newbie with qvc comments

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I normally love qvc - I do buy a fair bit or used to...

What is up with todays fashion day? Why have they got all the worst brands on? (why is now never a summer fashion day!?)

What is up with the tsv today - its horrible - why do qvc have to do everything in animal print?!

Why is ever winter tsv a dennis basso,indigo moon ,centigrade or beth terrell coat - do we need a new coat every 6 weeks?!

I too have been warned about sending too much back....

I work and enjoy qvc for certain items plus a bit of relaxing or doing my ironing - but it all seems a bit "wrong" at the moment!

Anyone else fel this way?

(great forum though:clapping:)

Hi, Rainbowdottie

Welcome to the threads. I do agree with what you're saying. In fact, none of the QVC event days - be it fashion, jewellery beauty, whatever - seems to be up to much anymore.

I also posted in the thread about the TSV that I think the overall standard of the fashion has declined. There's almost never anything I'm tempted by anymore and on the odd occasion there is (there was a lovely George Simonton blouse on the 1am show. Not the top that Julia was wearing, but a white blouse with rose detail), but I know that at the prices they're asking I can do better on the highstreet or elsewhere on the internet.

Welcome rainbowdottie:hi:

I agree with you about QVC's questionable fashion at the moment. It all seems to be the same old same old.

Fashion Day was hyped up to be something really spectacular and yet its the same polyester rubbish we always get.

QVC have lost all their imagination and when they do introduce new brands they aren't very inspiring:dull: and are too expensive.

Hi Rainbowdottie & a big welcome from me too!
The 'fashion' on QVC is deplorable, most of it is market stall quality tat at top end of the price range, 'designer' high street prices, ridiculous!
Tbh, if I do see something I like on QVC, fashion wise (though this is rare!), I trundle off & buy it from a well-known auction site for about a third of the price or something! lol
How they can sell anything at those insanely inflated prices is totally beyond me, I'm sure half these 'designers' in the States are viewed as no such thing, probably supply WalMart or something if truth be known.......! lol

Ooh I'm not watching today hon! The chances are I'd get sucked into buying something really ugly and then be forced to go and repeatedly bang my head against the nearest wall slowly but firmly when it arrived! :D

I always wonder who's buying all the coats though as well. The Autumn Pre season shows were all coats coats coats!

Something is a little off at QVC towers though. Some of the recent TSVs have been dreadful - PedPro and the hair removal sandpaper to name just two.

Even from established brand the TSV's don't seem to have been such good value. LG last night for example or Butler and Wilson a few weeks ago.

And the repetition does my head in. same old brands, same old stuff - over and over and over again. :sad:

Welcome rainbowdottie, totally agree with you regarding the fashion. Also sick of the exorbitant P&P rates they expect us to pay to effectively try it on, then they have the cheek to 'quibble' if we return more than they want us to.

I have been a FART as havemanyof us on here for some time. Have a look through this thread http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13614 when you get a minute. We are so fed up with the current standard/prices on QVC that a there has been a rebellion!

Bet :flower:

Hello and welcome Rainbowdottie and Silversequin !.
Speaking for my self regarding QVC fashion I would rather go to Primark and buy "shedloads" of stuff for the same price QVC want for one item !, yes I know it is not very good quality but if it lasts for a few months I am well pleased.

I agree

Hello and welcome Rainbowdottie and Silversequin !.
Speaking for my self regarding QVC fashion I would rather go to Primark and buy "shedloads" of stuff for the same price QVC want for one item !, yes I know it is not very good quality but if it lasts for a few months I am well pleased.

Anyone who has read my comments on the Centigrade coat that has finally cured me of QVC "FASHION" (this term is as loose as the buttons on said coat!). I had a good look at a recent Primark bargain, a grey mac and it was far better finished than the dreaded coat, buttons secured on the back with little buttons, lovely contrast print lining and it only cost £18. Think I have learned my lesson. Also the endless, endless Jill Franks is doing my head in, she must be earning a fair bit at the mo!

