Opinions required please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
I was watching the online auction and spotted item number 276144, I know its not much but it would be a present for my neice I think, it went down to £29.
It has been on a few times and keeps stopping at £29.

Sorry, cannot do links to it for a piccie, if some-one can then thank you so much.

I have to ask cause I am pretty useless with rings.

Was gonna put it away for her for Christmas PP.

I aint that great with rings though (apart from SWS ones that is, but then I lurve SWS items) so I always need help when picking them.

I'm glad I'm not alone starting my xmas shopping Yaz! I'm sure you're neice will love it, especially if she loves blue.

I don't know how old your niece is Yazrose but am certain my girls (mid teens) would love that ring!
That shade of blue is always a good choice for young people & of course, they love to say their jewellery is 'real gold' & 'real diamonds', even if they're only little ones!
DDs have different tastes & styles but I would confidently buy that ring for either of them, knowing they would almost certainly love it!
Of the four 'Cs', young people tend to value colour most highly I think & are less bothered by the odd flaw as long as it's 'shiny', blingy is good! lol
Nice choice, lucky niece!

I don't know how old your niece is Yazrose but am certain my girls (mid teens) would love that ring!
That shade of blue is always a good choice for young people & of course, they love to say their jewellery is 'real gold' & 'real diamonds', even if they're only little ones!
DDs have different tastes & styles but I would confidently buy that ring for either of them, knowing they would almost certainly love it!
Of the four 'Cs', young people tend to value colour most highly I think & are less bothered by the odd flaw as long as it's 'shiny', blingy is good! lol
Nice choice, lucky niece!

Thank you.
Just what I wanted to hear, so to speak, from someone who has teenage girls. My neice is 15 (16 in feb) so not sure wether to give it to her for Christmas or her 16th birthday.

....so not sure wether to give it to her for Christmas or her 16th birthday.

Can't help you with that one! lol

I think the thing to remember is that (many at least!) teenagers have a different set of values to adults - I have a tiny ring, an old family engagement ring, the already pitifully thin band of gold worn away from decades of wear & the diamonds (set in a curve) tiny little dots - virtually worthless as a piece of jewellery but DD wore it to her prom & amongst all the Claire's Accessories fake bling, it stood out & was admired for being 'real'......& 'antique'! *seemples!*

A giant chunk of flawless diamonique, whilst 'blingy', is just not 'real' & when you don't have much money (as most teens don't!), 'real' is generally out of reach! Doesn't matter if it's not expensive.......if it is a named gemstone with real diamonds, it's generally 'kudos'! :cool2:

Lovely ring Yas, but just a thought. Both my daughters and both my nieces never wear yellow gold - I've also never seen their friends in yellow gold, just silver and white gold. My daughter seems to think that young people often tend to prefer the white metals. Perhaps you could check with your niece as it would be an awful waste of money if she never wore it (unless you already know of course!)

I bought to gold rings from the pawn shop last year that she loves so I think she would like this one, But you are right I should check first. xxxxx

Hi there
Just wanted to say that the ring is lovely and in my opinion perfect for a teenager. My girl is 16 and wears apatite and swiss blue topaz and looks great with both. I'm sure your niece will love her present..great choice!

I'm glad I'm not alone starting my xmas shopping Yaz! I'm sure you're neice will love it, especially if she loves blue.

Start early and beat the rush is my motto lol
She does like blue colours, I got her some blue crystal stuff for her birthday and she wears them all the time. Thanks for your opinion on it, I am totally useless at choosing rings lol

Hi there
Just wanted to say that the ring is lovely and in my opinion perfect for a teenager. My girl is 16 and wears apatite and swiss blue topaz and looks great with both. I'm sure your niece will love her present..great choice!

Thanks hun, its always nice to hear opinions from people who have teenagers, as I don't have children and I don't have great taste in rings I find it difficult choosing them especially for teenagers but I thought it was a nice ring.

Hi Yazrose, It is a really sweet ring. My only misgiving is that apatite is so soft and teenagers are not the most careful of creatures! Lovely gift though and would be lovely for Christmas

Inge xx

Latest posts

Back