Hello, I'm New....ish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Welcome ladies!

I suggest swapping the time you'd be spending on QVC for spending time on here, it's free and far more hilarious! We don't charge £15.95 P&P per item, there's an infinity money back guarantee and we don't all pretend to wear a size small. Far better than QVC anyday!

Tx

Welcome ladies!

I suggest swapping the time you'd be spending on QVC for spending time on here, it's free and far more hilarious! We don't charge £15.95 P&P per item, there's an infinity money back guarantee and we don't all pretend to wear a size small. Far better than QVC anyday!

Tx

OK, Who blabbed?:devil::devil::devil: I may no longer be a small however this could be a product sizing issue:tongue2: and I will admit to a neat medium:cool2:
With everso teensy feet of course:wink2:

Hello and welcome to the forum NoMoreSpendsEva, Artemis and silversequin :hi::hi::hi:

I am not a F.A.R.T but am cured after 10 years of QVC spending, I just dont watch it anymore :D

Hi everybody, welcome to the newbies. I admit I love the threads on here and have laughed out loud with some of the comments. It is great to share views on the products, presenters and general nuttiness of shopping TV. None of my friends or family get shopping TV and would be horrified if they knew how much time I spent watching beauty and jewellery shows. However, it is true you can buy these items cheaper elsewhere. It's good if we can talk each other out of unnecessary purchases. Keep up the good work folks.

hello from one newbie - ish - to another!!

I agree its better to come here than spend your money.Like rosielinks none of my friends or family "get" qvc or shopping telly in general and I literally could while away hours and hours watching it:thinking2:

i'm trying drastically to reduce what I buy - and its good to come on here when you're having a weak moment.I really really got sucked into mally the other day - and everytime i was tempted to buy,I came on here - and the truth is? I couldn't stand her on the TV so I reasoned with myself,if I was in a deptartment store and she was the saleswomen - I wouldn't give her the time of day........................so its good for the purse strings!!!

Funnily enough though,its taking me ages to get here.I've been a qvc viewer for about 10 years and an internet junkie for the same amount - it was only that I thought qvc itself should have a community,that I came across this whilst researching!

Hi Rainbowdottie, good for you trying to cut down on spending at QVC. I remember printing out my account of spending and being appalled by the amount of money I was spending on postage. The presenters say it's better than paying exorbitant parking charges - but it really isn't - you could even add in a parking fine or two. It's not as if I am housebound or unable to get into a big town. That was a real eyeopener!

Welcome!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Hi Rainbowdottie, good for you trying to cut down on spending at QVC. I remember printing out my account of spending and being appalled by the amount of money I was spending on postage. The presenters say it's better than paying exorbitant parking charges - but it really isn't - you could even add in a parking fine or two. It's not as if I am housebound or unable to get into a big town. That was a real eyeopener!

:hi:Hi Rosielinks. I too am appalled by the amount that I have spent on QVC p&p and return postage - particularly as I return by 1st class recorded or even SD if the product is over £39.00 Like you, I am not housebound or unable to get into a big town - dam* it, I live in London. I suppose that it's just down to my laziness. But, I know better now!:angel:

1lwave.gif
Warm welcome from me, too.

hello minnehaha (great name) - we have to share information about other ways to purchase items without spending a fortune on P&P. Today on this site someone told me about Coloured Rocks co uk really good prices for jewellery and if you buy pieces together only one charge. Surely QVC need to guard against this. They were once the only people in the game but now have competition and we need to be wary and savvy and share details.

hello minnehaha (great name) - we have to share information about other ways to purchase items without spending a fortune on P&P. Today on this site someone told me about Coloured Rocks co uk really good prices for jewellery and if you buy pieces together only one charge. Surely QVC need to guard against this. They were once the only people in the game but now have competition and we need to be wary and savvy and share details.

:hi Rosielinks:Glad you like the name.

One of the reasons that I like about the forum is that members are only too willing to share information based on their experience and knowledge, and to tell each other whether or not a QVC price is a good buy. I've benefited from purchasing items such as Kipling, Easi Yo yoghurts and cosmetics from sites other than QVC rather than taking the easy - and often more expensive option - of buying from QVC.

I am also most annoyed with QVC's practice, as revealed on the forum, of writing to/ or phoning customers who have returned 'too many' items. Reading of the experiences of some of the forumites has made me very reluctant to order from QVC.

No doubt I shall in the future, but only if I have previously purchased a given item, or if I have been satisfied with something else from the product range.:thinking2:

It's the Beauty shows that get me. i always think there's a magic solution and I can look better than I do - but hey, perhaps I just can't get any better?! Maybe for my age it's as good as its going to get and i should stop being suckered in!

Latest posts

Back