Hello and welcome rainbowdottie:wave2:

I must say that I think you are being very generous putting QVC and fashion in the same sentence. :giggle:

:devil:

Anyone who has read my comments on the Centigrade coat that has finally cured me of QVC "FASHION" (this term is as loose as the buttons on said coat!). I had a good look at a recent Primark bargain, a grey mac and it was far better finished than the dreaded coat, buttons secured on the back with little buttons, lovely contrast print lining and it only cost £18. Think I have learned my lesson. Also the endless, endless Jill Franks is doing my head in, she must be earning a fair bit at the mo!

Already had a moan about her on another thread but I wish the producers had replaced the Morning Show usuals with ANYONE else but JF.:sad:

thanks for the welcome:hi:

I got into qvc about 10 yrs ago - my kids were little - my hubby did and still does shift work - and it was a bit of company ina weird kind of way.

I still watch it a lot - which seems to be habit and at much amusement to my hubby,family and colleagues.

I really do like some of the presenters.I really like pippa and dale.Julia in small doses although I've found over the years,that her opinion of herself has got higher and higher!! Catherine has got a lot better and easier to listen to.....when she started all she ever said was"now,then.."! I really like jilly - but never seem to her much.I quite like anthony but I hardly ever see him present.

I like glen,and feel sorry for him - he seems very much on the outside.Charlie is quite easy to listen to,as is claire sutton.

I really like sara - shes probably my favourite and on the least.

I cannot stand gill franks - she must smoke a 1000 fags a day with all her wheezing between sentences.I cannot stand alison young for her rudness and shouting.I don't dislike kathy taylor,but like ann dawson they get all their words in such a muddle.

(how sad am I,that I can pass comment on sooooo many presenters:blush:)

welcom rainbowdottie.

hi rainbowdottie i agree with you on so many things. i to watch qvc for company etc and very occasionally buy the odd thing mainly l'occitane,kitchen stuff and diamonique silver at the mo.

like most if not all the presenters specially alison young. she has a dry sacastic humour that i like.

when i was a size 28 i used to buy clothes from qvc and carol hochman now quite franky i dont have to i am happy with that.

you will have lots of fun on the forum as women we are all different but are joined by a common cause....whatever that is lol
enjoy!

hi all,

I am also a newcomer to this forum, but have found it so addictive and love the comments and F.A.R.T.S club!

I completely agree with the comments about the so called fashion - I'm 36 and don't wish to wear 'wearable art' or clothes you can screw up and it apparently doesn't crease...(Kim & co - vile)

Who on earth buys these clothes, i don't think i have ever seen anything i would wear on an desert island with no humans let alone walk out of the house:tongue2:

Hi & Welcome Rainbowdottie:hi:
I'm fairly new myself and found the forum after becoming increasingly disappointed in QVC. The Fashion Day has been a total No No:sad::sad::sad: and I haven't been tempted at all which probably has been a good thing! Maybe the F.A.R.T.S have infiltrated QVC towers and Fashion Day was a cunning plan to stop us buying stuff we don't need:tongue2::tongue2:
It seems unbelievable that someone actually selected those shows thinking thats what customers wanted:sad:

Hi & Welcome Rainbowdottie:hi:
I'm fairly new myself and found the forum after becoming increasingly disappointed in QVC. The Fashion Day has been a total No No:sad::sad::sad: and I haven't been tempted at all which probably has been a good thing! Maybe the F.A.R.T.S have infiltrated QVC towers and Fashion Day was a cunning plan to stop us buying stuff we don't need:tongue2::tongue2:
It seems unbelievable that someone actually selected those shows thinking thats what customers wanted:sad:

* Waves to Rainbowdottie *:wave2::wave2:

Hi Eva, couldn't agree more. I havn't bought anything, zero, zilch......
I bought the black IM jacket yesterday, and confessed to it - and needed it. The only thing I would have bought today was the Ronnie Nicole dress that Ouida, the guest was wearing. However, I already own it, in black, and it's beautiful and very flattering on.
I remember how excited I used to get before a fashion day, too, because they were such events and there was a festive air and a sense of real anticipation.........* sighs heavily *..........:sad::sad:

Latest posts

Back