143 610

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All of the Spanx stuff seemed expensive to me but then I havent really looked at them before - I just know I thought' blimey, thats expensive' and the bras wouldnt even fit me, the cup sizes didnt go up high enough! Not sure how similar items compare as I have never bought them - dont fancy the fight getting them on and off as most eloquently described in a post a while back by Mrs James :giggle:

My main gripe in that hour though was the way they dressed Natalie in knickers and bra a size or two too small for the before and after shots. Also in the first item, a camisole I think, if Natalie had pulled the t shirt she was wearing down straight instead of leaving it bunched and wrinkled the before and after would have looked the same.

Ms Franks drove me mad by asking Debbie every single time what size she was wearing and what dress size she was normally. It seemed really rude as she was obviously not listening to what was being said to her.

Whinge over - need to change my mood to grumpy obviously :dull:

In these hard economic times how many of us can afford that on "underwear" ??, thye may be good but for crying out loud QVC wake up, give us a cheaper alternative please !

cannot justify that kind of money to be honest bet lynch and you are right whats with the limited bust sizes..
the high street shop with the green carriers that sell lovely underwear had a sale recently £39.50 bodies for £2 each and they went up to g cup lol....

hence no need for me to buy spanx lol:hi:

cannot justify that kind of money to be honest bet lynch and you are right whats with the limited bust sizes..
the high street shop with the green carriers that sell lovely underwear had a sale recently £39.50 bodies for £2 each and they went up to g cup lol....

hence no need for me to buy spanx lol:hi:

Oooh, I am so mad I missed that :envy:. Have a broken bone in my foot thats not healing very quickly and am missing all the good sales but at least this overdose of QVC has brought me to my senses!

I saw an underwear show a while back (cannot remember which brand) but they were making a big thing about 80% of women wearing the wrong size of bra. The presenter asked the guest about choosing the sizes to order and the reply was "just order your normal size!". For goodness sake!

It would really have made sense to put the models in the wrong size and show why it was the wrong size but no of course they didn't do that.

£60 bras? - bog off!

Sites like Brastop and Bravissimo sell beautiful bras for about £20-£25, myself i've been buying Panache for years who go right through to large sizes if needed and they are great. M&S and Asda also sell pretty bras at reasonable prices.

£60! Jeez....

I'm no expert on bras although it has been occasionally been suggested that my moobs could do with a lift, but this seems very expensive

I was under the impression that it was important to get properly measured for a bra to prevent chaffing. One of my close friends swears that she wished she had been measured properly 30 years sooner. She went from saggy to perky and looked much trimmer after a proper seeing to in the bra department.

Stuart

In the days when I was young, firm and fruity and treated my b00bs with respect, I used to spend that sort of money on Rigby & Peller bras, got fitted there too. They were worth every single penny, I hand-washed them lovingly and they lasted forever. They lift, hold, shape, define, reduce, flaunt, thrust, whatever you need. Have no idea about the quality of the Spanx ones but they seem like a generic squashing device, not the wonder of engineering and corsetry covered in silk, lace and embroidery that I remember dimly from my wage-earning, single, past.

I miss being fruity.

I've never understood why women label themselves a certain size so rigidly - it would be great if all manufacturers (or even ranges within a manufacturer) used the same measurements, but they obviously don't.

I dread bra shopping as I take a handful of bras of varying sizes into the changing room and try them all on, looking for the most comfortable and flattering fit. This is the best way as far as I'm concerned. It helps to wear a plain t-shirt to try on over the top, too. I sure as heck wouldn't pay all those delivery charges to QVC to have several sent!

I was once measured as a 44B in a high street shop known for knicker sales - I took a few in and they didn't come near me in the cup and were sloppy around the rib cage. I now pick up anything from a 36E to a 38DD in their brand and even more sizes in other!

I bought one of those Breezies bras some time ago, thinking I could try it on and send it back if necessary. Of course, I forgot for months, and then found the unopened packet. Tried it on, and amazingly, it fits beautifully and is very comfortable.

I would certainly consider buying another, although they are expensive.

Oh bras - drives me nust!

I went and got measured and the first thing the lady asked me was what size was I wearing? I told her and she said "Oh No No NO- I can see from here that's all wrong for you"

So she measured me and came up with a crazy size fetched an armful and I tried one on. HUGE!

We went down a back size...Still HUGE

We went down a cup size...Still HUGE

We went down a cup size AND a back size .. completely wrong and still HUGE

We went down a few back sizes and up a couple of cup sizes and guess what - almost.

Finally after an hour and a half of trying different brands and sizes we found one that she pronounced a perfect fit.

It was the same size as the one I came in wearing! :taphead::taphead::taphead:

I bought one of those Breezies bras some time ago, thinking I could try it on and send it back if necessary. Of course, I forgot for months, and then found the unopened packet. Tried it on, and amazingly, it fits beautifully and is very comfortable.

I would certainly consider buying another, although they are expensive.

They seem to be cheap compared to the ones they where selling the other day !

Latest posts

Back