5-7 working days for delivery eh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Well not if the item you ordered is "stuck" in the system!

My mum ordered something on Sunday afternoon and when she checked her account this morning it was still showing as "in process". Usually if there is a problem with the payment card then she would have had a call by now so she called them to ask why it had not been shipped.

They checked with the warehouse and said the order was "stuck" in the system but had no explanation as to why. When she said well that means it won't arrive in the 5-7 working days you quote, when will it arrive? She was told, anytime from now until the 21st August!!!!

Charming eh? Such wonderful service they provide eh?

Once it finally gets here I think she will be e-mailing and asking for postage refund as why should she pay the cost for the delivery and it doesn't arrive in the time they state on air?

If someone doesn't have the facility to check their account online the poor couriers would be getting the blame for the parcel not arriving in time when really it is QVC at fault!!!

Last edited:
QVC always refunded my postage when the item went over the 7 "working" day delivery. Sadly that happens all to often. Really makes me wonder how Amazon does it within 2 days?

I have to wait so long for mine that half the time I've forgotten what I'm waiting for, or what I've ordered!

Seriously though, the delivery times are obviously going to be longer than 7 working days but I do get annoyed at the "in process" thing.:sad:

I've never received anything in the oft-stated 5-7 working days, and generally found that I was waiting 10 days or more for delivery here in remotest Manchester. When you look at the extortionate costs of their p&p, and the fact that they charge it for EACH item, it is a ridiculous state of affairs, and one reason why I don't use them anymore.

QVC always refunded my postage when the item went over the 7 "working" day delivery. Sadly that happens all to often. Really makes me wonder how Amazon does it within 2 days?

The last thing I ordered from Amazon came in a couple of days even though I picked the free p & P.

If something is on its way then waiting doesn't seem as bad but it's much more annoyng when they haven't even sent the item out.

5-7 working days

Hi :hi:,
I was told by CS that the 5-7 days only starts once your order is sent out from the warehouse, so being stuck in process for any length of time does not apply to the delivery time as the 5-7 working days (not Saturday or Sunday!) doesn't actually start until the parcel is sent out.
Having said that, things usually arrive quite quickly here, or they did until this change to courier delivery happened.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

i buy hundreds of items from qvc every year and everything is processed on the same day and arrives within 2-3 working days. sometimes beauty items take up to 7. i am very happy with the service, because in my case it has been very efficient, but i also expect it to be so due to the p&p costs.

Hi :hi:,
I was told by CS that the 5-7 days only starts once your order is sent out from the warehouse, so being stuck in process for any length of time does not apply to the delivery time as the 5-7 working days (not Saturday or Sunday!) doesn't actually start until the parcel is sent out.
Having said that, things usually arrive quite quickly here, or they did until this change to courier delivery happened.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

That's not exactly what they say on air though is it??? AY is always saying "Get this home in 5 to 7 working days and try it out on your own skin" etc

She doesn't say "You'll get this home 5 - 7 working days after we can be @r$ed to send it out which may be anything up to a week on top of that"

:D

I seem to be lucky ( for once ) with the 5-7 day promise, partly due to a nice and very reliable lady courier. I have been a customer for 7 years and besides a couple of items that never arrived, everything has arrived before the 7th working day, with jewellery taking just 3-4.
Like watersiren I expect this service for the often high p&p charges and if things had been different or start to change, I would think very seriously about continuing to be a customer.

:sun:
i buy hundreds of items from qvc every year and everything is processed on the same day and arrives within 2-3 working days. sometimes beauty items take up to 7. i am very happy with the service, because in my case it has been very efficient, but i also expect it to be so due to the p&p costs.

Jeez -really?! :eek:

I pretty much expect my orders to sit "in process" for 2-5 days, and then take between 5 and 7 days to arrive after that. Nothing's ever got to me in 4 days. Ever! I'd love it if it would, because when I order stuff I get all excited waiting for it to arrive!

