Toshiba Notebook TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got mine in John Lewis. The guarantee meant a lot to me as I have had some major issues with my 9 month old laptop recently and the company have been a nightmare to deal with, charged me for repair and have had to launch a full complaint with them, has been a nightmare, whereas JL are very good to deal with. Hopefully I won't have any problems with my Netbook but you can just never know.

I haven't managed to see a full demonstration but I thought I heard them say that it won't play CD's. If this is the case does that mean you can't install anti virus or firewall software?

Sazza, is it reasonably fast? Especially when loading internet pages?

I've got a gorgeous little Vye tablet notebook, but surfing is like wading in treacle.

Very tempted indeed...

It is certainly not like wading through treacle!!!! I don't notice any difference between it and my laptop. Also last month I was away and was using a hotels Wi-Fi and I was on top floor quite far from the router and the connection was dodgy at times but when I did have connection the netbook zipped through internet pages no bother!

I haven't managed to see a full demonstration but I thought I heard them say that it won't play CD's. If this is the case does that mean you can't install anti virus or firewall software?

There is no CD/DVD drive which is the norm with netbooks as they are so small. You can download software online so it is no problem but I would assume it will come with a trial version of McAfee which you can choose to extend or download your own preferrable one online.

It is certainly not like wading through treacle!!!! I don't notice any difference between it and my laptop. Also last month I was away and was using a hotels Wi-Fi and I was on top floor quite far from the router and the connection was dodgy at times but when I did have connection the netbook zipped through internet pages no bother!

Thank you! I've been using the tablet one at work and it's driving me mad. Especially with anything involving lots of graphics.

Very, very tempted.

They didn't mention a guarantee so I would assume it will just be the statutory 12 months from Toshiba.

Thought it must be just 1 year guarantee or else they would have been going on about it if it was any longer :rolleyes:

John Lewis is my favourite store too :)

Some great bargains in the Dell outlet at the minute

INSPIRON 1010
(System Identifier: EE9LG9ZY)

Inspiron Mini 1010 Atom Z520 (1.33GHz, 533MHz)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
System Price : £162.97

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory
1024M
Hard Disk Drive
160gb 5400 rpm HD
Certified Refurbished
NoteBook Screen
Display 10.1in Widescreen WSVGA with Truelife
System Color
LCD Back Cover Black
MISC
Keyboard Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11 b/g) Mini Card European
Battery Primary 3-cell 24W/HR
Base
Inspiron Mini 1010 Atom Z520 (1.33GHz, 533MHz)

"You'll no longer be bored on journeys as you can store all your favourite films, music, photos and more on this netbook's 160GB hard drive."

Favourites? I made an ISO copy of 3 DVD films and 6 episodes of a series and used my 60GB drive storage on my laptop! Could convert them to a lower resolution to save on space but need my main pc to do that (speed and it has a DVD drive....) then download them via the network. Guess they forget to mention how much space media actually takes up.

BTW, don't forget to buy yourselves a backup drive and image the hard drive on regular intervals.

Ordered my Toshiba netbook - looks good and the deal breaker for me was the 4 easy payments.
Royal mail delivering so should get it middle of next week if Liverpool get their fingers out.

I downloaded mine from the Web Kirkiegirl without any problems. If its one of the first things you do with a new netbook then there should be no issues.

Ordered my Toshiba netbook - looks good and the deal breaker for me was the 4 easy payments.
Royal mail delivering so should get it middle of next week if Liverpool get their fingers out.

I ordered mine around 7am yesterday simon and the ruddy thing is STILL showing as IN PROCESS over 24 hours later :fume::fume::fume:

I WANT IT NOW :rock::rock::rock:

BTW does anyone know if it sold out or how many they sold :?:

I ordered mine around 7am yesterday simon and the ruddy thing is STILL showing as IN PROCESS over 24 hours later :fume::fume::fume:

I doubt it, the Guy from Toshiba was as dull as dishwasher and I actually found it hard to hear his voice clearly. I was listening to Dale mainly and Simon later on even though Simon kept saying aaaaannnnddddd it does this aaaannnd it does that :angel:

I bought it as I was looking for a Netbook and the 30 day and 4 easy pays did it for me !

I ordered one. It seems like a good deal, and the reviews (on other sites) are very impressive.

QVC seem to be VERY slow at shipping these days, it seems to be taking at least 48 hours before they even ship an item!!!! :hump:

Mine is still showing "In Process" as well Jabba, I ordered about 9.30am and got my email confirming after 3 in the afternoon.

Didnt watch it last night but it is still available to buy on the website just now so it doesnt look like it sold out.

I noticed when I ordered it said Royal Mail Special so hope it doesnt take too long although mine is for my birthday so I will have to wait till next sunday anyway - thats if it arrives by then :LOL:

I was tempted to get one,as I am jealous of the samsung netbook my ex got in May (I am using it to post this-I hate it when he uses it!) but when I realised that it wasn't the latest model with 9 hour battery and it had very poor speakers (I listen to a lot of music tv and films on the laptop)I decided to wait for whatever great deal they bring next. I wish they would repeat the samsung-it really is a great little machine but I can't indulge without easy payments.

QVC seem to be VERY slow at shipping these days, it seems to be taking at least 48 hours before they even ship an item!!!! :hump:

Mine is still showing "In Process" as well Jabba, I ordered about 9.30am and got my email confirming after 3 in the afternoon.

Didnt watch it last night but it is still available to buy on the website just now so it doesnt look like it sold out.

I noticed when I ordered it said Royal Mail Special so hope it doesnt take too long although mine is for my birthday so I will have to wait till next sunday anyway - thats if it arrives by then :LOL:

:fume::fume: STILL in FECKING process :?: WHY:?: Its been ordered for 48 hours now :fume::fume:

Might it be like some of the other items when dispatched by the manufacturer, they let QVC know when they have all been shipped. Then they update your account. I have received items when they still showed as "in process" on my account.

:fume::fume: STILL in FECKING process :?: WHY:?: Its been ordered for 48 hours now :fume::fume:

It is ridiculous the time they are taking. I posted last week about an item my mum ordered that after a few days it was still "in process" and it was "stuck" and they had no explanation as to why!!! :rolleyes:

Mine has already been shipped. I find their delivery fine actually !!

Actually, I remember Dale saying that these were in Liverpool and so were ready to be shipped out to all the customers.

Latest posts

Back