Bare Escentuals TSV Foundation Size

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rudolf

Registered Shopper
I have phoned CS and made a complaint re the broadcasts I saw on Sat that stated the foundations were full size. There was a show late in the day when AY did try to back track but I had already ordered by then. The foundations that they sell separately - and that I have bought in the past - are 9g not 2g and the website does not state that the 9g is a special size. I ordered 3 sets. One for me and two as gifts. My one will go back now - the foundation is what I wanted - and I will not pay the p and p. I am now waiting for a call back. They say the tapes must be watched first. I ordered in good faith on the basis of what was said and of what I have ordered frrom QVC in the past.

Please call and complain if you feel you were lead up the garden path.

I have phoned CS and made a complaint re the broadcasts I saw on Sat that stated the foundations were full size. There was a show late in the day when AY did try to back track but I had already ordered by then. The foundations that they sell separately - and that I have bought in the past - are 9g not 2g and the website does not state that the 9g is a special size. I ordered 3 sets. One for me and two as gifts. My one will go back now - the foundation is what I wanted - and I will not pay the p and p. I am now waiting for a call back. They say the tapes must be watched first. I ordered in good faith on the basis of what was said and of what I have ordered frrom QVC in the past.

Please call and complain if you feel you were lead up the garden path.

Snuffles, if it's the foundation you're after check out www.feelunique.com they have BE SPF 15 foundation 9g size for £20.49 inc p&p. I don't know how this price compares to other sellers, I've only ever bought the foundation from QVC in kits. However, I was after the BE faux face tan that sold out in the 8am show on QVC on Saturday and found it on this site. QVC's price was £13 plus P&P and feelunique had it for £13.60 inc p&p, so I think their prices are pretty competitive. Some other sellers I checked out were charging £21 + for the faux tan. At least it proves that the 9g foundation size is available as normal from other sources.

snuffles i noticed that. i use this foundation and know for a fact that the 2g size is a special size and not full size..
alison does know that as well but its a tsv and its sell sell sell time...at all costs.
qvc can do better with thier prices they are getting less competitive by the day if not the hour......

I noticed this too although I don't use it anymore (use halo) - I definately heard them say it was two full sized foundation and remember thinking wow thats a good price for 2 full sized foundations and several other bits.

I understand but as i put in the be post this is what they do. Full size means full retail size n supersize or salon size means a much larger one. If they did something about this then they should always do it.

Snuffles, if it's the foundation you're after check out www.feelunique.com they have BE SPF 15 foundation 9g size for £20.49 inc p&p. I don't know how this price compares to other sellers, I've only ever bought the foundation from QVC in kits. However, I was after the BE faux face tan that sold out in the 8am show on QVC on Saturday and found it on this site. QVC's price was £13 plus P&P and feelunique had it for £13.60 inc p&p, so I think their prices are pretty competitive. Some other sellers I checked out were charging £21 + for the faux tan. At least it proves that the 9g foundation size is available as normal from other sources.

Feel Unique also do the "Fair" shade of foundation, which you may want to try if you find "Fairly Light" too dark. QVC no longer acknowledge the existence of this lighter shade. :flower:

I said in another post. AY tells so many damn lies when she is selling, its really beyond a joke. She makes these grandious statements about products and QVC which are a pile of steaming do do. The Rep never has time to explain products to the buying public as AY is shouting over the top of them on which celeb uses it and other totally unless rubbish. It really is time someone took her to task, QVC just seem to let her get away with it time after time.

I agree it should be classed as false selling of products. The ASA would be so interested.

I didn't buy the TSV because of that.

9g is full size - not 2g. And I only knew that because I'd looked online. Everybody who "jumped to the phones" will have been misled.

Don't shopping channels have any watchdogs to stop them telling easily disproved bare faced lies about the products that they sell?

I think AY was referring to Debenhams.

They sell 2g pots of foundation for £17.99.

I didn't buy the TSV because of that.

9g is full size - not 2g. And I only knew that because I'd looked online. Everybody who "jumped to the phones" will have been misled.

Don't shopping channels have any watchdogs to stop them telling easily disproved bare faced lies about the products that they sell?

I totally agree with you, I did it as well, got all excvited and then checked on the website to find that it was NOT the 9 gr size. Total cheek.
Good point about the watchdog thing, feel a bit miffed and have holidays, so nothing etter to do then ring them to see what they say about that one. :call:
will let you know what they say. :tongue2:

update:
just rang them, but had Miss I do not know anything and can not hear you on the phone. She came up with so many excuses, including "I can not hear you" " there is no voice/volume control on my headset", even my husband fell over himself laughing. Have asked her to pass me on to a senior customer advisor, but they are not available and will call me back.
Will keep you informed...........:tongue2:

I was startled when AY said the TSV foundations were full size :wait2: I only watched the programme for a few minutes, she definitely did say it.

clemenzina

Yeah she did - repeatedly.

I remember thinking why are they banging on about the kits being great value because the blusher & eyeshadows are worth £41 when two full sized 9g foundations for the TSV price is a much better bargain.

Then I saw the sizes and realised why they weren't highlighting the foundations - if they had they would have had to admit that the foundations were only 2g.

I believe that this shows that they were being disingenous about the foundation sizes. Usually they tell you how much everything would be if you bought it separately, but they didn't in any showing that I watched.

BE Foundation Rip off!
I Couldnt belelieve it when I found this out from you guys.I ordered this and the Auto Delivery.Just cancelled the AD and told them why,but the chap I spoke to just said he had cancelled it for me .He must have had loads of complaints.My kit is going back when it arrives and wont be paying P and p.Very dissappointed

I bought the TSV on AD and I knew that I was getting 2 x 2g foundations.

Is is listed in the description of the item on the internet and it was also listed on air along with the contents and sizes of all the other products.

Anyway, it has just arrived - so off to have a play!

is still a good tsv, the 2gm foundations sell in selfridges for 17.99 each, so still getting good value for money, they call these full sizes in the shops the others are extra sizes,would have been a lot more money if they were the 9gm sizes. so enjoy your tsv,

shameless hi jack Ive got some for sale for only £10 inc p + p see the buy ans sell in the drop

Can I just mention that in fairness feelunique are based in the Channel Islands and from how I understand it, don't pay VAT in the way that UK retailers have to.
I don't have the full facts and keep meaning to look into it, but personally feel there is an unfairness there that they can sell on an apparent different playing field.
Good for the consumer to pay less - but not for those reasons.

Yes so report them if ever they are misleading because they can and do impose heavy penalties on their members.

Latest posts

Back