I'm very interested in what you said about beauty taking longer. I wonder why that is? :confused2: Most of what I order is probably from the Beauty Department. (On one of our accounts at least!) :blush::grin:

:sun:

Jeez -really?! :eek:

I pretty much expect my orders to sit "in process" for 2-5 days, and then take between 5 and 7 days to arrive after that. Nothing's ever got to me in 4 days. Ever! I'd love it if it would, because when I order stuff I get all excited waiting for it to arrive!

I'm very interested in what you said about beauty taking longer. I wonder why that is? :confused2: Most of what I order is probably from the Beauty Department. (On one of our accounts at least!) :blush::grin:[/QUOTE

possibly the way they are stocked, but really have no idea Love A'kin, apart from the fact that this pattern is pretty consistent.

I only ever ordered beauty/skincare items, but, after a year or so of poor delivery times, on top of the astronomical p&p, I looked elsewhere, and now buy all my beauty supplies from Jayne at JBD, Beauty Expert, SalonSkincare, Bath and Unwind, and Look Fantastic. All of these places offer realistic p&p, don't charge it for EVERY item purchased, (ridiculous), and have free p&p for purchases over a certain price. I invariably receive my goods within a couple of days and can't fault the customer service, which is uniformly excellent, especially at JBD. For everything else, I shop with Amazon, and get free p&p for ordering things over a fiver, and receive my goods a few days later.
It seems that, for some reason, QVC is slow to deliver to some areas, and reasonably efficient in its timings to others. Bizarre.

Well watersiren I think they ought to have yours and my address labels on speed dial so we can get despatched quicker!

There ought to be some benefit to being a "Frequent Flyer" huh? ;) :D

I'll be very interested to see how long my Leg Magic from yesterday takes to get here, since it's one of the few non beauty items I've bought lately. Fingers crossed! :D

Well I think they ought to have yours and my address labels on speed dial so we can get despatched quicker!

There ought to be some benefit to being a "Frequent Flyer" huh? ;) :D

I'll be very interested to see how long my Leg Magic from yesterday takes to get here, since it's one of the few non beauty items I've bought lately. Fingers crossed! :D

lol Love A'kin!!:grin: so true!! xxxxx

I am SO relating to this!
Ordered a Stone Mountain bag on Saturday, it is still 'in process', whatever process is required to sit on a shelf. Also a Kipling bag ordered on Sunday or Monday, forget which, has just been shipped.

I have never shopped online with any other company that does not despatch its in stock goods the next day!

I am wondering if they have cut down on their dispatch/warehouse staff to cut costs, as well as increase p&p prices.

In future shall buy from other sources whenever possible.

if i had the experience some of you have had with qvc, i would never buy from them again, even if they were the only stockist. i wouldn't give them my money to receive hassle and upset. there are so many retailers out there... people may not be aware of them, but if they just put a question to the forum it is quaranteed that some peep will come up with the answers. xxx

I just had a look at my last-but-one order from QVC and it was ordered on the 24th of July. Despatched on the 29th and I got it last Friday the 7th August! :eek: It's only 10 working days but it felt like an AGE!

Especially when contrasted with something similar I bought on eBay on the 24th which arrived on the 25th! (I was well chuffed!) :clapping:

Last edited:
Well my SBC TSV arrived this morning and I only recieved the despatch email this morning too. It was delivered by the parcelnet man in a car and he wanted a signature for it too.

Only jewellery comes quickly, I find. Everything else - especially beauty - takes about a week. The only retailer who did worse used to be La Redoute, but I notice they're sharpened up considerably and often get goods to me within two days.

Mind you, I ordered earrings from another place via shop.com, and only when I looked up the retailer did I realise they were a few miles down the road from me. The goods were dispatched last Wednesday, first class, but only arrived today. A whole week to get ten miles and that's FIRST! Apparently. (Maybe they only dispatched them Monday, when I emailed to enquire?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back