5-7 working days for delivery eh?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 5-7 working days for delivery eh?

Well not if the item you ordered is "stuck" in the system!

My mum ordered something on Sunday afternoon and when she checked her account this morning it was still showing as "in process". Usually if there is a problem with the payment card then she would have had a call by now so she called them to ask why it had not been shipped.

They checked with the warehouse and said the order was "stuck" in the system but had no explanation as to why. When she said well that means it won't arrive in the 5-7 working days you quote, when will it arrive? She was told, anytime from now until the 21st August!!!!

Charming eh? Such wonderful service they provide eh?

Once it finally gets here I think she will be e-mailing and asking for postage refund as why should she pay the cost for the delivery and it doesn't arrive in the time they state on air?

If someone doesn't have the facility to check their account online the poor couriers would be getting the blame for the parcel not arriving in time when really it is QVC at fault!!!
    Last edited by Sazza; 12-08-2009 at 10:51 AM.

star234 Guest

QVC always refunded my postage when the item went over the 7 "working" day delivery. Sadly that happens all to often. Really makes me wonder how Amazon does it within 2 days?

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Big complaint of mine, I have had things go to 5 days before being sent out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wait so long for mine that half the time I've forgotten what I'm waiting for, or what I've ordered!

Seriously though, the delivery times are obviously going to be longer than 7 working days but I do get annoyed at the "in process" thing.

iclaudipuss Guest

I've never received anything in the oft-stated 5-7 working days, and generally found that I was waiting 10 days or more for delivery here in remotest Manchester. When you look at the extortionate costs of their p&p, and the fact that they charge it for EACH item, it is a ridiculous state of affairs, and one reason why I don't use them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by star234 View Post
    QVC always refunded my postage when the item went over the 7 "working" day delivery. Sadly that happens all to often. Really makes me wonder how Amazon does it within 2 days?
    The last thing I ordered from Amazon came in a couple of days even though I picked the free p & P.

If something is on its way then waiting doesn't seem as bad but it's much more annoyng when they haven't even sent the item out.

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down 5-7 working days

Hi ,
    I was told by CS that the 5-7 days only starts once your order is sent out from the warehouse, so being stuck in process for any length of time does not apply to the delivery time as the 5-7 working days (not Saturday or Sunday!) doesn't actually start until the parcel is sent out.
    Having said that, things usually arrive quite quickly here, or they did until this change to courier delivery happened.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

watersiren Guest

i buy hundreds of items from qvc every year and everything is processed on the same day and arrives within 2-3 working days. sometimes beauty items take up to 7. i am very happy with the service, because in my case it has been very efficient, but i also expect it to be so due to the p&p costs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plint View Post
    Hi ,
    I was told by CS that the 5-7 days only starts once your order is sent out from the warehouse, so being stuck in process for any length of time does not apply to the delivery time as the 5-7 working days (not Saturday or Sunday!) doesn't actually start until the parcel is sent out.
    Having said that, things usually arrive quite quickly here, or they did until this change to courier delivery happened.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:
    That's not exactly what they say on air though is it??? AY is always saying "Get this home in 5 to 7 working days and try it out on your own skin" etc

She doesn't say "You'll get this home 5 - 7 working days after we can be @r$ed to send it out which may be anything up to a week on top of that"

:D

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be lucky ( for once ) with the 5-7 day promise, partly due to a nice and very reliable lady courier. I have been a customer for 7 years and besides a couple of items that never arrived, everything has arrived before the 7th working day, with jewellery taking just 3-4.
    Like watersiren I expect this service for the often high p&p charges and if things had been different or start to change, I would think very seriously about continuing to be a customer.