Bobbi Brown shows this Friday!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Well, I've just been 'done over' by the BB people at HOF in Nottingham and very nice it was too! I expressed my frustration at the tiny range of colours available on QVC (I am an Alabaster foundation and QVC usually only go as pale as a Warm Ivory). She agreed and said that a foundation really needs to match perfectly and it would be nice if QVC could offer a wider range.
What do others think? I mean, there must be plenty of people at either end of the foundation spectrum (and some in between) who would be much better with a perfect foundation! I realise that very pale people are in a tiny minority, but surely QVC could offer just a few of those colours? As for the deeper tones, there must be loads of people who need those too!
As a side issue, is anyone out there an Alabaster too? I'm wondering whether you have found appropriate foundation tones within the QVC range?

QVC have never any of their foundation brands offered the full range of colours.
With Smashbox HD they have like 16 or something colours and QVC only ever did 4 at most. Its like Prescriptives too, they built their range on colour matching, no way buying from QVC will ever get you that.

I haven't worn BB foundation for years, I was Warm Ivory but at that time it was the lightest shade they did. In Smashbox I was told I was a 0 Fair!!!!

I really like the BB counter artists because, unlike so many other brands' employees, they do not want to 'warm you up' or 'give you a bit of colour'. They appreciate (and therefore help you to appreciate) your natural colouring. There was no mention of tawny blushers - just a delicate pale pink, and no bronzer either - just pale yellow powder! It was a joy to come out of there feeling like myself only prettier! I am a member of the Bobbi Brown Facebook group and was asked to post a pic of me after the session. While the other girls on there are supermodel types, I did feel confident enough putting my photo up there! That, in itself, was a Bobbi Brown miracle!

I have to say anytime I did have a BB makeup at the counter, it was Glasgow House of Fraser then. It was the one brand I left the counter looking like myself, better but natural.

Yes the BB yellow powder in the lightest shade was the first yellow powder I ever used.

I have to agree when you have a makeover at a bb counter you always look natural - I remember once having an estee lauder one & I looked like a clown - my hubby laughed for days !!! laugh

I love Bobbi Brown makeup dancing

xxx

On an American beauty board I remember reading someone when for a makeup at a counter. No I cannot remember which one but it was not BB I do know. Anyway she said she looked like a hooker walking through the store afterwards!!!!

I guess there will be a rush for the BB counter of HOF in Belfast on 27 August then! Unless we want to look like a circus troupe wandering around town!

You have to pre book your space at the Albert Clock these days.

Never been made up by the BB counters in Belfast. I buy little BB these days, have quite a bit from other times. The new Nudes eyeshadow palette is rather disappointing, the pigment is not good for £42. I did buy the Brights Palette earlier this year.

You have to pre book your space at the Albert Clock these days.

Never been made up by the BB counters in Belfast. I buy little BB these days, have quite a bit from other times. The new Nudes eyeshadow palette is rather disappointing, the pigment is not good for £42. I did buy the Brights Palette earlier this year.

I had the new nudes applied and did buy the palette. I find the pigment is just fine on my skin - but then again I did say I was an Alabaster!

I wear Porcelain and Extra light in Bobbi Brown but QVC never does anything pale enough for me! Even stuff called FAIR usually has a suspiciously orangey tone!

If I want to try a foundation I've seen on QVC I usually try to find out which shades were shown on QVC and find somewhere else to get the lighter shades.

Amazing Cosmetics concealer is fair enough for me, but I haven't tried their foundations.

In Prescriptives I can wear Level 1 in Traceless TM but I need Camellia B/R in the foundation.

In BE I wear Fair which QVC does not stock.

I guess we pale and interesting types are too much of a minority to bother with?? :(

Well when I worked in the passport office just up from the Albert Clock. One evening we did overtime and a member of staff walked down to get her lift home. She was told to clear off(not so polite), as this spot belonged to someone else. Poor thing nearly got beaten up, for standing in the wrong spot.

No it was not me threatening to beat her up.:muscle:

Latest posts

Back