What if...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you reserve something on cheque hold it registers as a "sale", therefore something can have sold out without being actually paid for due to a number of cheque holds. No shopping operation would oversell (they're not an airline) as they'd be in deep trouble.

I'm not necessarily defending QVC by the way just putting the other point of view.

I know of the letter, some on here got it. Bit like a slapped wrist for daring to return or cancel items. They must be getting tougher if they actually close your account and ban you.

Did you when changing your mind actually phone up and say please cancel? Quite a lot of people don't and I thing the Q get miffed over that bit.

When I paid by cheque(they wouldn't take Electron and still don't), I always got my stuff never had to wait for it.

If you used a different name they would know by your payment details it was you. I am sure they check incase someone is using a stolen or cloned card.

no usually the 10 or so days elapse. I guess then I will never be allowed to shop with qvc again then.

no usually the 10 or so days elapse. I guess then I will never be allowed to shop with qvc again then.

I think that's the problem-if you just let it lapse they get quite ar*ey about it eventually. I always cancel on the e-mail part of the help option in my account and always get a very friendly reponse back telling me it's done and reminding me that it's ok to cancel! So it must be the lack of contact that winds them up.

This isn't the right thread I haven't been able to find the search facility...sorry.
So anyway, 'The Letter', were qvc allowed to send these out and what was the point, i had one and a very nervous young man just asked me if there was anything they could do to help people keep the goods as opposed to sending them back. It all seemed a bit odd really, thinking back I suppose they could have been trying to put the 'frighteners' on me, it didn't work.
The f.a.r.t.s have been much more successful in cutting down my spending.:wink2:

When I paid by cheque(they wouldn't take Electron and still don't), I always got my stuff never had to wait for it.

I have same trouble paying my card is electron/visa debt but can seem to get it to go through but when contacted them they said they accept this method payment??!!!!!

I send quite a few clothing items back if they don't look right on me. Surely that's no different to catalogue shopping. Clothes items when not trying them on in a store can seem completely different size-wise, even if you are a standard S M or L size they can vary greatly.

Do QVC get annoyed over clothes items being returned has anyone found?

Do QVC get annoyed over clothes items being returned has anyone found?

I think they just count returned items in general Carolinda, without making any distinction between clothes or garden items or between 'I changed my mind' & 'it didn't fit/was faulty/was damaged', which is a bit off but pretty sure that's how it works? :down:

Hi igelkott

Sorry to hear that your account is in jeopardy.

I guess though, if you only pay for a small proportion of the items that you put on hold you're stopping others from buying them and that's not really fair. I almost never bother with going on a waitlist if something has sold out (cheque hold would register as a sale, I suppose) and to be honest I'd be a bit miffed if I was missing out on things that were put on hold and then the sale was withdrawn.

Sorry - not the response that you wanted to hear but if I was one of the suits at QVC and had targets or turnover to reacch, especially in these tricky economic times I would be looking at people who back out of cheque hold items. You can't put stuff on cheque hold in a shop, can you?

I was thinking along the same lines. You've put it well!!

qvc management permanently close your account? Can you ever order off qvc again? Igelkott

Solution! If you ask someone close to you, partner or family member who lives locally to set up an account with their card and ask them to order something and you give them the money. They may even give you their membership no and pin. The next best thing not idea but if they stop your account you may need this.

Solution! If you ask someone close to you, partner or family member who lives locally to set up an account with their card and ask them to order something and you give them the money. They may even give you their membership no and pin. The next best thing not idea but if they stop your account you may need this.

Problem is if OP starts doing the same thing. Then the new person will get into trouble. I doubt even a family member will give their debit or credit cards details out.

Question would you?

Problem is if OP starts doing the same thing. Then the new person will get into trouble. I doubt even a family member will give their debit or credit cards details out.

