Bare Escentuals Foundation Beware!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Slave to Fashion

Registered Shopper
Just thought I would warn all with sensative skin beware!!!!!

I was tempted into buying last weeks tsv as I bought into the presenters sales pitch, that mineral make-up is kind to you skin. It was not until after item had be shipped that I discovered Bare Escentuals and most mineral make-up contain Bismuth Oxychloride a known irritant to sensative skin. i have ezcema on my face so as soon as the parcel arrived it went straight back. I went into my local town, and after having a free consultation with a Clinique beautician purchased their foundation which is fantastic and half the price of tsv.

You would think AY so called beauty expert would know this so why does not warn people with sensative skin or is she told not to????

Anything with that in makes my face itch, although I can get away with it by thoroughly coating my skin with a good primer.

I used BE for a few years before it started to irritate my skin, one thing i can say in its favour is that it cleared my spot prone skin up.
I suffered the itching as nothing else gave me the coverage i thought i needed x

bismouth its well known to irritate...i use the mineral veil and this really helps...its the heat reacting to the bismouth.
the clinic stuff is it a mineral makeup or just a normal one...

Do you find BE exaggerates open pores? I have some BE but rarely use it as I find it too shiny.... a few ladies at work use it and their pores look massive....I daren't tell them :eek:D

Yes many have complained about BE and itching. Other brands of mineral makeup do not put bismuth in their products, Christopher Drummond,Lily Lilo, Pure Minerals. But BE has the market covered and in so many stores and salons people think it must be the best.

Ive only just recently bought Christopher Drummond, ive used it soley for 2 days and im completely blown away so far, i have no itching at all and although i have coverage i look like im not wearing any make up

I'd recommend you give it a go, you can buy sample pots from Just Beauty Direct

I discovered Bare Escentuals and most mineral make-up contain Bismuth Oxychloride a known irritant to sensitive skin.

I had to stop using it because it made my skin prickle like mad - however, bismuth is not in "most" MMU, many brands do not contain it, and they do contain zinc which is very healing. I notice a significant improvement in my skin when I've been wearing MMU.

clemenzina

Why do I only discover things have nasties in them AFTER I have developed a huge stockpile :sad:

Bet

ove found that the smashbox halo makes my skin itch but that the BE doesnt......they dod say that it contains NOTHING other than minerals......thats it......nothing else AT ALL>...unlike other mineral products on the market.....its a sales pitch BUT the mineral veil helps me both under & over the foundation........hope that helps some......

donna
i wasnt meaning it was....... just that it made me itch....hope that clears that up

Just thought I would warn all with sensative skin beware!!!!!

I was tempted into buying last weeks tsv as I bought into the presenters sales pitch, that mineral make-up is kind to you skin. It was not until after item had be shipped that I discovered Bare Escentuals and most mineral make-up contain Bismuth Oxychloride a known irritant to sensative skin. i have ezcema on my face so as soon as the parcel arrived it went straight back. I went into my local town, and after having a free consultation with a Clinique beautician purchased their foundation which is fantastic and half the price of tsv.

You would think AY so called beauty expert would know this so why does not warn people with sensative skin or is she told not to????

Well would you believe it! And I thought I was reacting to the bristles on the brush..all that buffing etc.:blush: So that's why my face gets itchy & sore with BE. I've just sent for some mineral samples from the US...'Everyday Minerals'...be just my luck if they contain the nasty stuff as well. I am also using Clinique, their pressed 'Almost' make up and love it.

I thought I was reacting to the bristles on the brush

That's exactly what I thought, I was a very enthusiastic buffer. (I would add that my friends thought my skin looked fantastic, but the prickles were too high a price to pay.)

I've just sent for some mineral samples from the US...'Everyday Minerals'...be just my luck if they contain the nasty stuff as well.

You only had to look ;)

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=91

clemenzina

Thanks for that link clemenzina:hi: I did look for the ingredients myself but being half awake in the middle of the night could not find them! Looks like I'll be ok with this brand, just waiting on delivery from US:cash: not sure how long this will take...

Christopher Drummond is unique in that it also does not contain Titanium Dioxide in the foundation, radiance booster and Finishing powder. This one of the reasons it is becoming so popular in the US.

If your buffing may be irritating your skin, please change your buffing brush. I Know this is marketing but the ultimate brushes are vegan friendly and incredibly soft. They area pleasure to use.

Thanks for all your posts.

Sounds like many of you already knew about Bismuth, I did not and thought I would warn people of possible reaction if you have sensative skin like me. just to let you know I have been using new Clinque foundation now for 5 days my skin feels great now and ezcema seems to be clearing up!!!

Latest posts

Back