Who wanted an Emerald? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pinkpussycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oops-a-daisy! View Post
    That's such a beautiful Emerald Sue. I'm hyperventilating! Your YG ring is being well looked after btw!

I'm sure it is hon cos it went to a very good home. ;) :PPC:

Pinkpussycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mathilda View Post
    Lovely to see all the bling being shown though I have never been a fan of round cuts in coloured stones myself.
    There were some rather nice emerald cut Emeralds on TJC this morning.... all good prices too, whether for Colombian or Brazilian ...... the latter were some of the nicest Brazilian stones I've seen on telly.
    Tbh Mathilda the more I look at my emerald the more I think it's a Brazilian as the colour is so rich and darker than the usual Columbian. I did order several Columbians set into platinum when TJC had that first big splurge of them but sent them all back as none of them matched up to this one in either colour, clarity of vibrancy, in fact it's the nicest emerald I've ever seen. I really must start wearing it......... :PPC:

Meeshoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpussycat View Post
    Tbh Mathilda the more I look at my emerald the more I think it's a Brazilian as the colour is so rich and darker than the usual Columbian. I did order several Columbians set into platinum when TJC had that first big splurge of them but sent them all back as none of them matched up to this one in either colour, clarity of vibrancy, in fact it's the nicest emerald I've ever seen. I really must start wearing it......... :PPC:
    Sue I beg to differ. Yours is an excellent example of a great quality Columbian. The Zambians don't have the neon blue/green quality that yours has. The best Columbians are exactly as you've described, rich, dark, warm, blue/green and yummmmmmmmmmmmmy!

Zambians (even the best Zambians) just don't hold a candle to the superb Columbians.

p.s. I had to giggle when Ooops said about the Emerald ring in y/gold because I thought you were referring to the one you beat me to (fastest finger first) but then we did the postage shuffle and subsequently I got - do you remember!???!!!

Pinkpussycat Guest

Wink

LOL I don't remember Meesh, so bliddy much jewellery has come and gone over the years............ :YIKES: :PPC:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know your love of emeralds Meesh and you have an absolute stunner yourself. :WUB: I'm not in the market for a loose stone but did buy two Iliana Columbian beauties from TJC a couple of years ago, one in y/g which I sold on to a lovely FM because I just didn't wear it, but kept this w/g one. TJC's stones are exceptional imho.

What a beautiful ring, the colour of that emerald is stunning! I'm green with envy.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I really must start wearing it......... :PPC:
    If you don't i know someone who will lol

Meeshoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gemcherub View Post
    If you don't i know someone who will lol
    Yes, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meeshoo View Post
    Yes, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    NO meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Meeshoo Guest

My Dad's bigger than your Dad!

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson please...... Emeralds seem relatively pricey compared to other stones, are they very rare and do they tend to be treated ?