kim & co home range?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    DH and I already strike sparks off each other. For some reason, we generate huge amounts of static just touching hands, sometimes. It can be quite painful and most times, we have no idea what causes it.........::confused2::confused2:
    I'm the same Artemis !, sometimes you can hear the crackle :confused2: !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scampdog View Post
    I'm the same Artemis !, sometimes you can hear the crackle :confused2: !
    We've seen sparks!
    We don't have any carpets, so it can't be that.....:confused2:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    We've seen sparks!
    We don't have any carpets, so it can't be that.....:confused2:
    Perhaps we should wire ourselves to a power source ?, we could save a fortune in electric bills !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scampdog View Post
    I rememeber Mum getting "bri nylon" sheets when I was young !, as someone who suffers badly from "static shocks" I got out of bed in the mornings with my hair standing on end, and at night if I turned over sparks flew !.
    My mum had sheets from Brentford Nylons, awful things they were too, vile colours and too hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BetLynch View Post
    My mum had sheets from Brentford Nylons, awful things they were too, vile colours and too hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
    Now thats a name from the past !, it was probably there Mum shopped !

Post Thanks / Like

Nylon tea-towels. Now that would be nice....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BetLynch View Post
    I remember my mum buying stuff at Brentford Nylons too and you can bet your bottom dollar that Julian's grandma did!

On the electric shock front it's generally cars that give me an electric shock.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't put man-made fibres anywhere near me at bedtime. When I was 12 my parents bought me a brushed nylon nightie. One morning I remember turning over and a wasp that had been trapped in the fibres during the night stung me at least 12 times on my right-hand-side. My parents ran in my bedroom when they heard me screaming and my father literally ripped the nightie off my back when he couldn't get the trapped wasp off the material.

I don't remember much after that but luckily my mother immediately rang the Doctor who pulled up in his car literally a few minutes later and apparently nearly kicked the front door down to get in and give me an injection which probably saved my life. I had no movement on my right-hand-side for about 24 hours. After that, I obviously avoid wasps but also microfibre in bed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janette View Post
    Don't put man-made fibres anywhere near me at bedtime. When I was 12 my parents bought me a brushed nylon nightie. One morning I remember turning over and a wasp that had been trapped in the fibres during the night stung me at least 12 times on my right-hand-side. My parents ran in my bedroom when they heard me screaming and my father literally ripped the nightie off my back when he couldn't get the trapped wasp off the material.

I don't remember much after that but luckily my mother immediately rang the Doctor who pulled up in his car literally a few minutes later and apparently nearly kicked the front door down to get in and give me an injection which probably saved my life. I had no movement on my right-hand-side for about 24 hours. After that, I obviously avoid wasps but also microfibre in bed!
    How scary!:whew2:You poor thing!
    I so hated the feel of my bri-nylon nightie that I used to walk with my arms spread out, so I didn't have to touch it! My mother said I was being 'fanciful' and that she didn't have time for my"dramatics". The minute I went to bed, I took it off - we didn't have nylon sheets, thank goodness -they were yet to come!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Bear View Post
    I remember my mum buying stuff at Brentford Nylons too and you can bet your bottom dollar that Julian's grandma did!

On the electric shock front it's generally cars that give me an electric shock.

Brentford Nylons was my first thought when I saw the advert! Perhaps Kim&Co bought them out. thmbs up