return it.:) I've got the Amazing Grace body lotion and to me it doesn't smell of much at all really, but the copy/dupe of the scent (Divine Bliss from America) that I have in a spray cologne is lovely and one of my favs (got it in shampoo and conditioner too!).

Divine Bliss

Hi Piecan,

Can you tell me a bit more about Divine Bliss? Also could you give me a link to the site you bought it from please. Does it smell like AG, which personally I love, but just find quite expensive. I know there has also been a debate in the past about AG and staying power and the last EDP which I bought in AG definitely seemed to be a more watered down version than the previous one. So a cheaper alternative that smells similar sounds very appealing!

Many Thanks XX

I found AG in a shop when I was on holiday in the US, and tried it on my wrist. I stank of it all day! :(

Linda

Hi Piecan,

Can you tell me a bit more about Divine Bliss? Also could you give me a link to the site you bought it from please. Does it smell like AG, which personally I love, but just find quite expensive. I know there has also been a debate in the past about AG and staying power and the last EDP which I bought in AG definitely seemed to be a more watered down version than the previous one. So a cheaper alternative that smells similar sounds very appealing!

Many Thanks XX

Hi there

Divine Bliss which is the Amazing Grace copy I find has slightly more oomph, maybe a bit sweeter. I've read other girls on Pittsburgh street forum think the same and that they prefer Paulette's version. There's a thread in the Buy sell section at the moment where I've posted details of the costs of samples and full size sprays. http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492

This is the website
http://pittstsoap.tripod.com/

I'm currently layering the Philosophy body lotion with Paulette's spray. :)

Thank you

Hi Piecan

Many thanks for your post. I have had a look at the site and will definitely be placing an order in the near future. Looking at all the stuff they do, I also think it's going to be a fair bit more than just some Divine Bliss!

Thanks again XX

You're welcome, oh and welcome to the forum too! Just noticed that you're new. Have fun on here and on Paulette's site! :D

In a frenzy of pre-economizing spending on Beauty Day, I ordered the Award Winning set, think it was an OTO. Had Purity, HIAJ, AG shampoo and AG body lotion in it. Wasn't going for it, but then when it aired it was on easy pay. Sucked in! :eek: Well, it was delivered today. Maybe I got a bad one, but the AG lotion had leaked out, as it's a pump and someone had not screwed the top on very tightly. I think they send them out a bit loose, but when it's not sealed it leaks. :rolleyes: QVC are arranging collection. Hope no one else has the same problem!
Secretly though, I am glad as I wasn't wild about the AG. ;)

I got this too- my first Philosophy. Fortunately all was well sealed and I'm sorry to hear about your's Birdie.
I'm really looking forward to using it after I've used up some of my (vast) stockpile! Any recommendations for the Purity- should I take it off LE style, with a warm cloth, and do you use a toner afterwards?

I got this too- my first Philosophy. Fortunately all was well sealed and I'm sorry to hear about your's Birdie.
I'm really looking forward to using it after I've used up some of my (vast) stockpile! Any recommendations for the Purity- should I take it off LE style, with a warm cloth, and do you use a toner afterwards?

That's how I've used Purity bbelle with a LE cloth. :) Cleans very well, although I prefer the feel of the C&P. That extra large size Purity they recently did was very good value if you end up loving it.

I have just received the ~try me~kit ..not too sure on it, smells a bit soapy :(, but have already mislaid the leaflet that came with it :eek:...did it say to avoid the eye area when using the face wash ??..which means it won't be as useful as c&p

daydreamer

You can use it as an eye make up remover too. I just found it a bit drying.

Latest posts

Back