Urgent help Colombian Emerald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is a marvellous setting GC, but as Meesho commented, I think the window would drive me nuts too, there will be for sure great emerald rings coming along. I would return it as well, especially as it was quite a lot of money and you will feel better once it is returned.

I am on the lookout too for a columbian emerald, in a similar setting, but would like in yg.

Just caught up with this thread. The window may be big, but the colour is truly amazing - looks like paraiba tourmaline. If I bought a Colombian emerald, that's the colour I'd want.

The stone is a beautiful colour, but it really is a very large window. I've found that I've nearly always regretted keeping the pieces I wasn't sure about. The only ones I've regretted sending back afterwards were the ones I returned for financial reasons. Hope that helps a little bit and you find your ideal stone soon.

That ring was a fab design Gemcherub but if you're not 110% in love with it then the money is not well spent, and to have doubts from the off is never a good sign. However, speaking for myself I will usually accept a small window in a gem rather than accept inclusions, clarity in a stone is more important to me as my pet hate is an opaque or cloudy gem, unless of course it's meant to be that way such as opal. Anyway I'm sure another Columbian will soon catch your eye as TJC seem to have a glut of them atm. Good luck with your mission. :D :pPC:

Gemcherub I love the design of your ring too, it's beautiful. However, the window would be what I saw every time I wore it and try as you may, your eyes will always be drawn to it. I'm speaking from my own experience here but with me it was a cheap everyday Sky Blue Topaz and not an expensive Colombian Emerald. It's a 2 or 3 carat solitaire which cost me peanuts but it's the most sparkly sky blue topaz I've ever seen in my life and fab for everyday wear. The problem is that every time I wear it (and funnily enough I had it on today) I see the sparkle then the window jumps out and hits me between the eyes! It would nearly have cost me more than I paid for it to send it back so I kept it but there's no way I could keep an expensive windowed ring as it would drive me bananas or should I say even more bananas!

As Meeshoo and others have said, TJC have a lot of beautiful Colombian Emeralds and you deserve the best so don't be dazzled with the beautiful colour - send it back and try again and maybe again and again, but make sure you get the nicest you can afford and one you know immediately is the one for you. I have a Colombian Emerald on my Wish List and I know when I can afford to start spending on myself again, it'll be TJC I buy from as I do believe their high end pieces are the best of the three TV Channels.

Sorry just sticking in my tuppence worth!

Latest posts

Back