George Simonton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Simonton

Post Thanks / Like

Default George Simonton

Dear God in heaven , what is that man wearing! Haven't seen anyone wearing a blazer with brass buttons for 20 years!

Sorry couldn't possibly consider buying clothers from him.

It's like Are You Being Served.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems a sweet guy though and I do like the white shirt with pleated cuffs but I am a FART and proud of it so wont be buying.

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

He does seem like a nice guy even though he is quite odd in appearance.

On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind howls through the trees
    Post Thanks / Like

His clothing range is not my cuppa, but at least his is very knowledgable, he is a tailor from the old stock and has a good knowledge of cuts, tissues, measurements.... etc.
    He is quite popular is the US, has shops in the famous warehouses and I think he is a renowned teacher too.
    Must admit,he is a bit odd, but comes over as a frienldy guy, unlike his fellow NYer DB

Post Thanks / Like

He does seem very friendly just can't get past his choice of clothing (on him not what he's selling). sounds like he'sbeen on US QVC quite a bit too.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't take my eyes off him. He is mesmirising. I think it's his voice. He looks mighty odd - plastic in a Gerry and Sylvia Anderson way - but does seem to be a proper tailor. I never buy clothes from QVC. I am three quarters pit pony and nothing ever fits...

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flo View Post
    Dear God in heaven , what is that man wearing! Haven't seen anyone wearing a blazer with brass buttons for 20 years!

LIsten,I don't mean this in any sort of nasty way,but THAT guy ,comes on , and the thing you wonder about are the brass buttons on his blazer? I laughed really hard when I saw that.
    When I look at him ,I wonder many things, but brass buttons would be way down on the list of odditys about him ..(or whatever).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flo View Post

I swear he was wearing an Indigo Moon ladies' tee shirt with embroidery and possibly sequined shoulders! Somewhat small for him too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurlyBeaR View Post
    George is very odd looking indeed, clearly had "work" and a great deal of makey. i agree he is mesmerising. But wow have you ever come across such a gentleman on QVC?

He is so polite and respectful to the presenters and audience. When something sells out he says "thankyou" and you can tell he means it. Truly "old school" and obviously an expert at what he does.... no sneaking a look at a product card for a reminder of what he is supposed to be selling with our George!

there arent many of these types of guest left, long may he continue.
    I think he comes from the same 'old school' as Joseph Esposito, polite and respectful with his audience and has the knowledge to experience to back up his products.

Post Thanks / Like

He does seem like a really nice person but the clothes he is selling are absolute carp in fact I thought yesterday's clothing was rubbish and totally overpriced I never saw a single thing I would consider wearing.