Primer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

felinewoman

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I know this has probably been discussed in depth before but I just wanted to pick your collective brains about primers. I have used both Laura Geller and Smashbox (the pinky one). I like SB but have had the usual problem with delivery and have resorted to the cotton bud! I also like LG but notice that she no longer sells hers in little pots but it's now available only in a pump dispenser. Has anyone had problems with the LG dispensers? I do wish they would put things in tubes or jars so you can at least get all of their lotions and potions out and not have to waste any.

Any views would be most welcome. Thanks.

:D

I also prefer to use tubes instead of the glass SB containers.
I am using for the moment
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.225438/walk.yah.UKHB-U073
which is a great primer, you need to mix the 2 products, the packaging is more practical, as it comes in a tube
My other favourite is Philosophy the Present clear make up, as I do not even need foundation or MMU, my face looks great
I also like Clarins instant smooth primer (small red tub)

There have been lots of problems with LG pumps, not sure whether it was primer, foundation or spackle. US website gives a whole demo on how to get it out - turning it upside down and banging it, storing it upside down - seemed a lot of faff, why don't they just fix the system!

Thanks for your help, girls. Re the Philosophy, I've never tried any of their products but I did read the reviews for their primers yesterday and a few people mentioned it was difficult to apply. I have used Clarins in the past (before I became addicted to QVC) and never thought of them.

Thanks again for your help.

Sue

Sue - the Smashbox primers now come in the air free pump bottles - we have the Green Adjust, the Light and the Classic in the pump bottles now. We will be getting the others shortly. This mechanism works the same as the Healthy FX and it really does work - to the last drop.
The tubes are great, but they are not easy to get hold of in the UK- we don't have the Colour primer in tubes at the moment and can't order them. Hopefully we will get the whole range in the tubes but not for the next month or so at the earliest.

Why do I always rush headlong into things???

Just bought some Clarins primer off Ebay - half the retail price inc p&p but it's only 15 mls. Great to hear that Smashbox have changed their mode of delivery - didn't realise it was all to do with air! Will certainly have a look at your website - I have bought from you before I think (I can't keep track of all my purchases which is a bit worrying).

Another question - I have been on waitlist for LG's Ethereal Rose for ages. Managed to procure one from ebay but wonder if it has been discontinued? I also like the SB blushers but find they don't last too long although maybe I use too much - I have never managed to put "less is more" into practice!

Anyway, thanks again for the help everyone, much appreciated.

:)

I also like the SB blushers but find they don't last too long although maybe I use too much - I have never managed to put "less is more" into practice!

Wow! I find mine get old before I've even made a dent in them! They seem to last for ages on me but then I'm pretty pale so a bit too much blush, makes me look like I'm having a hot flush, LOL!

Hope you like your Clarins primer when it turns up! Always exciting trying new things. You can always go back to SB at a later date if you don't like it :D

I have been on the waitlist for the LG ethereal powder for ages. I think it could come back in stock, but as a new item, and at a higher price
I prefer creamy blushes to powder ones. I really like the SB cream blush (in a stick form) that OBE/Jayne is selling on her site. They last forever and give the perfect shade.

Why do I always rush headlong into things???

Another question - I have been on waitlist for LG's Ethereal Rose for ages. Managed to procure one from ebay but wonder if it has been discontinued? I also like the SB blushers but find they don't last too long although maybe I use too much - I have never managed to put "less is more" into practice!

Anyway, thanks again for the help everyone, much appreciated.

Thanks Jane - have just checked your site and saw the new pump. Have spent too much this week but I'm sure I'll buy some before the month's out!

Latest posts

Back