5-7 working days for delivery eh? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watersiren View Post
    i buy hundreds of items from qvc every year and everything is processed on the same day and arrives within 2-3 working days. sometimes beauty items take up to 7. i am very happy with the service, because in my case it has been very efficient, but i also expect it to be so due to the p&p costs.
    Jeez -really?! :eek:

I pretty much expect my orders to sit "in process" for 2-5 days, and then take between 5 and 7 days to arrive after that. Nothing's ever got to me in 4 days. Ever! I'd love it if it would, because when I order stuff I get all excited waiting for it to arrive!

I'm very interested in what you said about beauty taking longer. I wonder why that is? :confused2: Most of what I order is probably from the Beauty Department. (On one of our accounts at least!)

watersiren Guest

[QUOTE=Love A'kin;255205]

Jeez -really?! :eek:

I pretty much expect my orders to sit "in process" for 2-5 days, and then take between 5 and 7 days to arrive after that. Nothing's ever got to me in 4 days. Ever! I'd love it if it would, because when I order stuff I get all excited waiting for it to arrive!

I'm very interested in what you said about beauty taking longer. I wonder why that is? :confused2: Most of what I order is probably from the Beauty Department. (On one of our accounts at least!) [/QUOTE

possibly the way they are stocked, but really have no idea Love A'kin, apart from the fact that this pattern is pretty consistent.

iclaudipuss Guest

I only ever ordered beauty/skincare items, but, after a year or so of poor delivery times, on top of the astronomical p&p, I looked elsewhere, and now buy all my beauty supplies from Jayne at JBD, Beauty Expert, SalonSkincare, Bath and Unwind, and Look Fantastic. All of these places offer realistic p&p, don't charge it for EVERY item purchased, (ridiculous), and have free p&p for purchases over a certain price. I invariably receive my goods within a couple of days and can't fault the customer service, which is uniformly excellent, especially at JBD. For everything else, I shop with Amazon, and get free p&p for ordering things over a fiver, and receive my goods a few days later.
    It seems that, for some reason, QVC is slow to deliver to some areas, and reasonably efficient in its timings to others. Bizarre.

Post Thanks / Like

Well watersiren I think they ought to have yours and my address labels on speed dial so we can get despatched quicker!

There ought to be some benefit to being a "Frequent Flyer" huh? ;) :D

I'll be very interested to see how long my Leg Magic from yesterday takes to get here, since it's one of the few non beauty items I've bought lately. Fingers crossed! :D

watersiren Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Love A'kin View Post
    Well I think they ought to have yours and my address labels on speed dial so we can get despatched quicker!

There ought to be some benefit to being a "Frequent Flyer" huh? ;) :D

I'll be very interested to see how long my Leg Magic from yesterday takes to get here, since it's one of the few non beauty items I've bought lately. Fingers crossed! :D

lol Love A'kin!! so true!! xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5-7 working days for delivery eh?

I am SO relating to this!
    Ordered a Stone Mountain bag on Saturday, it is still 'in process', whatever process is required to sit on a shelf. Also a Kipling bag ordered on Sunday or Monday, forget which, has just been shipped.

I have never shopped online with any other company that does not despatch its in stock goods the next day!

I am wondering if they have cut down on their dispatch/warehouse staff to cut costs, as well as increase p&p prices.

In future shall buy from other sources whenever possible.

watersiren Guest

if i had the experience some of you have had with qvc, i would never buy from them again, even if they were the only stockist. i wouldn't give them my money to receive hassle and upset. there are so many retailers out there... people may not be aware of them, but if they just put a question to the forum it is quaranteed that some peep will come up with the answers. xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a look at my last-but-one order from QVC and it was ordered on the 24th of July. Despatched on the 29th and I got it last Friday the 7th August! :eek: It's only 10 working days but it felt like an AGE!

Especially when contrasted with something similar I bought on eBay on the 24th which arrived on the 25th! (I was well chuffed!)
    Last edited by Love A'kin; 12-08-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my SBC TSV arrived this morning and I only recieved the despatch email this morning too. It was delivered by the parcelnet man in a car and he wanted a signature for it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Only jewellery comes quickly, I find. Everything else - especially beauty - takes about a week. The only retailer who did worse used to be La Redoute, but I notice they're sharpened up considerably and often get goods to me within two days.

Mind you, I ordered earrings from another place via shop.com, and only when I looked up the retailer did I realise they were a few miles down the road from me. The goods were dispatched last Wednesday, first class, but only arrived today. A whole week to get ten miles and that's FIRST! Apparently. (Maybe they only dispatched them Monday, when I emailed to enquire?)
    Last edited by AllThatGlitters; 12-08-2009 at 07:12 PM.