Question would you?
Yes i would for my partner or close family. Also if they set up a new account they may not want a qvc account personally so if they get blocked they havent lost anything. Alternatively the buying process cud be to text or ring the person to buy stuff they could order it and keep their details private. This may mean some products may sell out that you may want but second best option is all there is.

No, I would not.

Esp. if the behaviour that got the OP into trouble started again. Someone else getting the flack, I don't think so.

And...other buyers would again be affected due to the high number of cheque holds that weren't followed through (see previous posts).

Simple: Buy something or don't.

Question would you?

Speaking from experience ( and a very close family member) I would still advise very deep caution. Financial management is very hard to learn for some people, and even though I thought I taught my son well - he managed to get from one mess into another. How often do you bail someone out? Is that teaching them to be responsible? Choises have consequences, and it took my son a long time to learn that, and I really do wonder at times if he had learned that quicker if I had been a bit more "less helpful" in the beginning.

How many things do you need tyo order and not pay for before they do such a thing? QVC is a business, they want to sell, and I would have thought they view this pretty much as a last resort, or am I very wrong on that?

How many things do you need tyo order and not pay for before they do such a thing? QVC is a business, they want to sell, and I would have thought they view this pretty much as a last resort, or am I very wrong on that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think your last paragraph sums up the situation very well

No, I would not.

Esp. if the behaviour that got the OP into trouble started again. Someone else getting the flack, I don't think so.

And...other buyers would again be affected due to the high number of cheque holds that weren't followed through (see previous posts).

Simple: Buy something or don't.

My feelings exactly.

I admit I have to be one of QVC's worst customers, though I have been with them since the beginning. I have had "the letter" 3 times and 2 phone calls. On the first phone call they actually suggested that I put things on cheque hold so I didn't return so much stuff. At least then, when cancelled, they could put it back for sale rather than the outlet shops or returns to the manufacturer. So now I do put things on cheque hold first and then come back a day or two later and change payment or cancel. I have to say that I always ring them to cancel and don't just let it expire and if it is something like a TSV I try to do it the same day so it can be put back into stock for others. On the second phone call they mentioned cancelling my account and I told them if they wanted to go ahead and cancel. Immediately she spluttered and backed off, so I really think it was a bit of scare tactics. I suppose they'd rather have the business than none at all. OK, I know I'm not a shining example, but now I am a FART I am trying to be better!

Speaking from experience ( and a very close family member) I would still advise very deep caution. Financial management is very hard to learn for some people, and even though I thought I taught my son well - he managed to get from one mess into another. How often do you bail someone out? Is that teaching them to be responsible? Choises have consequences, and it took my son a long time to learn that, and I really do wonder at times if he had learned that quicker if I had been a bit more "less helpful" in the beginning.

off topic - apologies (i'll be as quick as i can!)

Star, you are a Shining Star! :clapping: i've been telling this to my husband til i'm blue in the face & ready to explode! :angry: his 25 year old son (from his 1st marriage) has been bailed out so many times by his loving dad & i just keep saying you're not doing him any favours, he's got to learn consequences...

i think my years of repeating the same thing 'might' finally have got thru tho, we found out 'son' has had one of these expensive payday type loans recently for at least £2000 (interest at an average rate of 56% APR & upwards :headbang:), hubby just said "he's big enough to look after himself, i've got enough to worry about as it is". shock, horror but a hugh sigh of relief from me!

Aww, Igelkott, I know they way they have gone about it is upsetting, but really, not having an account with QVC is not the end of the world.

I didnt know it existed until about 4 years ago but once I bought from it, I found it very addictive. Now, I find that since I started FARTING, I can actually live without being glued to it and leaping to the phone as something that I think I like/need is selling out fast so it must be good so I have better buy it just in case I want it and they are all gone and I will have missed my one and only chance and how can I possibly face the world without*whatever* it may be :sad:!!!

I still watch the beauty hours but when I do actually need to buy (when I use up my stockpile), I will look elsewhere and probably get it cheaper :happy:.

There is life after QVC!!!!

Latest posts

Back