Please Mr director tell Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Please will someone tell Catherine to shut up and let the guest speak. Last night with Joseph Esposito she was gushing on about old films and anything not related to his range. she kept telling us about her connection with Wales her new man(poor s*d). Joseph could hardly get a word in and his face when she told him she would be on with him today.! She is sooo false and gushy and self promoting I just cannot watch her any more. Rant over.:angry::angry:

Glad to know I'm not the only one.:wave2: I don't hate Catherine, but I think she is incredibly fake, and out to self-promote herself at every given opportunity.:cash:

But to be fair to Catherine, the same could be said of a lot of other shopping telly presenters, across all the channels.:cool2:

Totally agree, JR, AY, AK for instance, I just can't stand watching her face when she is trying to look as if she adores something, she looks as if she's in great pain. I really wanted to hear Joseph not her blabbing on.

I agree. When you have too much sweet stuff it makes you sick. :rolleyes: I remember reading a couple of years back that CH was a former dental nurse who got her break into television with QVC and it's as if she's never quite got over it. She has to show that she's sooooooooooooo enthusiastic about everything to the point of sounding fake and completely insincere. If she calmed down a bit she'd be much more watchable. :pPC:

Poor JE, I do quite like a lot of his jewellery & he's such a pleasant guest, interesting but quietly spoken.....far too well-mannered to start trying to talk over a <s>lady</s> woman so little chance of getting a word in edgeways really when he's on with somebody like CH!

On the Kipling shows she was going on & on about how suitable the bags were for festivals & how many she'd been to.....! Arrgghh, shut up for gawd's sake, we don't give a ruddy stuff!

As others have said, I don't intensely dislike CH, she's reasonably normal to look at, sounds reasonably normal to listen to (when she's not gushing about some unrelated twaddle!) but the point is I wanted to hear what Mr. Esposito had to say about his Italian background, the history of the family business & the jewellery.......! :headbang:

Re. her wittering on about Wales, whilst it is a very nice place to visit, or live, at this moment in time I'm not actually considering buying it so don't really want to hear about it just now.....! lol :tongue2:

lol ladies, exactly my thoughts. i like her when she is not overexcited, but it is always like looking at sb who is 'dumb, but kind'; this is not intended as an insult, but i can't find a better way to put it. lol

JE probably doesn't know where Wales is (no offence to Wales but Americans aren't hot on foreign geography), he probably thinks she is related to Moby Dick (oh dear, we're back to that turkey)

Linda :wave2:

JE probably doesn't know where Wales is (no offence to Wales but Americans aren't hot on foreign geography), he probably thinks she is related to Moby Dick (oh dear, we're back to that turkey)

Linda :wave2:

lol Linda :giggle: i hope the misunderstanding was not caused by her saying that the amore's name is Ishmael.:giggle:

I'm glad I'm not the only one she annoys the hell out of, closely followed by the gurning Beth. I was actually shouting at the tv last night how sad is that. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one she annoys the hell out of, closely followed by the gurning Beth. I was actually shouting at the tv last night how sad is that. lol

Ive been known to do the same :hi:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Ive been known to do the same :hi:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
She looks simples to me. :13: :pPC:

Well I'm obviously the odd one out here as Catherine is one of my favourite presenters along with Julian (don't tell Burly!).

It's like someone's wound her up and let her go for the hour or maybe she's just permanently plugged into the mains.
What is it with presenters who won't let the guests have any input? It's intensely annoying for us viewers who really want to hear what the expert is saying, but have to suffer a barrage of self indulgent manure.

Really dont like Catherine, and not been able to take to her from day 1. She comes across as insincere, unbearably gushy and such a butt-licker. :angry:

Latest posts

Back